Bye bye baby belly

Raring to go today, even after the worst night's sleep I've had in a VERY long time! Yesterday evening, not long after I'd put the baby to bed the alarm went off in his motion sensor meaning he'd not moved (or detectably breathed) for 20 seconds! Well I have never run so fast in my life. I ran upstairs screaming his name and burst into his room, waking him from what was obviously an incredibly deep sleep. He seems none the worse for his ordeal but I have been in pieces over it. I hardly slept and when I did I kept jerking awake thinking I'd heard the alarm again.

But on a brighter note, scales say 3lb off so far this week, with 2 days til WI, which has cheered me up no end :0) Today looks like this:

B: porridge made with water (HeB), berries, FF yog
L: jacket potato with prawns and some kind of creamy sauce, prob FF yog or quark, cherries
D: spinach and mushroom lasagne from this months mag - cheese as HeA
Syns: milk in coffee (2) maybe a curly wurly or a lolly ice later on

Exercise: was supposed to go to zumba but it doesn't finish til 9.30 by which point I suspect I will be asleep so might just go for a run early evening instead.

xx

Today has been good considering how tired I am. Normally I'd reach for chocolate but I've not even thought 'bad thoughts' today. In fact this evening, when I put a double portion of cheese on our cannelloni by mistake, I didnt think 'oh well, who's going to know', I thought 'hmmm, no hot choc for me tonight, never mind' so something seems to be happening here.

Run was good too and a little faster than Sunday too so pleased with my progress there. Have got two forced days off exercise now as hubby is away so can't leave babba. We will have our usual half hour dog walk of course but no running til Thursday. I actually feel a bit sad about that as I've enjoyed it this week.

Food wise, have stuck to the plan easily again. Looking forward to tea which is just cooking and smells lovely. Am nice and hungry now so hope it's nice. Not sure what's on the menu tomorrow but need to keep my wits about me cos when hubby is away I tend to binge quite badly. Am hoping the fact I've had such a positive week and it's the day before WI will keep me on the straight and narrow. Fingers crossed...

xx

Grrrrr just wrote entry only for broadband to crash and it to disappear! Basically feeling food and positive. Food today:

B Porridge with water, berries, FF yog
L Jacket pot win FF cottage cheese
D leftover spinach and mushroom cannelloni
Syns Milk in coffee (1.5) something chocolatey

xx

That should have read feeling 'good' and positive not 'food' and positive. What a slip of the tongue, hope it's not a bad omen! Haha x

The end of the week is here and I think I've done well. I've eaten well, exercised, hardly drank, had a few treats and generally been a model SW'er!

Tonight as treats I've had about 150g of raspberries and a hot choc and feel happy with that. I'm still a bit scared that I'll get on the scales tomorrow and not get the results I'm hoping for but there's no reason why I shouldn't and I just need to focus on that. Anything more than 3lbs will be great so I'm just keeping everything crossed.

Am also pleased that I've managed to avoid a binge today as hubby is away and that's always a tough time for me. It's felt like a long day as me and ds have not had much on but tomorrow should be better as we're really busy with class, mum and baby group and a meet up with friends, and about this time tomorrow he'll be back :0)

xx

Am lying in bed unable to sleep and I reaaaaallllllyyyy want to eat. have convinced myself I'm going to have gained tomorrow. Need to get a grip xx

OMG I have pre-WI fear. I am so scared and feel really nervous. Aaaaargggggghhhhhh :(

Today looks like this foodwise:

B: 2x alpen light after WI (hexb)
S: cherries, activia FF
L: last bit of cannelloni, salad (hexa) has been nice but getting a bit bored now
S: 2x thorntons mini caramel squares when mummy friends come round for coffee (9 Syns) mugshot if needed
D: tuna, pasta and veggies, sf jelly with raspberries
Syns: milk in coffee (2)

Total Syns: 11

Will report back on WI later xx

So, well I only went and lost 5lbs!!!! I know first week losses are always high but I am very chuffed with that indeed.

Would live to get my half stone next week so 2lbs is the aim this week.

xx

Thanks kirstabubble, am really chuffed :)

Today has been another guddun, feel like I'm getting boring now! Dont worry, itll never last ;D I've not been that today hungry tbh, but have made myself eat all my meals. In the end the day looked like this:

B: Alpen light after WI (HeB)
L: the last of the bl00dy cannelloni with salad (cheese - HeA), sf jelly with raspberries
S: frozen activia FF, one, I repeat ONE, little thorntons square thingy (4.5 Syns)
D: pasta, tuna, quark, lemon, mushroom, sweetcorn, chilli mixed up thing - not that nice but need to go shopping
S: another jelly, hot choc (3.5) skimmed milk for the day (5) Alpen light (rest of HeB)

Exercise: just half an hour dog walk today. Due to go for run tomorrow but have baaaad knee so will have to see how it feels. Really hope it's better as looking forward to getting out there again.

xx

I'm feeling a bit down this morning cos my knee is still very sore so I really don't think I'll be going for my run later. I feel very frustrated as I felt like I was really getting into it and now I'm being forced to stop. The only difference in my attitude is that usually I'd convince myself that there's no point dieting without doing some exercise and give up til such time as I felt I could run again, but this time I'm looking at things differently. Ok, so maybe I won't lose as much this week but if my food choices are good there's no reason why I can't build on my success from last week. People lose weight without excercise all the time so why shouldn't I?

Today's plan is a bit all over the place as I soooo need to shop and am doing a grand impression of Old Mother Hubbard with my bare cupboards!

B: porridge (HeB) berries, FF yog
L: jacket potato, cottage cheese, salad, sf jelly with raspberries
S: activia FF, cherries
D: this is where the food runs out so not sure. Hopefully will be able to go tesco and stock up so will have my pick!

E: going swimming with babe this morning but that's not really exercise! Half hour dog walk later

Am thinking of buying a 12 week passport thingy but I'm scared I won't stock with it and it'll be a waste (and hubby will be annoyed). I feel committed at the minute but I know that's easy in the first few weeks and, let's face it, if I could stick to a die, I wouldn't be here in the first place!p

xx

Thank you CJ, I am really pleased. Have been good since WI too so hoping for a good loss next week too.

Today has been hectic to say the least. Me and ds were at swimming this morning, then home for lunch, out to tesco, bs k for tea, then bath and bed (baby, not me, although... ;)). Since then I've made Ginger and prawn cakes, SW wedges, speedy soup, fruit roulade and no syn lemon curd! Am knackered.

Knee is still bad so no run - am on ibuprofen so fingers crossed for tomorrow.

Today's food has looked like this:

B: porridge (HeB), berries, FF yog
L: mug shot, sf jelly and raspberries, cherries
S: activia FF, a few bits of baby's mango, melon and pineapple fingers
D: prawn and Ginger cakes, SW wedges, huge salad, slice of fruit roulade, 2x large wine (16 Syns - I know but I can't just have 1 glass)
HeA - milk in coffee

xx

Grrrrr, stupid scales say I've put on half a pound since WI. I know I shouldn't get on between class but I do most mornings and am not happy with this mornings figure! I know it's most likely water retention caused by last night's wine, but even so! It's takeaway night tonight too so that's not going to help the bloat. Grrrrr at my annoying body. Anyway, today looks like this:

S: semi-skimmed latte (1 HeA)
L: super speedy soup, sf jelly with raspberries
S: activia FF, fruit if needed
D: chicken chow mien (9 Syns), fruit roulade

Am going for a run come hell or high water. Leg is actually feeling a lit better so hopefully it'll hold out.

xx

Struggling with the voice in my head today. Knee still bad so no run. Been fine foodwise but have just eaten four mini pork and apple burgers I made for baba (after he'd had his tea - didn't leave him to go hungry) and now I feel bad. All ingredients were SW friendly and they were fried in fry light but for some reason I just feel bad about it. I've had:

B porridge, fruit and FF yog
S black coffee, semi skimmed latte, cucumber sticks
L bowl of speedy soup
S 4 mini pork, apple and spring onion burgers, prob about 100g of extra lean pork mince

I've also had two normal coffees with skimmed milk and that's it. When I see it written down I know it's not that bad but for some reason I feel like I've blown it. I'm not looking forward to my takeaway either as I'm worried it's going to make me feel worse but I can't say anything to my hubby cos he'll thnk I'm mental (which maybe I am????). Feel so fed up :(

xx

I survived last night intact but am still feeling a little wobbly (in many ways!). I just feel a bit out of control at the minute, the house is a tip, my body is a wreck, I'm tired, I never seem to get a minute to myself and I just feel a bit overwhelmed by it all. We are off out again today which means lunch out and another set of hurdles to get over. Plan is:

B: porridge (HeB), berries, ff yog
L: pizza express chicken and goats cheese (HeA) salad, no dressing, croutons, olives, large wine (8 syns)
D: donner kebab fake-away, sw chips, salad, syn free tzatziki, fruit roulade
Syns for coffee (2 syns)

xx

Am so tired tonight, looking forward to an early night very soon indeed! Have had such a busy day, coupled with an early start thanks to Bump who thinks 4am is playtime (it's REALLY not). So food wise I've been good. Lunch ended up being a jacket spud and beans as pizza express was rammed and my wine ended up being a diet coke. So I've just had three voddies, just to make sure I have enough Syns you understand ;0).

I still feel like a total fatty though so am going to be super good tomorrow, lots of speedy soup for me I think!

xx

Scales still aren't showing any loss this week, even though I am sticking to the plan to the letter. I really need to stay away from the scales between classes but I just don't seem to be able to do it :(

Today's menu looks like this:

L: super speedy soup, activia yog
S: skinny latte (HeA)
D: turkey 'roast' dinner with loads of veggies
S: might have a bag of maltesers as fancy some chocky :) (9.5 Syns I think)

We are off out looking for a travel cot and fold up pushchair today for our upcoming holiday to Cornwall. More money to spend!

Got a challenging week coming up as hubby is away for the most of it. Will need to plan, plan, plan to avoid the binge monster. Sigh, will I ever have a normal relationship with food???

xx

I've decided I'm going to have a think about what I really want out of this weight loss experience and set myself some real challenges (apart from the obvious). I have a lot of issues so plenty to work on!

X

Feeling fat and fed up today. I have been looking for a dress to wear to a christening next weeekend and everything looked awful on me :cry:. I have just found a lovely dress on the Next website but it's out of stock in my size :cry::cry::cry:. I am just so fed up of going to events looking and feeling terrible, I want to be able to click my fingers and wake up slim tomorrow please :rolleyes:.

In some ways I suppose today has been good. Normally I'd feel fat and turn to food but this has made me even more determined to stick with SW til I get where I want to be. I can't spend the rest of my life waiting to be happy but doing nothing about it. Isn't there a say that goes something like 'if you do the same thing over and over again, expecting different results, you must be a loon' or something like that :confused: - well that's what I've been doing, but the think I've been doing is eating the wrong stuff and too much of it but expecting to lose weight - now that must make me a loon :D

Anyhoo not sure what the purpose of this post was but I do feel a bit better, even if I still don't have anything to wear next week :rolleyes:

xx

Back