Calculating syns

Jamcar77

Has anyone ever used the syns calculators on the slimming world website. There is the snackulator which you just put the kcals in to calculate syns and then the other one you put in all the nutritional info. Has anyone ever had 2 completely results? My friend worked out the value of a packet of chipsticks using the one with all the nutritional info and it came out as 1 syn. I said to her that that couldn't be right cos there were 84 cals in the packet and I knew that roughly 20 cals is 1 syn. Turns out they were 4 syns per packet and not 1! I also did it for garlic baguette and there was a massive difference. People could be going so wrong with syns if they don't realise this. Does anyone know why this happens or has anyone else noticed it? Thanks

No there should not be a difference and I can't say I have ever had a problem. Perhaps it was a problem with the information being put in? Can you post the nutritional information and we can try for ourselves?

It was in my friends house so don't have the crisps to hand. Will see later if I can find anything that works out differently in my own house and post info

Are the nutritional values being added as amount per 100gm not per portion or a mix of both??

Am wondering now has she put them in wrong, I checked the garlic bread and its coming out the same lol. Must get the values of her.

Back