Butternut squash chips :)

cathcrops

I made butternut squash chips last night, and they were SO tasty I ate the lot :eek:
Some of them were quite slim so were more crisp like.
I was thinking of making some vegetable crisps with butternut squash, beetroot, parsnip and may be carrot too. Thinly slicing or using a peeler, and a quick spritz with 1 cal spray oil.
PV tomorrow, so probably give it a go :)

Last edited:
sounds good I LOVE butternut squash and I eat my own weight of it xx

Ah see I've never had this and am starting to wonder what I'm missing. I do like a range of veg, but there are def some things I hate. Can you tell me what sort of taste this is like, is there another veg you can liken it to. I have an image of marrow/courgette as i think its a similar veg isn't it. I hate both of them LOL, hope its not.

It doesn't really taste like a courgette more like a sweet potato, however I cannot stand sweet potato (far to sweet and strong taste) but I love the squash. Its fab in curries stews, soups as it adds bulk and sweetness, try some you might surprise yourself.

Butternut squash rules! It's more like pumpkin than sweet potato, although similar texture. I can't believe it's allowed as it tastes so carby, but it's only got 2g more carbs than broccoli - win! I've never had the patience to make chips but wedges...yum, yum, triple yum! (Or pigs bum Aw Monica would say!)

I had such a disappointment with the parsnip ones that I'm scared to try these! x

Life's too short to peel a butternut squash!

Oooooo not had butternut squash chips for a while and i love them! Gonna pop to supermarket today and get one! thanks for reminding me x

Tried with bns, parsnip, beetroot and carrot, but looked at them and thought a few more minutes. When I went back they were rather charred :eek: but I scoffed them anyway :D BNS was good, carrot and parsnip needed more fat ideally, and the beetroot was too moist. So bns chips tomorrow as it PV for me -yum yum (PB !!)

will have to try then, am just worried about wasteing money at this time. I love veg crisps, occasionally buy them from aldi, beetroot is the best tastign ones thou LOL

Yeah, I just chop em up and roast em. I've got a pretty brutal knife, think that'll do better than any gadget! You don't even have to scoop out the seeds till they're cooked, although I do cos once they're done I just want to eat them!

Are folk making them into thin crisps then? I love the idea of that but doesn't it take an age to slice them thin enough?

I guess you would have to be pretty nifty with a sharp knife or have a mandolin type slicer. Crisps or chips, they both work for me :D

Back