ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

I'd like to hear about the you that you want to be, because I think creating it in your mind makes it happen. So a glorious technicolour version of you, and all the positive differences! I think if we keep building these goal versions of ourselves up, bigger and bigger, it will give us a concrete picture to aim for. Rather than running away from our old selves, we'll have fantastic version of our new selves to run towards!

The new me has a positive outlook on live, and want to participate in life, and all the wonderful things you can do (not stand on the side, watching others).

The new me is confident, and wears clothes that I want (rather what fits).

The new me is fun to be around and to live with (rather than the negative one I now sometimes am).

The new me is healthy, and treats my body with respect and healthy food (rather than hating the body and feeding it rubbish).

The new me loves myself to sum it up!

Oh, this was hard! I bet there are many more glorious sides of the new me that I want to add, see what the rest of you want! I am also going to look for a picture that might sum it up!

Hi Carolyn, that's how I feel! You are nearly at target though so you don't have long to do it. x

Susan, great goals!

Carolyn, I am so sorry you feel like that. I totally agree that we spend a fortune on this diet, and 1 pound sounds little. We want big results! I am sure they will come, just hang in there! Take one day at the time, and post here on the forum. I know that has helped me a lot in my low times!

Broxi, sorry you feel the same today! I can really feel your pain. Try to eliminate the thought that CD might not work for you. Simply replace it with "CD is working for me". I used to do an exercise a few months ago. I had a rubber band around my wrist, and every time a negative thought came along, I just moved the band to the other wrist. Let me tell you there was A LOT of moving at first :). And I didn't even hear all the negative thoughts (or sad thoughts, or thoughts that are not good for me). But, eventually I felt a lot better. And it is such a simple exercise! Please try it all of you who are feeling down today, and please write about it here on the thread. As I moved the band over to the other wrist, I also said the thought out loud, but this time i changed it into "the right thinking" and made a positive statement about it.

Hi Asa, do you think all that works- like law of attraction, that we can actually talk & visualise things to happen?

morning girls, i lost 2lb overnight, so 3lb off this week, broxi this is hopefull,
i still feel a bit pmt also with no totm,
thanks from everyone who said i did well on hols x
i am pleased with myself, but matt ate like a horse and lost 1lb, if i had ate like him, i would have gained 7lb lol xx
ur all doing soo well, xx

Where is Witchy today, missing you dear! xxx

Hi Claira, are you glad you stuck to diet on hols or do you feel like you missed out?

I'm still feeling really bad today- it's like a serious PMT depression except it isn't my TOTM. I could just cry all the time and I don't feel like facing anything. I'm always happy too and my husband is worried about me but he knows how much this diet means to me. I have to say though if my mood keeps like this or gets worse I think I would have to come off diet.
I'm also extremely worried about my weight loss. I have not lost anything since last Saturday. Now that's what always happens to me on other diets and my weight loss just stops forever even although I'm sticking to plan. I'm really sorry to be so negative but I'm just finding this so hard. xxx

Broxi - don't worry about being negative, this is what we are all here for!

Again it is the weekend for you and all of us, which is never our favourite time!! You seem to be really down, and this could be around not being able to control your emotions with food, or treats!! Have you got a plan for the day?? I know sound like you don't want to go out - but how about getting some magazines (looking at all the slim people!!) or watching a dvd?? I always find when I am down, if I watch a film which, I always think my life isn't so bad after all! Watch sex and the city film - great fashion!!

I also feel you are almost willing this diet not to work for you...... I strong statement I know, and I am not meaning to hurt you with it. I sometimes feel that if we 'trust', believe and know this is going to work for us - it will!! It is all about our frame of mind....

You may not have lost anything this week - however it will come off! Go and look at some people who have been on this a while - they had a few weeks where they stayed the same, then they lost again!

Please don't give up - as you will then never know if this is right for you!

I am sending you lots of love, and positivity, and I will pray for the same.

Bxxx

morning girls, i lost 2lb overnight, so 3lb off this week, broxi this is hopefull,
i still feel a bit pmt also with no totm,
thanks from everyone who said i did well on hols x
i am pleased with myself, but matt ate like a horse and lost 1lb, if i had ate like him, i would have gained 7lb lol xx
ur all doing soo well, xx

Claira - wow - congratulations on your loss!!! And you did so well on your week away too!!!

It is lovely to have you back though!!!

XXXXXX

Hi Asa, do you think all that works- like law of attraction, that we can actually talk & visualise things to happen?

Yes I do :). I know it works, at least on some part of my life. For example I always have enough money, it comes to me when needed, I feel secure about that part. And I have felt this confident for my economy for ages, and I always had enough of money.

But my weight hasn't worked for me obviously, but thats because I have such a long way to walk with my thinking, and so much of my thinking I am not aware of, and it started so many years ago that I don't even react to my negative talk about my body/food to myself. I want to change that, and it will take time! But I am positive that the law of attraction is the way to go, and it will work! I just have to work at it harder :D

mixed feelings, but overall, really glad i stuck to it, but wanted aa bigger loss, if you are away for 3 weeks i would probably suggest, ss+ with some ss days, and maybe allow 1 special but small meal at the end of hols if you have to, it is not worth throwing caution to the wind, if i had been bad just once i would have thrown it all away,
im not a big drinker, but it was a glass of wine i missed most, for the first couple of nights then enjoyed my flavored water x, deffinatly worth sticking to xxxx

Asa - I love the elastic band thing - that is a great idea!!

I went through a place where I really hated myself (inside and out) many years ago, and felt underconfident etc. I used to stand infront of a mirror and say 'you are beautiful inside and out' to myself!! It was hard for a while, and then time went by and I could actually say the words! Then I started to believe them, cried quite a bit - but did change my thinking!
I believe we are all beautiful inside and out (body and personality), we may not feel that our bodies are where we want them to be - but we are lucky to have a body, and we are addressing the fact that we want to be slim!

X

Thanks guys, I am going to do law of attraction and prayer and bible say, BE TRANSFORMED BY THE RENEWING OF YOUR MIND so that's all about thinking the right things too -CBT. OK -

CD WILL work for me.
I AM going to lose about 3lb a week un til I reach my ideal weight.
I AM going to get fit.
I WILL be able to put food in its proper place in my life.

I am getting thin and will soon be at target.

There how is that?

Sorry if I am going on too hard about this today? I hope I don't get misunderstood though! It is not my intension to tell others what to think and try. I sure don't want to change the forum, I want us to be able to write about all our feelings, emotions and thoughts, even on our worst days, and all the fear and negativity we feel.

I just felt so strong for you who are struggling today, I did a few days ago, and had wished I could have thought of my rubber band exercise then, but of course I didn't. I just want to know if it has any effect what so ever on a bad day/mood. Since it worked for me when I was studying an feeling worthless and really bad.

I'd like to hear about the you that you want to be, because I think creating it in your mind makes it happen. So a glorious technicolour version of you, and all the positive differences! I think if we keep building these goal versions of ourselves up, bigger and bigger, it will give us a concrete picture to aim for. Rather than running away from our old selves, we'll have fantastic version of our new selves to run towards!

This is a great idea - I love the full colour versions of oursleves, and the bigger picture thinking (or maybe smaller us in it - heeee haaa)

I just want to wear a pair of diesel jeans!! ha ha!

Reactions: Asa
Asa - I love the elastic band thing - that is a great idea!!

I went through a place where I really hated myself (inside and out) many years ago, and felt underconfident etc. I used to stand infront of a mirror and say 'you are beautiful inside and out' to myself!! It was hard for a while, and then time went by and I could actually say the words! Then I started to believe them, cried quite a bit - but did change my thinking!
I believe we are all beautiful inside and out (body and personality), we may not feel that our bodies are where we want them to be - but we are lucky to have a body, and we are addressing the fact that we want to be slim!

X

I totally agree with all! Well put!

Scary to say those words to yourself in the mirror I think. I still feel uncomfortable. But I will get there!!!

Hey Asa, you are helping me by talking like this, so thanks! It is quite amazing that after I wrote that positive affirmation post my mood did actually lift. Sorry if I've been bringing anyone down with my moaning but it's just it's the worst I have felt and I wouldn't even be on this diet without you lot so I just needed you to help me and hopefully, I'll be able to return the favour in the future! xxx

Broxi - that is brilliant!! believe it, and God will make it happen!

I hope you didn't find my post hard to read - I just really want the best for you, whatever that is - and hope you understand that I am coming from a place of loving and supporting you and trying to help you to get where you want to be.

xxx

I am thinking that is may be a good idea for us to do a plan for the weekend, so those of us who find weekends hard, kinda commit to a plan of what we are going to do!! Therefore we plan the weekend, rather than it hitting us in the face and hence have a cr*p time!!

What do you think?

Back