ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Does my heart good to hear stories like yours Broxi. I put all my weight on after my fiance was killed 10 years ago now, can't believe its that long. Only now do I feel ready to get rid of the weight and if I'm very, very, lucky I hope to meet someone just as special. Fingers crossed!

I am really sorry you lost your fiance. It must have been a very hard 10 years.

I am glad you have got to the place where you want to move on!

Broxi is brilliant at 'hitting the nail on the head'. I too have hidden behind my weight - and I dislike attention from men!

However I too am ready to move on, and find someone special. Hopefully we will find someone at the same time, and share that journey too!!!! (after we have lost the weight!!!)

For me, I need to love myself first - and I hope through that, I will allow myself to be loved by someone else rather than push them away! I wonder if this is the same for you?

So - lets bring on the Diesel Jeans - and let ourselves be loved!!

xxxxxx

Eight years ago I was pregnant with a 1 1/2 year old making a decision to run away from a very frightening husband who used to lock me in the house, take my money and beat me, I used to comfort eat to help me through the bad times, no self confidence, no nothing and pretending to everyone else I was happy and life was good. I woke up one day and thought my god what am I doing, phoned the police they came and talked and talked and talked they took photos of my body and they decided to take him away (when they found him), he was sent away on my daughters second birthday, that was the start of my new life, ok I was a few sizes bigger but I was safe.

I moved towns, bought a house and trained to be a childminder and set up my own business, played online on a night and met the man of my dreams, he liked/likes me for me and says I must only do this for me, bless him.

Basically from little acorns mighty oaks can grow and I want that.

Never even told my friends that story only my parents and husband know this.

Witchy - thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad that you found the acorn inside youself to start and change your life. You found it, grasped and planted it inside your heart! You changed your life for you and your daughter - wow! The acorn grew into a seedling!

The you met your husband - and the small tree started growing stronger! He sounds like a lovely man - and loves you for who you are!!!

Thanks again for sharing this - You are a mighty oak tree!!!

Bx

Nikki - I get too cold if my house is 18C, so I seem to have had the heating on all day so far!!!!

I am also sitting watching tele, posting on here with a lovely blanket over me!!!

xxx

Today is another great CD day- on the road to freedom from fat! Slowly but surely the butterflies are emerging from their ugly cocoons and the beauty is becoming visible! My mum said to me yesterday that I was looking very pretty! She's not too big on compliments either!
How are you all feeling? x

I have a feeling that you are as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside!!!

Beautiful Broxi!!!

X

Thank you for all your posts in the last 24 hours - we are getting every close to each other - and this is going to pull us through the weeks on CD!!

I think the idea of meeting up for a lovely break when we are done it a fab idea! I would love to sit chatting to you all!

Bx

Oh and my other thought for the day is what wonderful husband's and boyfriends many of you have!!! The support you through this diet, but love you for who you are!!

X

Good morning Carolyn,

I am sure you can do it at 100%. I am also battling with the fact that I turn to food when I am happy, stressed or sad! Come on here when you have bad cravings - and get support from us all.

We are all behind you a 100%!

Bx

Witchy.. I know what you are talking about, it happened to me too..
Being loved for who we are is lovely. I met my current BF 4 yrs ago, a little slimmer then I was when I started CD.

I wasn't happy with myself tho, and haven't been for 15 yrs, after my Marriage from hell.. Police was called on numerous occasions and my then disabled daughter was also getting bullied by this evil person..

But, i made the break, he doesn't see the kids, never has done an took him to court so that if he did, he would have to be supervised.. so he decided not to.. I've now brought my children up on my own (hard but rewarding) and I now have time for me.. I don't like myself as I am, I feel happier and healthier thinner and also have more confidence too, so work is better for me too.

This small journey, and it is small as I've still a long way to go, does make you reflect.. funny that, but I'm glad it has. Gets you to address the demons and work on them and we then do start to emerge.. As the person we want to become and will BE!

Someone told me once to "not fix whats not broken", I didn't feel completely broken (as held on to some self respect), but there was so much room for improvement around making mine and my kids lifes better. Did some voluntary work for a while and yes, small acorns do grow Witchy.. Got a job out of that (only 5 hrs a week to start) then moved on to different roles within health and social care and now work full time in a job I Love, helping disadvantaged children and giving them my experience that has strengthend me as a person.

A small thing I learned today.. I was sooo worried about going away this weekend,as thought it would undo all the work I have done so far on CD.. My CDC didn't advise me that you would slowly reintroduce carbs, so for me.. it was worrying to go from having lost, to eating and gaining it all too. A simple and logic thing, i know.. but now i do understand and will go away feeling assured that I can eat and be in control still (I'm a woman afterall, lol). I always want to be in control now and know that my move in with my bf in 3 weeks is the right one now for me and won't ever let anyone try to take my strength away ever again. He knows about my background and knows I still ahve a few things I need to work on to get rid of my past haunts, but seems that now my life might just start be going well. xxx

Morning Ladies, yesterday was the first time I havn't been able to make it on and wow has this moved on. I have tried to read all but my little girl keeps tugging at my leg lol. Some very moving stories and you are fab girls to have got through and come out the other side.

Last night I attended a wedding, it was the first time I have been out on a night out to which I would have had a drink and buffet food but was very surprised to find that it didn't bother me in the slightest siting there drinking water. I think it really is getting easier the longer I am on cd and my habit's have changed already. Has anyone else surprised themselves at how strong we can actually be when we put our minds to it? Zoe x

i am off on on hols tomorrow,

2 more jeans today falling down, got all my 16s on but big belly roll at the top, so a few more weeks b4 comfy. will stick to 18s for a bit.

my mother in law told me i wont do it, not as thin as i want, so more determined to show the poisoned little dwarf, sorry thats what we call her lol xxx

Have a lovely holiday babe!! I am sure you will get through it and see a good weight loss at the end of the week!

You are really changing your body shape with more jeans falling down! Sounds like you need some belts!! heeee heee

Maybe your mother in law is feeling a little jealous, especially as you don't have to eat her food anymore! You can and will do this. And you will be able to tell her that you have reached your goal!!

Bxxxx

Morning Ladies, yesterday was the first time I havn't been able to make it on and wow has this moved on. I have tried to read all but my little girl keeps tugging at my leg lol. Some very moving stories and you are fab girls to have got through and come out the other side.

Last night I attended a wedding, it was the first time I have been out on a night out to which I would have had a drink and buffet food but was very surprised to find that it didn't bother me in the slightest siting there drinking water. I think it really is getting easier the longer I am on cd and my habit's have changed already. Has anyone else surprised themselves at how strong we can actually be when we put our minds to it? Zoe x

Hi Zoe.. Yes, a few weeks ago, i would have eaten the Mcmuffin that I resisted this morning.. and that did surprise me too. xx

Witchy - thank you for sharing your story. I am so glad that you found the acorn inside youself to start and change your life. You found it, grasped and planted it inside your heart! You changed your life for you and your daughter - wow! The acorn grew into a seedling!

The you met your husband - and the small tree started growing stronger! He sounds like a lovely man - and loves you for who you are!!!

Thanks again for sharing this - You are a mighty oak tree!!!

Bx

Aww bless you, you just made me fill up xxxx

Right guys need to bob out, small child if off to grandparents for the night, im having a child free afternoon and night so I exercise and zone out (hate weekends re food ect).

Back soon all. x

ooohh, Claira.. you will have a lovely time.. I'm looking forward to buying some Levis.. had some once (12 yrs ago, lol) and love the styles that they have now. My sort of Mother in law to be (not seen her for 3 months), is a bit of a meddling woman (aren't they all!) came straight up to me yesterday at a party where I popped in before work and said, that I'd lost a lot of weight. Loved the compliment and my clothes do feel looser too. Off shopping tomorrow with my sister to buy just 2 items new for my weekend away.. as know that I'll grow out of them soon, so will still give me that good feeling of knowing I can do that. xx

I always had Levi's, I can't wait to be able to go out and buy some decent jeans that actually make your bum look nice lol.

Good idea Nikki to buy only 2 items as you will be out of them in no time. Zoe x

I wasn't happy with myself tho, and haven't been for 15 yrs, after my Marriage from hell.. Police was called on numerous occasions and my then disabled daughter was also getting bullied by this evil person..

But, i made the break, he doesn't see the kids, never has done an took him to court so that if he did, he would have to be supervised.. so he decided not to.. I've now brought my children up on my own (hard but rewarding) and I now have time for me.. I don't like myself as I am, I feel happier and healthier thinner and also have more confidence too, so work is better for me too.

This small journey, and it is small as I've still a long way to go, does make you reflect.. funny that, but I'm glad it has. Gets you to address the demons and work on them and we then do start to emerge.. As the person we want to become and will BE!

Someone told me once to "not fix whats not broken", I didn't feel completely broken (as held on to some self respect), but there was so much room for improvement around making mine and my kids lifes better. Did some voluntary work for a while and yes, small acorns do grow Witchy.. Got a job out of that (only 5 hrs a week to start) then moved on to different roles within health and social care and now work full time in a job I Love, helping disadvantaged children and giving them my experience that has strengthend me as a person.

my move in with my bf in 3 weeks is the right one now for me and won't ever let anyone try to take my strength away ever again. He knows about my background and knows I still ahve a few things I need to work on to get rid of my past haunts, but seems that now my life might just start be going well. xxx

Nikki - wow you too found the acorn, and left! Well done for bringing up your children on your own!

You managed to leave with respect for yourself! This respect will build and you should love yourself for how far you have come, bring up your children and starting a career! wow!

I was touched the other day when you said you were picking carpets with your BF. And how he let you choose...... He seems lovely, and I feel like he respects you too, as he sees your strengh and doesn't want to take it away!

You too are an oak tree!

Bx

Zoe - I am sooooo lokking forward to buying decent jeans too!! I can wear them without feeling fat in them!

Nikki - enjoy buying your clothes - and I too love the fact that you will be out of them soon! heee haaa! I am sure that feels great!

Bx

Morning babe!

Yes, I too went out shopping yesterday with friends - we always have a lazy lunch and I just had my shake! I felt so good that I got through it!!

I am so proud of you getting through the wedding - well done you!!!

We are all changing our lifes and ourselves for ever!

X

Back