ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Hi everyone, well so far done ss today and yesterday but don't feel any different. Am so so scared i won't lose any weight on weigh in on saturday, i don't see how i can't but my clothes feel tight still? Does anyone think it will suddenly start to shift? :cry:

It will do, give it time and dont give in it will be worth in the end.

Hiya - well 2nd day nearly over and I'm starving and had to keep nipping loo all day at work. going to have an early night so I don't get tempted to run shop for food. Hardest for me will be wednesday as I've been sent on an away day and they are supplying lunch for everyone - I don't know if I should make excuse of phone calls to make and go outside as don't want people knowing i'm on this diet yet until I'm confident on it x

Hi everyone! Hope you're all ok and you've had a good CD day! I'm having one of those 'this isnt going to work for me days' today. Feeling a bit low and convincing myself that I'm not going to lose another ounce on CD - that I'm the only person in the world that it won't work for even though I'm sticking to it 100%. I've felt like this a few times since I started and I'm not sure whether its a side effect of the diet or me being stupid. Either way, I'm feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself. Soz to moan but I just had to get it down in words in the hope that I can pull myself together. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Witchy, I am doing fine this evening. Finished off my vanilla shake a little while ago, while browsing the Internet for a trip to Croatia. Have anyone been there? How are you this evening?

Susan, that's a tricky one. There is a thread about this on the main forum (not giving cred to CD or something like that the thread is called). But I am sure you will be a great success on this diet, so don't let that stop you from telling them :).

Wannabeelovely, I am so sorry you are feeling this way! I have my down days as well (not to many days ago to be honest). You have lost so much weight already, and you have done so well on the diet. You can do it to the end! I am sure! Just try to stick out this day, and tomorrow will hopefully be better!

Well, I am off to bed. Take care lovely butterflies! Talk to you tomorrow!

I've heard Croatia is lovely but not been myself. Usually go to Crete.

Thats for your words of support - I have tried few diets so don't want people lookin and saying "what -another one"

What I can never get is you go to these lunches or nights out and everyone eats lots and stays slim - yet I look at my plate and gain pounds - so have always felt uncomfortable eating out cause I think everyone is staring thinking how big I am - can't wait to be slim so I'm not self concious x

Hi everyone! Hope you're all ok and you've had a good CD day! I'm having one of those 'this isnt going to work for me days' today. Feeling a bit low and convincing myself that I'm not going to lose another ounce on CD - that I'm the only person in the world that it won't work for even though I'm sticking to it 100%. I've felt like this a few times since I started and I'm not sure whether its a side effect of the diet or me being stupid. Either way, I'm feeling a bit sad and sorry for myself. Soz to moan but I just had to get it down in words in the hope that I can pull myself together. Does anyone else ever feel this way?

Hey Lovely

Chin up - we all get like this at times. I've been having a hard afternoon myself... I cleaned my house in the middle of the day and felt great, but once I had done that the head cravings started kicking in. I wanted to reward myself with food :(

As for not losing... to distract myself from eating I decided to browse for some new clothes in my target size. So I've been looking on Next at size 10 outfits, but haven't the nerve to order any just in case I don't get there. Sometimes our mind's are determined to trip us up. Now I know that I will succeed, it's just that I doubt myself and my will power at the same time.

Together with the help of the other butterflies we will get to goal. Just keep reading the success stories and know that we'll get there too!

Hi everyone, well so far done ss today and yesterday but don't feel any different. Am so so scared i won't lose any weight on weigh in on saturday, i don't see how i can't but my clothes feel tight still? Does anyone think it will suddenly start to shift? :cry:

Stick with it Carolyn you are doing really well, the results will soon start to show. I know from my point of view I've lost 1 1/2 st now, and my clothes are starting to feel loose, but at the same time I don't need to buy a lot of new ones because the ones I have are just fitting better.

We'll get there!

Wannabelovely I think you need a big hug right now, I have felt like that a few times, especially weekends, but weekdays are great, come and chat away when you feel like this, you are worth it and will succeed on this journey, we all will, just remember tomorrow is another day (I went all scarlet ohara on you then) and every day is a step closer to your goal. Hope you feel a bit better tomorrow honey xxxx

Well hello Butterflies.

Every time I come on I have to read a book to catch up on everyone!

Asa, Louie, Zoe, Lynda, Contrary (hope I've not missed anyone) what amazing weight losses. Really big ones. Mine is tomorrow and I think 3lb but that's fine

Asa, I'm so glad you enjoyed your first day at work. It can be quite daunting.

Nikki, please take this b*****d all the way. Do not let him do it. You have nothing to lose. In the past I would have suffered it or left but not now and I realise that you can't actually fail. Work places are too pc now to allow bullying to continue if they are made aware of it. Hope you enjoyed clothes shopping! Let us know how you got on.

Susan, you shoudl just make a phone call and stay away from the lunch. I had to do that first few days. I HAVE to sit down to a beautiful home cooked meal everyday at work and there is no escape for me as pat of my remit is to eat with the kids and teach them about social interactions! Very difficult but I got out of it for first few days of CD.

Iamlovely, I feel like this all the time. Other diets always stop working for me and I am terrified this happens with CD. I literally have nightmares about it- it seems like a miracle to me that something is finally working for me.

Witchy, I'm missing you too honey and all the other amazing people on this thread. I honestly couldn't even consider doing this diet without you all. You are all amazing.

Work for me was ok today. I met my friend for coffee after. I've not been drinking nearly enough water for the past few days and I'm really hungry. I don't really mind being hungry- it's cravings I can't stand. Not too bad today though.

xxx

Hiya - well 2nd day nearly over and I'm starving and had to keep nipping loo all day at work. going to have an early night so I don't get tempted to run shop for food. Hardest for me will be wednesday as I've been sent on an away day and they are supplying lunch for everyone - I don't know if I should make excuse of phone calls to make and go outside as don't want people knowing i'm on this diet yet until I'm confident on it x

I know what you mean Susan, I'm hiding the fact that I'm on a diet from the people I work with too, mostly because I don't want to answer a lot of questions. Running constantly to the loo - but I don't mind that as it gets me away from my desk regularly. I'd take a tetra with me, have it somewhere quickly and then join the others for a coffee. You don't have to justify yourself to them.

Keep it up you are doing really well.

BTW Asa - fantastic wi for you :D

Glad your first day went well. I used to be a systems developer but now I'm a business analyst, so I went from one side of the business to the other - I'm now on the client side of things. Strange to see it all from a different point of view.

Quite a few people at work are telling me I'm looking eally well although not really anybody has noticed I've lost weight. That is quite good though as it shows they don't examine everybody to see what size they are.

Yes - I've been told that a lot recently - I think all the water we've been drinking is good for the skin and gives us a translucence... plus the clothes are hanging better...

I can't wait for someone to say to me... "Have you lost weight?"... I'll be over the moon!

I'm like you Lynda. I'm still wearing mostly the same clothes but they are just fitting so much better without a big spare tyre over my jeans etc. What's really exciting for me now is that I'm about to start getting ok size wise. I'm 11st 11lb this morning which is too fat for my height but I don't think it's too bad. My son said he noticed a huge difference in me and he's not the best for the old compliments. He said I look normal now and not like a fat person anymore. It seems like the dream could possibly become a reality now and I've not believed that for years- I'm still a bit unsure though if it will stop working or if I will blow it. Does anyone else feel like that?

Aww - thanks everyone! Your words and lovely support mean so much. I'd love a big hug Witchy! How Broxi's summed it up is just about how I'm feeling - like its all just too good to be true. I know that CD works cos I've seen the weight losses (mine included) but its really slowing down now and I've just had that horrible sinking feeling that its all grinding to a halt. Its really frightening. My logical mind tells me that you can't consume 415 cals a day and NOT lose weight but my past history with diets has knocked the confidence right out of me. Also, I'm on a 3 day computing course on Friday, Saturday and Sunday which means I'll miss my weigh-in and thats naffing me off cos I need to see the losses. I'm planning on staying on ss while I'm away. God knows how I'm going to do it but I'm determined not to give in. I think its going to involve a lot of tetrabriks being slurped in toilet cubicles (eeuuwww!). Hope I can do it cos I don't want to come off ss - that would really crack me up at the moment!! I'll probably feel better tomorrow as you say but this downer is horrible and I DON'T want to feel horrible!
ps - You're a fantastic bunch and I'm so glad I found this forum and Butterflies in particular. xxxxxx

Hey Iamlovely, Do diets stop working with you? That's what always happens to me but I don't think it can on this. You have got to get through these days at course. You MUST. Do whatever it takes. You would feel dreadful if you don't and think how much weight you can lose in 3 days , or worse, put on. My weight loss seems to be slowing too but it doesn't actually matter as long as it's going down. I used to start diets and write in targets in my phone. I'd break my diet and forget it and then come across it when I was maybe three stone heavier and I used to just think, why did I not just do it then. We can and will do this together! xxx

Yes - they do seem to stop working for me Broxi. Or is it just that I seem to stop working at THEM. I just get so frustrated with myself cos I get tempted to all sorts of lovely food and slip off the straight and narrow. Isnt it strange how you can want something so badly but a few seconds of weakness can make your determination disappear. Thats why I've gone for CD - just to get me right away from food cos I don't feel I'm to be trusted round it. The psychological effects of constantly failing just make me want to eat more and thats just mad!

No I keep at them but I stop losing weight. I don't know whether my metabolism gets used to diet or what but I honestly don't cheat until after months of not losing and then I just throw the towel in and eat everything!

Back