ButtErFlies-In It To Win It

Clare, stick to one set of scales hun as it gets you down. Like you say a loss is a loss and if you have lost on the scales you started with then you must have lost. Start on your new scales once you start your new week. chin up - you are doing fab xxx.

Broxi, great to have you back, now I am gonna be harsh lol-say NO to the carvery as there will always be temptation infront of you but cd won't be forever and the quicker it starts today the quicker you will be a skinny bean lol. Be strong, you can do it. :gen126:

Me again, I was talking to Hubby last night about my weight loss and how I can do things I havn't done since I was slimmer and theme parks is one the things I have missed since putting on weight-I am a big kid lol.

Well anyway I am going to be slim enough this year to go Chessington World of Adventures for the fright Night at the end of October. I can't wait- It's great how cd is changing my life already and it's just going to get better and better. Also going to go to Go ape for my Birthday in November and Cypress next year for hols. Before all plans would have revolved around food-the only thing I ever looked forward to as everything else was out the window.

It's funny how easy it is to become so stuck in a rutt with food and habbits. Sorry to ramble just so excited :eek:

Evening girlies,

It must be a day for shoddy motivation. deviated BIG time with erm 3 atkins bars today. And ended up in Sainsburys staring at the big cookie packs in the bakery section. Like a dog salivating. I kid you not! I must have stood there for a good five minutes before going off to buy milk. What the f?????

I think it was going to the hairdressers that sent me mad. 4 1/2 hrs!!!! Someone had mucked up the bookings. I hate hairdressers at the best of times. All that staring at yourself, talk about going out, and millions upon millions of shoddy celebrity magazines. I swear it is right up there with chinese water torture and sleep deprivation for me. Sends me barking!

I'm struggling girls. I don't know whether it is because I go on holiday in 6 days and will be eating while away, or because I am close to goal (9lbs) or just plain and simple boredom. But this isn't like me! I still have my same old wants, desires and resolution as a background track but today there is a loudspeaker screaming the worst obsenities that amount to stuff it, enjoy!!!!

Ah.

Just realised after ranting and babbling, that I've been organising some scary hospital stuff for pa, plus told someone about my fiance as well, and why I didn't ride bikes anymore today. Plus trying to organise hols stuff and a little bit scared of going on ownsome.

The old baddies. Sadness, grief, boredom (hairdressers) and a wee bit of fear.
= food. Duuuuuuuh.

Apologies for selfish ranting. Just realised what's going on. It must the be writing it down that helps. Will go away and drink water and then come back and respond properly to all the interesting stuff you posted today xxx

Hi Contrary, rant away hun, better out than in. I think if I knew I was going on hols and only 9lb away from goal I would be feeling the same. You will have a great time on hols, just enjoy and get your head back in the right place when you come back. xx

i wanted to go to go ape in wales for my b day but no one wanted to go, it looks great fun, xxx

First: What's go ape??

Contrary; your reactions and feelings are more than going on hols and being 9lbs from goal.... Your family life is in turmoil at the moment with Pa being so ill. I'm not sure about the other things you mentioned fiance/bikes, but I'm sure that these too are playing on your mind......:confused:

You need to deal with these difficult emotions without turning to our old friend food. :( Coming on here and ranting about it is a really good way to start:) because if you turn to food you will only create another stress in your already stressful life at the moment. We are all here to listen and empathise with you no matter what you are going through... Tell that devil on your shoulder to SHUT THE HELL UP!! CD is the one part of your life that you DO have control over at the moment. I'm sooo looking forward to seeing your goal weight piccies and some really great holiday snaps as well.

Like I always say to my clients.... you always can't control what happens to you, but you CAN control your reactions!

Zoe... theme parks! I just love 'em!!! Love Alton Towers at Halloween as they 'haunt' the park and parts of the stately home too... very authentic and scary in the dark... practically sh!t myself last year when a chap came, silently out of the shadows behind me and tapped me on the shoulder!!!
Cyprus sounds gorgeous, one of the few places that we haven't been to yet, but it's defo on my list... all that history... I just love tramping around ruins!

This is it.... Same thing goes from me, but need to ask if they're weighing a stone more than your CDC's scales too??? ~If they are then they may be inaccurate.... do you have a big bag of spuds to weigh to check them?

Today I have the EC washing and ironing mountain to content with, and I really ought to start packing for my trip!
I've been having a bit of an ebay fest this morning and have bid on loads of size 14 clothes for my next weight loss phase! Only things less than £5 though!

My sister has challenged me to drink more water this week as I still HATE it, but, on 810 she's adamant that it's even more important to keep the losses coming! So far this week... I've STS:rolleyes: partly because I retain a little at the end of TOM and partly because I've not been drinking as much as I did during my water challenge.

Ok... Now I've wittered on... sorry if I've sent anyone to sleep!!

Morning Ali, You've woken me up! I love to listen to people's witter and their thought processes as they come tumbling out.

Alton Towers at Halloween sounds incredible. I think my sister would adore it as she was a big fan of disney land halloween time and every year finds it depressing that us brits fail to celebrate it much! Ebaying all good and very sensible. And nice to see a pile of clothes ready and waiting for you to step into. I think even virtual shopping is a great motivator. The clothes make a HUGE difference to my motivation because they are one of the big things I have missed out on over the years.

Interesting about the water being even more important on 810. I'd have expected it to be less so. Must drink more!

Emotions and food. As soon as I was mid scribble to you guys I realised what was going on. Interesting that it takes that long still to 'click' though. I must have spent years and years burying my feelings. Very hard to identify them. I hope there is a way of speeding up this process. And that maybe the more you do it, the easier and quicker it becomes.

I didn't go back to the sainburys for the cookies or owt else. But it wasn't a great day. Those bars and 2 extra packs. Today I hope to do extra well to try and make up for it. Have a good one everyone! x

Morning all,
well I succumbed last night BUT today is it! Definitely! I am officially starting today. And yesterday had low carb meal and CD during day.

Claira, you're skinny now anyway!

Food is weird; it is like heroin or something. I love it, crave it etc but it makes me feel c**p. I know people say food should not be the enemy but it is for me. This is actually the main thing I loved about CD was the hunger, don't get me wrong, I hated, despised the cravings but the actual hunger feels so much better than that heavy bloated exhausted lethargic stuffed feeling I have after I eat too much which is almost always everytime I eat.

I have 3 stone to lose. How long will it take?

Well done Contrary for being 9lbs off goal. That's fantastic but it must be hard because you'll not be fat now so you wont have the ressure to diet so much. That's what happened to me and I'm nowhere near goal but when I felt a bit thinner I became comfortable with myself. Go for it anyway. 2 more weeks and you'll have done it! How much have you lost altogether?

Hi everyone!

Sorry to hear you are still struggling Claira! Did you try contrarytintagels advice? There is also a "walk" that you can do to get things going. Squat down, so your butt is almost on the floor, walk forward (your knees up at your chin), try to keep the balance. Well done on your inch loss by the way! That reminded me about measuring myself. Get back on that one!

Great to have you back Broxi! What is "Carvery"? You will do great with CD! Just take one day at the time. I know it is such a phrase. But it do help me. I have no been thinking too far ahead, and find I am struggling because it is soo long left. I will try to think "What can I do TODAY to reach for my goal" everyday.

This-is-it, sorry your scales are so different, it is never nice to see. Just stick to the new scale, and adjust your starting weight, so you accurate weight loss can show!

Zoe, 71 lbs gone and you will be cold for sure :D. I can't get over how well you have done! That is amazing! Thanks for sharing your thoughts on what is different now then before, and how your thinking and wanting to do fun stuff has changed. I think that is the key to long lasting results!

Alipalli, bet you are getting excited about your trip to your husband! Please let us know how he reacted, I am curious :D.

Contrarytintagel, sorry you are struggling! I always do too when I have a break/hol coming up. And you have so much going on right now with your dad, it is understandable that you reach for the "cure" for hard things. I know I always do/did. I haven't quite come up with the solution... But you are doing so great! And you have come so far! I love your posts like this. And how it is a great way for you to realize things. It is very good to write the thinking down. And it gave me things to think about in my own life as well. Where are you going on hols by the way? I forgot. I also buried my feelings with food for many years. When doing CD they come out all over the place :D, haven't learn to deal with feelings the proper way just yet :D. I love what you wrote about the hairdressers by the way :D, it is the same deal here! But this one I go to now we have some things to talk about. But sometimes I just want to sit quiet. The magazines are very much unread too :D.

Wow, better cut this post off now, there are limitations to number of words right, haha.

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Broxi - welcome back babe! You will do well today I am sure of it. The slimmer I get, the easier it is to deal with food, as I am starting to feel so good about myself and I know that a meal isn't going to give me the same feeling. I am sure you will feel the same as the 3 stone slip away. I also think the hunger becomes a comforting feeling on this diet! It shouldn't take you more than 3 months (which isn't long at all......) and you will at goal by Christmas - imagine that!!!! And you can go an celebrate in the January sales!

Contrary - my gosh you are beautiful!!! (I have just added you as a friend on facebook) You have wonderful eyes!!! Thanks for sharing your feelings with us - the diet is hard, and I think it does get harder when you are nearly at goal. You will get there hun!!! I really loved what Alli had to say - your old relationship with food and comfort eating has ended, so don't listen to your cravings!!! Focus on clothes and dating!!!!!! I have totally understood that weight was my barrier to men!!!! As soon as I get down to 10stone I am going dating babe!!! How is it going with that man you dated???

Alli - how are you today. I love your posts, and in no way did it send me to sleep!! ha ha!! I have lots of clothes to sell on ebay...... I sorted my wardrobe out again yesterday, and now have very very few items that fit - but a single bed piled high of clothes to sell! I am starting to understand my other addiction - shopping!!! ha ha! I don't drink as much water as I used to either! I think it is harder on the 810, as we can have our lovely cup of tea!!! I have a litre bottle of water so I can measure how much I drink. I aim to try and do 2 litres before 6pm - I say aim.......... ha ha!!

Clare - sorry to hear about the scales....... don't let it put you off though! I have my own set at home, and when my CDC has weighed me, I rush home and weigh myself on mine - then write it down so I can monitor the difference (mine are 2lbs more) and see how I loose over the week.

Zoe - wow, treating yourself to a theme park is great!! It is so great when you can fit into those tiny seats!! I guess flying will be the next one. I am finding that getting out of the back of a 3 door car is no longer makes me go red with shame!! ha ha! My hips actually fit through the gap!!! ha ha!

Claria - 51 inches - that is just amazing!!! Have you tried the old tape measure trick - where you put it to what size you did used to be - and then just look at the massive gap???? It will be hard to believe that you waist was 49 1/2 inches! Have you had any movement yet?? Also have you had your interview??? My CDC is still waiting for my application to come through - I am so excited about it all!! Contrary, you and I - all CDC's together!!! I so can't wait to help other people on their journey!

Barbara - how are you getting on this weekend?

Active Asa – what exercise are you doing this weekend?? Are you on facebook?

Phew - that was a long post - luckily I copied it before I posted, as it kicked me out!! ha ha

I lost 2lbs yesterday....... so I am now 10 stone 13lbs!!! I haven't been in the 10s for maybe 8 years!!! I am so happy!!!

However - I do really need to sell some clothes, as I really have nothing left to wear......... It is the funny things I forget about - like buying pants!! and pj bottoms.......dressing gowns and I will have to buy a new winter coat ha ha! I am also wondering if my feet are a size smaller - but I have always been a size 5!!

Right I am off to sort out my clothes for sale - as I need to get all the summer items on e-bay!

Now on to some rambling about my weight... Yesterday I had only 0,4 kg left to get under BMI 30. By then I put on 0,4 kg for two days in a row. I have been having a meal a day for a week now, maybe it is catching up? I thought it was working?

Or, I haven't been as good with the water as I was on the water challenge?

Or my TOTM is due any day now.

Or, I got carried away with the meal thing. Instead of a very restricted portion like in the beginning of the week. I had a full meal yesterday (since I was away), and even a glass of wine.

I think the last "or" is what I need to focus the most on. I think it is very hard to do this meal thing and not get carried away, even if it is just a little bit extra every time! I used to be an all-or-nothing girl. And SS suited me in that way. But I don't want to do SS, and say no to all the social things (read eating things :D). I want to be able to handle the middle road. Where I can still loose weight, eat one meal (a sensible one that will have in the future), and the rest of the meals on CD. Why does it have to be increased every time? I bet this is how an alcoholic would feel!!!

Ok, solutions time. Any thoughts and ideas?

Haha, active Asa is actually doing her second aerobic class for the week this afternoon :D, and then off to a party :D. The fermented herring one, so I have to watch out for the side dishes, that I will be eating off.

Nice to hear from you Bethan! And WOW!!! Your weight loss have been amazing! No wonder you have too many clothes that are too big for you :D. I thought I would wait with my summer clothes, and put them out in May next year. It might be good for the business side of it. On the other hand it would be bad if I had the chance to get into them again, if you know what I mean! It might be better psychologically just to get rid of them? It would also create a clear and fresh start in my wardrobe!

Ah, you all give me so much inspiration! After feeling low after getting on the scales this morning, I now feel full of energy, and wanting to clear out the wardrobe too :D.

Wow ladies so much to respond to!

Looks like the water makes a HUGE difference to our losses - I think we need to kick our arses into touch and get guzzling.

Bethan, Holy Cow the 10s!! The 10s!!! They are my holy grail!!! How does it feel? I think I was early 20s when I was last in the 10s...

Today I had to ask for a size 10 top in... Miss Selfridges. Yes this is the truth. And almost in size 12 bottoms. It always takes me a really long time to go down a size so this is very good news.

Broxi I saw a really good quote about starting over that made me think of you but stupidly forgot to pinch it. Was along the lines of a year from now you'll look back and wish you'd started today. Made me think and drink more water!

Love Asa's constipation walk. I just have visions of us butterflies squat walking, massaging our tummies and gluggling water around our respective regions...

WTG Bethan!!!!

The 10's are also the holy grail for me Contrary!!! Only the last time I was there I was 17! :eek: And that my friends was a long, long time ago!

Asa, a meal a day is not a bad idea per se, but if you are going to do this then you need to be vigilant of your portion sizes... Even a glass of wine now and again isn't going to kill you... so long as it doesn't become every night:rolleyes:
You could try eating only half of what's on your plate as a way of perfecting portion control, esp. when eating out. Restaurant portions have gotten soo big in recent years. Remember social functions are about spending time with friends... food is NOT meant to be the main event... it's merely a side show!

Girls I'm going to ask you a question, I think it will be really great if we could all give our answers, making them as full and complete as possible.... I've been asking this of all of my clients this week, I've had some interesting answers....

Why do you want to be slim(mer)?

You tell me yours and I'll tell you mine!!! A tip... make all of your reasons positive!

I've just had my nail extensions put back on after a 6 month break, it's playing havoc with my typing!

Ok here's mine.

No judgement now!

There are LOTS of reasons. But the biggest one is this. I am now beginning to value myself, I no longer feel guilty and I want to be the healthiest, happiest version of me that I can be. I think I deserve this now.

For me I am much happier slimmer. It is noticeable as soon as the pounds start coming off. Being slim really does make me happy (I know this isn't always the case with people). I am happier when I can wear anything I want to wear and look good in it. When I can lie in the bath and admire myself. When I can walk into a bar and imagine people are thinking, nice arse (I struggle much harder to imagine this when much bigger, although I can on occasion!). I believe our bodies are miraculous, incredible things and I no longer want to be someone who abuses mine by eating my emotions. I want to feed it good stuff and be able to use it well, by running, yoga, climbing, jumping in that go kart, swinging through the trees and yep having copious amounts of great sex. A fit healthy body helps these things along.

In my job I see person after person abusing their bodies and the result of that abuse. I want to be a person who respects mine for the very valuable thing it is. Now I am slimmer I have a stronger back, painfree in fact. Being slimmer is already paying dividends.

And I want lots and lots of photographs of my life. I have maybe three or four of me since I was a child. I want to rectify this and record all my experiences. Looking back on photos of myself as obese gives me no pleasure so eventually I stopped even trying and didn't take any. I have bought my first photograph album. And there are going to be pics of me in it. I sound like a mad egotist but I think these things are important to life and I'm not prepared to carry all my excess weight with me into my 30s as well. No more.

hi girls still binged up.,went to the mall and had a wander, took 2 dulcoease and 2 movocol b4 going, and just had another 2 movocol, did the tummy massage for 1/2 hr last night, lots of wind lol.
anyway whilst at mall got measured boobs down to a 30 hh from jj so getting smaller at last but monday got app with reduction team, cos i still need them alot smaller and want a lift. my knees are getting warm lol.
i also went to next, size 14 black satin top was lovely, didnt buy yet, grey leather jacket going on christmas list sz 16 at mo, and jeans, size 14 loose and 12s still to tight but did up without the need to lie down,
then got some size 12 pjs in la senza, and highly recomend m&s vest and t shirt tops with tummy control, wow held in all my wobbly bits.
but still no pooh ...........

my reason for being slimmer. when i had charlie i made a promise to myself i would not be a fat mum at the school gates and embarrass him.
since then i lost 1 1/2 st with s/w then got depressed and gained 3st 9lb in under a year,
went on hols in march/april saw my auntie and she said i looked i was having another baby, i was diagnosed with fibro mialgia couldnt bend to do my shoe up, had to lift my leg, couldnt sit on the floor with charlie, sex was uncomfortable, could hardly even wipe my own arse...... i knew if i carried on i probably wouldnt be here to see charlie start school, my grandads sister had led her life like mine and died at 32 of a massive heart ache. my whole family were waiting for it to be me.
this is making me really emotional....
i knew only i could change this, for years life had been about me. now it is about charlie. but im not just doing this so he has got a mum, i am becoming happier, i was worried i would loose my bubbliness with my weight, but its coming out stronger. i am so much more confident, i can run up my sisters 3 flights of stairs and not weese. i can stick my heels upto my ears lol...... no comments....
i wanted to be a comfy 12, and im already a very comfy 14, and want to loose 3st from here. so i think id now like to reach a comfy 10 with room for holidays to be a 12. i am already so proud of myself, i keep telling everyone how well ive done. (big head ).
i know i still have a long way to go. but i know i will be here now not only to see charlie start school but hopefully his kids too x
sorry it was so long, but this is all my reasonsxxxxxxxxxx

broxi hi hunny, i have 3st exactly to loose asap im aiming for, 31st nov, 15th dec, at the latest. i reckon we can do it. day one ss want 4lb gone by next sat. we can both do that this week.
unless i stay constipated hehehe. xxx

Back