buying a chest freezer.......

nancynoo

hi everyone
we're getting a chest freezer soon and wondered what recipes we could make in bulk and cook straight from frozen?

i've seen a thread about sw chips (par boiling, open freezing them, bag them up and cook for 30ish mins) saves time cutting and par boiling everytime, just wondered about anything else

has anyone tried making sw kfc chicken in bulk, freezing it and either cooking from frozen or leaving to defrost and then re-heating?

any recipes to save time really even if i make in bulk and take it out the freezer the night before to defrost, how to re-heat etc...

thanks

please help me..... i dread to think what we'd be left to eat if we had the same winter weather as last year and not being able to get to the shops, the same boring dinners everynight or pizza's and chicken nuggets that we have in for the rest of the house

Thinks like chilli, homemade soup, stew, shepherds pie, fish pie can all be frozen. In fact there isn't much that can't be frozen

Is very unlikely with those kinds of foods as long as they are thoroughly heated through.

With things like shepherds pie etc. I make the filling and add the potato topping and then freeze it like that, so it still needs to be cooked in oven when defrosted. Nothing worse than dried out food. There are very little foods you can't freeze.

Back