ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Do you know what I think is wrong with this diet - or the way I have been reacting to it! I have not had a life while on CD. Nikki said there that it rocks our world or shakes it. But that's exactly what I have been letting it do. I have been obsessed with it and my weight loss. Normally I'm sociable but I haven't been. It's like my life has been on hold while I'm on this. I think that's why the cost on my emotions has been so huge. I've been crying all the time and the overwhelming feeling of disappointment when the scales don't move is a killer. I NEED to start putting this into perspective or my mental health is going to be affected. Does anybody else feel the same?

It was a brilliant experience Broxi, totally agree with your Husband. We are going to keep Bruno if he pulls through as I helped him into the world. I am hoping Jessie's instinct will kick in when the next litter arrives in the next few day's . The vet says they can sense if the Kitten is poorly and in Bruno's case prem and was just doing her duty-being cruel to be kind as on her own she wouldn't have been able to feed him as he couldn't suckle. Fingers crossed, I will be totally gutted if he doesn't make it. Zoe xx

Broxi, I totally understand. At first I thought I can't go there can't eat, can't do that can't eat no point. But the second week I thought it's not just about food it's the social side too and living. So I totally through myself into life and have done bbq's, meal's out (not eating myself though) wedding's and party's etc and have realised I don't need to eat to enjoy myself.

Chuck yourself in the deep end hun and live life to the full don't put it on hold any longer, we have all done that long enough because of eating food so don't let it still do the same. Enjoy. Zoe xx

Broxi, I do think that its part of our lifes and at times, we really obsess with losses, that we get too hung up on it. But at the end of the day, look what we have lost? I think to turn it on its head:
  • no more weighing daily (that will be hard)
  • The CD needs to be a habbit rather then a hindrence
  • To be glad about what we have around us and to enjoy that.

Well that sounds better Zoe, cos the vet and you will be able to feed him- it's funny how she knew she couldn't feed him isn't it? My cat was the best wee mum ever and then when it was time for them to leave she just starting ignoring them and fighting with them- it was as if she knew she'd done her bit and they didn't need her anymore and she didn't even seem to like them after that. Weird.

Yes you're both so right. CD does need to be a way of life but I honestly find it hard to function normally without eating. I know this is pathetic but I don't like going places without eating! I also know I will NEED to sort this out as that's the reason I'm fat. Eg. I'm meeting my mum today and we usually go for lunch but today we are just going for coffee - well in all honesty I don't really like doing that and would just as soon not go cos I feel like I'm missing out when I do that! I know I must still be such a food addict. Does anybody else feel like that? I think what I actually need to do now is start going back to the gym and get into that and make that my life like I did when I stopped smoking. I must have an addictive personality that needs to replace one addiction with another.

Yes it is dedication and even although I was depressed cos the weight wasn't coming off I still find CD really hard on my emotions even when I was losing.

I don't know about you lot but when I eat I find it hard to control how much and that is my problem. That's why I was reluctant to do SS+ or 810. I can control what I eat (usually) but find it difficult to control how much. My husband says I eat Jabba the Hut dinners!

Asa, I've not posted that yet cos busy at work but I will definitely do it this week! x

I am a 24/7 grazer.... Well actually thats not entirely true, if I am on a'binge' which can last a weekend or weeks, I try and eat as little as possible til about 4pm & then spend the entire time eating & picking, never allowing myslef to feel full up until I am obviously overfull! I am 100% an emotional eater & must must must must must do something to STOP this - I just dont know what yet?!?!?!?

Thats why these next 18wks pack dedicated whether its SS/SS+/890 I HAVE to get to the bottom of this emotional B@llsh1t!

Anyway Nikki and Zoe, I'm off to get showered and ready. Good luck with the rest of your packing Nikki (I'm stressed about mine for hols! don't know how you're managing!) Have a great day, will come back on tonight xxx

Yes you're both so right. CD does need to be a way of life but I honestly find it hard to function normally without eating. I know this is pathetic but I don't like going places without eating! I also know I will NEED to sort this out as that's the reason I'm fat. Eg. I'm meeting my mum today and we usually go for lunch but today we are just going for coffee - well in all honesty I don't really like doing that and would just as soon not go cos I feel like I'm missing out when I do that! I know I must still be such a food addict. Does anybody else feel like that? I think what I actually need to do now is start going back to the gym and get into that and make that my life like I did when I stopped smoking. I must have an addictive personality that needs to replace one addiction with another.

Mirrors a lot of my life B, but I cannot go to the gym, a) funds (single parent) b)work 10hrs a day + 2hrs travelling - both of which may sound like excuses but really arent, I love aerobic classes but just cant justify them. When I've lost a couple of stone I am going to take up walking, proper walking on a Sun xx

Yes Clare, me too. I don't graze, just eat huge portions. But I need to get to bottom of it too. I'm reading lots of books about it and I might try hypnosis or something.
Anyway, I'm off just now, see you all later xxx

Broxi. I've cancelled eve's out before this diet as i hated the way I looked. I have more confidence now, but the lunch outings I steer well clear of. On ss+ you can have an iced coffee, shot of espresso and skimmed milk with lots of crushed ice. So you'll be able to enjoy the coffee time experience and embrace the extra's you can have as well as you go up plans. I really think that your hols will b worth its weight in gold to you and you'll be back refreshed and would have had that new lease of life again. I think I need to shift from the 200's down and also get out of the 14 stone bracket, thats driving me mad! x

If you pm me your address I'll send you walking DVD that you do in your living room if you can't get out cos you're single parent. I've also started pilates dvds as too unfit yet to do anything tlike that at gym. Right I'm defo away now xxx

Yes Clare, me too. I don't graze, just eat huge portions. But I need to get to bottom of it too. I'm reading lots of books about it and I might try hypnosis or something.
Anyway, I'm off just now, see you all later xxx

:wavey:catch u later xx xx

Hi Broxi, that's how I got to the weight I am now. Food became my life and nothing felt worth doing unless it was gonna envolve food. If we went shopping the highlight was lunch, if we went on holiday the best bit was food, if it was a wedding or party it was the buffet lol.

Now my thoughts are the food will still be there when I have lost the weight and the highlights for any of these occasions at the moment is how bloody good I am gonna feel when I do all these things when I am slim. When i go shopping the highlight will be trying on all the clothes I couldn't before, weddings and party's will be how good I look and feel about myself and most of all remembering how crap I feel about myself when I am fat.

It's very hard Broxi and I think it definatley is a very personnel thing to get your head round and I wish you the best of luck finding that place but it will only be in your own time. Zoe xx

Broxi. I've cancelled eve's out before this diet as i hated the way I looked............

I I think I need to shift from the 200's down and also get out of the 14 stone bracket, thats driving me mad! x

OH YES! TOTALLY WITH YOU HUN ON ALL COMMENTS BUT PARTICULARLY THESE 2!
xx xx xx​

Yes it is dedication and even although I was depressed cos the weight wasn't coming off I still find CD really hard on my emotions even when I was losing.

I don't know about you lot but when I eat I find it hard to control how much and that is my problem. That's why I was reluctant to do SS+ or 810. I can control what I eat (usually) but find it difficult to control how much. My husband says I eat Jabba the Hut dinners!

Asa, I've not posted that yet cos busy at work but I will definitely do it this week! x

Im exactly the same and I know I cant do this till tomorrow when im on my own I cant start again with all these lots today, tomorrow im on my own and week days are easier, soooo will back to normal tomorrow and no more off the wagon, ive hated this week for not been able to stick to it, which puts me even deeper in a down mood. I need my happy place again on CD haha.

Asa. still gained hunni. I had put on 7lb, after my last WI, which I read on my scales on Monday, so have got 6 of it off, but still +1. No big deal, lol.. We have to look at it like that don't we? I'm sure you'll be fine Asa, just ss it til WI and if you do gain a lb, then it'll be off plus more next week. xxxx

Yes, I knew that this 6 lb was from that original 7 lb, but it is still a great loss :D. Yes, I'll do shakes today, and WI first thing in the morning, drinking water like crazy as well, haha, don't know if that will be a difference :). Take care!

........... I'm off for a toffee & walnut mousse & a coffee - feels like sinning but I really think the packs are totally delicious! Yummmmmmmmmmm xx xx

Back