ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Dear Broxi,

I've only just found this thread and been skipping through it and found your last post.:hug99: Poor you, this lack of weight loss must be so upsetting and puzzling too. Have you asked KD about it? She's so knowledgable, it might be worth a try.
You've been so kind in supporting me I'd like to do the same for you if I can.
Surely you must lose weight if you are following CD properly? Even if your body is holding onto everything, it just can't for long. I'm sure that some people do plateau and then drop some weight in an uneven pattern. I even put 1lb on, and I was doing the diet properly then.
What does your CD say?
Thinking of you, don't give up, I hope it all works out for you.
Bess x

Thanks Louielou and Bess for your concern. KD told me the weight must come off eventually. My cdc just thinks I've cheated which I haven't. I will stick to this till Tues to see if I lose any weight and if I do I'm convinced to keep going. It's just too hard though to do CD without losing - on my mind and emotions. I suppose it must be right that scientifically I have to lose weight it's just I don't believe it just now because this has happened to me so much. I'll see how it goes on Tues. Realistically on holiday I wouldn't be sticking to SS anyway- maybe a higher version. So I'll stick to SS 100% till Tues and after I come back I'll give it another go if I can. But I really appreciate your support so much. xxx

Morning ladies

Willing those scales for your Broxi. I was a bit shaky last night, not bad, but just slightly.

Jumped on scales this morning, thought it might have had an adverse affect, but no change, so fingers crossed for my WI tomorrow. I find my night shifts every other weekend hard, although I do sleep while i'm there as we have a carer's room, i'm still sitting there knowing that in the fridge, is lots of goodies.. So, very hard. I put my choc tetra in last night, ready for this morning, and I must have gone to the fridge at last 5 times, with a thought to have it last night. There is always a huge supply of iced water, so I made the most of that.

Got home this morn and have had to put heating on, its chilly in Essex today, so will get my joggers on, to do my packing and cleaning today. Have my youngest daughter coming over this morning to help with some packing too, so will be nice to see her.

Asa, enjoy your shopping today with your own personal shopper, lol.. lucky you. xx

Hi Butteflies,

I hope you are all doing well and ready fo a good weekend.

I've got a bit of problem. I'm still 11st 10lbs and have been for about 2 weeks. I have not got below this at all. Some days I'm 11st 11lbs and some 11st 10lbs. Now people say I shouldn't weigh every day and maybe they're right but it would be even worse for me not knowing and then getting such a huge disappointment. Right the real problem is for some reason my body seems to be wise to CD as has happened on all other diets - I lose weight initially fine and then, all of a sudden it completely stops working for me. I can usually stick to them for a good few months but still lose nothing. I wont be able to do this with CD as the cost on my emotions is too great. I actually think I'm beginning to get proper depression due to this diet and not losing. So in all honesty, I don't think I can continue. My next official wi is Tues and I will give it till then. It is too hard on me without the weight loss. I am also going on holiday the 29th so wouldn't be doing it right then anyway. Anyway, the really awful thing for me is that I will just have to resign myself to being fat forever; that is killing me. I was given a hope with CD but now I feel as though that has gone. Anyway, I know I am being awful but that's how it is for me just now- my personality and everything has changed. I'll keep going until Tues and then re-evaluate then but I know in my heart of hearts I can't do this if I'm not losing weight.

Sorry to be so absolutely ultra negative but I just wanted to let you Butterflies what was happening with me. xxxxx

Broxi.. really sorry to hear you are struggling. I know I've said it before, but maybe going up the plan anyway, will help. You have your hols end of next week, so why don't you try to do ss+ from Tues til then? You'll be better off with going away, as you'll at least be able to eat a small meal. Don't loose heart, I've read so many posts on here and the STS weeks, do edge out and even 2 or 3 weeks STS, you'll get that loss. As I said in my earlier post, am willing those scales for you hunni. Lots of love. xxx

Good morning Broxi!!

I am very sorry this is happening to you!!! I know I am going to measuring inches when I don't loose anything - as a way to keep me going!

This diet is tough for everyone, and especially for you at the moment!

You must do what is best for you, and your life!!! I know people that various people have said that it will come off, which I believe - and I suppose until you see the shift in the scales it is hard to believe, and doesn't really comfort you at the momoment!

Sending you hugs babe!!

Bxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nikki - didn't you do well to resist the food in the fridge!! Well done! I hope you are smiling about your resolve today!!

Bxxxxxxxxxxx

I am treating myself to a facial today - I always find the weekend hard, so I am trying to come up with a plan today. I plan to watch a DVD tonight - maybe the new James Bond movie. I might feel like having a sleep after my faical, if not I am going to do a bit of gardening.......

I am loving the bars........ I have eaten one every night since my WI. It feels like eating chocolate!!

I feel quite lonely today.......

Nikki - didn't you do well to resist the food in the fridge!! Well done! I hope you are smiling about your resolve today!!

Bxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks LadyB. I did wobble a bit, but only slightly and not so it would have made any difference. I wish they had lots of healthy food in there, but its not.. its all junk and packaged foods that have so many additives. might ask if I can do the shopping for the weekend myself, so I know that the lad I care for gets fresh cooked food anyway. xxx

Nikki - a wobble is nothing!! I would have been out shopping today to refill the fridge, cause I would have stuffed my face with it all!!! heeee haaaa!

Oh - I thought he may have picked it - and yes I defo think you need to get some fresh goodness into him!! I am sure there has been enough research into food and the ability of the child to concentrate!!!

Well done again! xx

I am treating myself to a facial today - I always find the weekend hard, so I am trying to come up with a plan today. I plan to watch a DVD tonight - maybe the new James Bond movie. I might feel like having a sleep after my faical, if not I am going to do a bit of gardening.......

I am loving the bars........ I have eaten one every night since my WI. It feels like eating chocolate!!

I feel quite lonely today.......

Ohh LadyB.. Why not take yourself out for a walk before your gardening, then your dvd, then your facial.. it will help you to be distracted.. Look forward to your WI and have a good flick through some mags to look at what you will buy yourself. I always find that helps me to feel better.. Pls don't feel lonely, we are all here today and I'm sure one of us will keep posting throughout the day. Lots of hugs hunni. xxx

hello, everyone,
broxi i feel for you sooo much, wish i could give you a big hug, i know nothing anyone says is gonna help, only the scales moving.
but try some more water, i didnt get enough down yesterday and i didnt get that 5th lb, so 4lb this week for me. i am doing my posotive for you. i am willing 2-3 lb for you by tuesday broxi. lets get you 11lst 7lb before your hols, i'll do the willing, you drink at least 3lt of water a day, more if poss, no coke zero or fizzy water, just to see if it helps. 3 days of drinking loads of water. and i will keep saying
"broxi 11.7, broxi 11.7" over and over xxxxxx

hope everyone else is doing well, fathers day tomorrow, who is going out for lunch, matt was really thoughtful and said we'll have day out instead, so taking him to see terminator 4 and his daughter is coming then shes gonna cook for him, with my help. but better than sitting in a busy reastaurant x

Hello,

Can I join you please? I'd like to be a butterfly too, even though I've only just crawled out of my self imposed chrysalis after much support from minimins friends.
I definately need help to see this through to the end and am very happy to give encouragement where I can. I won't be able to read or post everyday tho'. -Work commitments- will that still be ok?

Claira.. I'm popping to my dad's in the morn to give him his cashews what he wanted, bought a huge jar for him, so will keep him full for a while (lucky thing). They are off to my sisters in Woburn, so won't stay long and I've got my WI at 9am first, so it'll be either a happy or annoying day i think. xxxx

good luck with weigh in nikki, xxx
welcome bess, it will be good to have someone on board who has come so far, xxx

Welcome Bess!!! I look forward to reading your posts, and getting motivation from how far you have come!!

Nikki - good luck for WI tomorrow!! I took your advise, and feel much happier now! I really enjoyed my facial and massage... I have a stack of magazines to read - and I brought myself some roses......

Claira - how are you today??

Where is everyone else?? lol!! I hope you are all smiling!

Bx

Ooohh I like flowers full stop LadyB. I have to tell my BF to buy them for me, he's not a romantic (though I wish he was). Nice to com in and smell them as soon as you come through front door and they just give off that happy vibe don't they?

I've been taking down my hi-fi and speakers, boxed them up for my daughter who's having them (and loads more furniture). Spoke to her earlier, how weird is this.. I asked her what names she was thinking about for her baby as I have been thinking too, lol.. although it'll not be my decision to make, but still nice.. She said Maisey for a girl, OMG, I dreamt of her baby last night, called Maisey! Maybe its mum's intuition, we are alike anyway..

Need to iron lots of my clothes that I've had folded up in a pile for weeks (not worn), so I can take them over to my BF's on way to work later, and put in wardrobe. Thats the most packing I have , the blooming clothes, lol.. Although I do need to do some harsh chucking out, but will do that when I get there next week.

LadyB, glad you feel better now. Make the most of that "me" time, we spend so long rushing around in the week, doing things for others, sometimes its just nice to look after no 1. xxx

Hi all,my weigh ins are Saturday so went today and have lost 6lbs in 5 days-Im a very happy girly,hope you are all having a fab weekend.

xx

Back