Cake/cookie recipes

Lucy_B

Silver Member
Hi everyone.

I love baking and after baking a Bakewell tart... and then eating a Bakewell tart (well some of it) today I realised I need some ww friendly baking recipes.

Any tried and tested ww friendly recipes out there?

Xx

Not yet, but i have just reserved a ww cook book at the library called 'smart baking' so hopefully i can add some recipes soon. Can't wait, i have a real sweet tooth! I have a couple printed from the internet, but not tried any yet!

Maybe if anyone adds recipes, they could add pics if they have them :)

Not yet, but i have just reserved a ww cook book at the library called 'smart baking' so hopefully i can add some recipes soon. Can't wait, i have a real sweet tooth! I have a couple printed from the internet, but not tried any yet!

Maybe if anyone adds recipes, they could add pics if they have them :)

I may have to visit the library too. Love taking cooking books from the library :) I recently took out a vegetarian Indian food book- was so good x

I have my books! yay! i will post tried and tested recipes as and when :)

I made some chocolate fudge today from one of the books. Not really what id call fudge but its not bad works out at 2pp per piece or 5pp for 2 pieces. A bit bitter for me as you use dark chocolate but i think ill have a play around with it and see what i can do. Tomorrows bake off is white choc chip brownies and/or white chocolate and raspberry cake. I havent decided yet. But i will post up my results :)

The fudge is in 'cook smart desserts' book. It has the old points in but easy to convert. I can post up if you want. This bis a pic of my attempt at the dark chocolate one then i tried it with milk chocolate too. WP_000086.jpgWP_000101.jpg

I also made a cake, was going to go for the white choc and raspberry one but forgot to pick up raspberries d'oh. Anyhoo, i decided to make just one layer (recipe is for a sandwich) so i just halved the recipe. Its fairly thin but still nice. For the topping, because i'd made a smaller cake, i opted for white choc buttercream. High in points but worth it! cut the cake into 8 so it came out at 4pp per slice.

WP_000090.jpg WP_000095.jpg

They all look yum!!

If you could please post it up that would be fab! How many portions did it make again?
I want chocolate so badly now haha

Sooo sorry. Had a bad couple of weeks and not been on here much. Heres the recipe for the chocolate fudge. I halved all the recipe when i did it and it made 18 pieces, but i suppose it depends how big a pieces you want!

This recipe makes 36
175g (6oz) golden caster sugar
170g can of evaporated milk (i used the lighter one)
25g (1oz) butter
350g (12oz) dark chocolate (min 70% cocoa solids) broken into pieces. (i only used 100 g in mine and it still tasted quite bitter)
100g (3 1/2oz) white marshmallows (i used the sugar free ones from sainsburys)

1. Spray an 18cm square cake tin with cooking spray
2. In a large, heavy-based saucepan, add the sugar, evaporated milk and butter and bring to the boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a medium and boil gently for 4 minutes, stirring all the time.
3. Add the chocolate and marshmallows to the saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth.
4. Pour into the prepared tin and leave until cold. Refrigerate until firm - about 2 hours. Cut into 36 sqaures.

I also made these biscuits which come out at 1pp each (they are fairly small though)

50g low fat spread (i used the ww one)
25g caster sugar
75g plain flour
1/4tsp vanilla or almon essence

1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/180 degrees/fan oven 160 degrees
2. Cream together the low fat spread and sugar. Stil int he flour and vanilla/almond essence to make a firm dough. (if you have the time, chill the dough for 30 mins before continuing)
3. Divide into 12 portions
4. Take each portion, roll into a ball and then flatten and place on a non stick baking tray.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until pale golden. Leave to cool on a baking tray for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.

im keeping an eye on this thread.....what are the books you have & where did you get them from as very interested.

Back