Caffeine withdrawal headache?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by ratty, 2 July 2008 Social URL.

1. ratty

ratty Full Member

I am just starting my second day of SS, and my head is heavy and achey - is this just caffeine withdrawal? I normally would drink two litres or more or diet coke a day, which obviously I'm not anymore!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. clairelesley

clairelesley Fairy Princess to Be

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Probably a combination of caffeine and carb withdrawal then - most people feel grotty to some extent at some time during the first week.
    Take a couple of painkillers, keep up your water intake, and if you can grab a hug and/or a nap all the better!
    :wave_cry:

4. ratty

ratty Full Member

Thanks :) Had some painkillers and drank some more water, I do feel a bit better. I did manage a nap after work yesterday (not something I normally do), but sadly I don't really have time to sleep nevermind nap for the next couple of months!

The hug sounds like a good idea though, always time for that :)

5. Starlit_Cazza

Starlit_Cazza Restart 3/9/2013

Start Weight:
    24st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    6st8lb(26.67%)
    Diet:
    CAMBRIDGE
    Hey, I had a stonking head ache all through day 2, then woke up on day 3 feeling bloody fantastic :D Like you I used to drink 2+ litres of coke/diet coke a day so yeah I think it is significant. But as PP said it is also the last of your carb supplies leaving your body, and your body adjusting to not having a fresh supply to burn :)

Fingers crossed you will be in Ketosis in the next day or 2

6. xSineadx

xSineadx going to do it this time!

Diet:
    Cambridge!! x
    Omg ratty you sound like me!! I've been on SS for about 9 and a half weeks now..i used to drink 6 cans of diet coke a day :O .. really bad!! and then i just cut it out completely.. drink water now!! Give it a few days & you'll feel soo much better for it!! :) xx

7. ratty

ratty Full Member

Well it's the beginning of day three today, and my head still hurts (but not as much as it did yesterday).

Roll on this sense of wellbeing I've heard so much about :rolleyes:

8. diddy

diddy Full Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    ouch! ratty....its got to be caffeine withdrawals 2 litres of coke a day is a serious coke habit lol...and throw in a hanful of carbs = one large headache...drink lots of water and lots of hugs and it WILL get better...ive now started having caffeine free coffee with a choc tetra in they are soo nice....good luck with your weightloss...

Diddy x

9. xowee-shortieox

xowee-shortieox Slowly Shrinking. Yay!!

Start Weight:
    111kg
    Current Weight:
    105kg
    Goal Weight:
    70kg
    Lost(%):
    6kg(5.39%)
    Diet:
    Not Following One
    Ratty, know excalty how you feel.. i used to drink bout the same but normal coke. Im on day 2. and I want coke soooooo bad :(.
    Its just sooooooo goooooooood.
    But Nope Im Sticking to water

10. ratty

ratty Full Member

I'm at the beginning of day four now, and my head feels almost clear and I'm in a good mood

I don't drink coffee at all (the smell makes me ill!), so it's been zero caffeine for me, and I reckon that's me living without it now.

I will miss Diet Coke more than any other thing though. There's something about an ice cold can of DC that is just perfect!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.