Buying a dress, need your advice!!

Not overkeen on that one Caroline love.....sorry xxxx

I'm not keen on the pink ruffle one, soz!

I liked it at first, but the more I look at it, the less I like it! At first I thought it wasn't a great photo, but I think it's just not a great dress!

Ok right, my current measurements are..

Bust - 41
Waist - 37
Hips - 46

So let's say 41-37-46, I'll keep them all in that order!

A 16 is, using monsoon and debenhams, 40-32-42

I need a bigger bust don't I!!!

There are 8 weeks left to go until the wedding. So if I work out my average losses, I should be able to see if it'll fit me!

I've done 12 weeks, but had 3 weeks off. So let's say 9 weeks.

I started as 48-45-54, but then, first week is big losses, so if I ignore that it's 46-41.5-53.

So in 8 weeks I've gone from 46-41.5-53 to 41-37-46, so have lost 5 off bust, 4.5 from waist and 7 from hips. If I was to lose the same again I'd be... 36-32.5-39.

Hmmm. I think all I've realised is that I just can't work it out! That's fairly close to a 16 so should be able to do it. I do seem to lose an inch off my hips most weeks, and bust and waist kinda alternate, so would be about right.

Argh I think I should maybe just wait a bit! Only reason I was going to buy something now was there was a sale, but that's not worked out anyway. So I think I'm going to just wait! How confusing is all this?!

BHS have gorgeous dresses, Sophie Gray range!!! I tried one on the other day whilst looking for something for my nephews christening! it was beautiful.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I think you should wait until nearer the time. Think how fantastic you will feel being in an actual shop trying on an actual 16 rather than ordering it off the net!

Hi Caroline,

Do you have a Monsoon anywhere close to you that you could collect from? I've called my nearest in the past, and even if they haven't had what I wanted they've located it for me to go in and collect... in the days before my ass got too big of course :sigh:

The black dress would look fab with a big hat (some good ones in the M&S sale) and strappy killer heels, but the Polly jade one is lovely too and looks as though it would be really good with your colouring.

I spent a small fortune yesterday online in the Next sale, all size 16's and ready for my hol in 10 weeks time. I've still got some way to go, I'm 20/22 currently, but it was lovely to choose things and not be constantly thinking does it make my bum look big... well OK, I don't think that at present either cos I KNOW my bum always looks big, no matter what I wear! :(

Hope you find what you're looking for.

oh no!!! Vicki! you just reminded me....i forgot to log on last night for my Next Sale shopping slot ;-(( Grrrrrrr rubbish memory of mine.

Hope you got loads of lovely stuff!
anni
xxxx

Hi Anni,

I got on at 7pm and it was really slow even then. I heard from a friend that the website crashed later in the evening.

I did get some good stuff... mostly for my OH, but some holiday stuff for me as well. You know the Next sale though, half of it won't turn up anyway :mad:

xxx

Back