Calculus anyone!! LOL

RED

Well...Im sitting here ripping my hair out as after 10+ years out of study I decide to do a Maths degree...(the stress of Dieting wasnt enough:rolleyes:)...
As usual I can feel the pangs of hunger - ooops I mean - the sums are baffling me so Im going to eat instead!!
SOOOOOOOOO Here's what I have decided...Both diet and studies are giving me stress but I really want to achieve both so I have to tackle both head on...
Well I work shifts and often start work at 4pm...giving me plenty of study time...but I dont really get to study at home as I've mentioned B4 hubby is a DJ and is always practicing...(we live with parents so he cant even go in another room!!)...At work we have a library so I'm gonna start using it...I can go and spend the day there b4 work...that way when the work begins to stress me I cant go and find food for comfort (I dont carry money to work...so I cant go shop either!) and I will have the right environment to concentrate and get my work done (and glug my water!!)...Then straight to work and by the time I get home the day is over!!...Even if i work early shift the library is open till 8 so I'll do the same in reverse!! I start this new plan of action tomorrow!!

(Ulterior motive in all of this...I wanna go spring break in Jamaica...one mad party holiday for drunken students...I know Im 30 and married but when i was 19 and in uni I had a boyfriend who was mentally torturing me hence the reason I went from 12 to 25 st!!)
(DONT WORRY I WILL BE TAKING THE HUBBY ALONG!! LOL:p)

SORRY FOR RAMBLING BY THE WAY:D

Sounds like you have your head in the game, good for you!! I love maths :) Sad arent i xxx

i wish i had done a maths degree. considering doing a few open uni courses in maths when i finish my degree xx

I'm in a similar situation - doing a masters in medical physics at the moment (open university). lots of maths in it which i'm finding a struggle really as my first degree was pharmaceutical chemistry. I've got an assignment due in on Friday so i just made myself a timetable basically consisting of going to work, coming home and doing the assignment - no time to eat!
good luck with your studies!
x hazel

What do you hope to do in the future hazel?

I'm in a similar situation - doing a masters in medical physics at the moment (open university). lots of maths in it which i'm finding a struggle really as my first degree was pharmaceutical chemistry. I've got an assignment due in on Friday so i just made myself a timetable basically consisting of going to work, coming home and doing the assignment - no time to eat!
good luck with your studies!
x hazel

Thanx...good luck with ur assignment!!

i already work in cancer research, so it should help my career if i do a masters in something mediciney - I'm doing it now because one of the consultants sponsored me, which means I feel as though i really have to do well because he paid for it!
Open university is really good though if you are thinking of doing a course but don't want to do a full time campus based course.

I'm doing genetics!

Maths....not one of my better subjects, I have to admit....wishing you lots of luck with your studies....and well done with your plan (you'll keep yourself occupied & away from temptation, so it's gotta work !) :eek:)

Hope you enjoy spring break in Jamaica....sounds good fun !

Back