callanetics

OMg! i thought that was banned?
Ruthyxxx

what can i say to that!LOL
no its not banned,its wonderful,nothing else works quite like it for me,I always end up coming back to it,its like an ole friend,one I know I can depend on :)

omg!!! Last I heard of that was back in the early 80's! I used to have the book!

well look at yoga..now that is very old!
yes,theres lots of modernised callanetics dvds out there.
theres even a cardio callanetics that has come out.
I still use my callan vid and wonder what all those beautiful women are doing these days-to look that great in a leotard-oh yes please!!!!:eek::eek:

have a look in your book-you may get inspired!

to be honest,I find with callanetics you dont have to give alott,in the comparison with the results you recieve and achieve

and i also think that any excercise takes effort,its all done gradually isnt it,
your body soon adjusts and starts to enjoy,of course its still an effort,callan herself agrees with that one.
thats why callanetics is so amazing,it works fast and direct.

:)

come..join me :)

Hello Sculptedbabe I am getting ready to start doing callanetics as soon as I get my tape,there is another weight loss website and they have a callanetics group and these ladies look incredible. I was sold.I should get my tape by next week, a friend of mine has the old original tape and loaning it to me. I will start as soon as i can and join you. did you take before pictures so you can see the difference later?

USAgirl

I'm still scared and think you're very brave! Maybe I tend to overdo the first couple of sessions and that's why I'm in such pain that I can barely walk let alone do any more! Plus I have the book (I did several years ago order a VHS version from ebay, but it was so old that it died and nearly took my machine with it), and it took so long to work out exactly where my legs should be etc. that the whole thing took HOURS. I do appreciate that's a pathetic excuse and that I would've memorised the moves after the third or fourth go :(

hi

Hello Sculptedbabe I am getting ready to start doing callanetics as soon as I get my tape,there is another weight loss website and they have a callanetics group and these ladies look incredible. I was sold.I should get my tape by next week, a friend of mine has the old original tape and loaning it to me. I will start as soon as i can and join you. did you take before pictures so you can see the difference later?

USAgirl

I can sense your enthusiasm,I am so happy you wanna do this :)thankyou so much.
yes I have taken before pictures.

what is your goal?

love to all

SB
xxxxxxxx

Sara, it's a series of toning exercises devised by a woman called Callan Pinckney - it was very popular in the 1980s. It might be a bit like mat-based pilates, but I'm not sure. Instead of doing big movements, like sit ups or leg raises, you do lots (about 100) of tiny precise movements that work each muscle in turn. The books explain each movement v.comprehensively, and the one I have has absolutely astonishing before and afters - especially on bums and saddlebaggy thighs, and a difference is visible after only 4 or 5 sessions. If there were callanetics classes I'd be there like shot, but I don't have the discipline to do it on my own! :sigh:

The one I've got is a big ancient blue hardcover book just called "Callanetics" the subheading is "how to look 10 years younger in 10 hours".
Just found a pic on amazon!
Amazon.co.uk: Callanetics: 10 Years Younger in 10 Hours: Callan Pinckney,Gary Moody: Books
That one is unavailable, but the same title is available used and new if you look. I *think* all the books are pretty similar. I'm quite tempted to buy the tape called "quick callanetics", as for me the full program is a bit too much.

Hello sculpted babe

My goal is to lose at least 60 pounds and to reshape my body hopefully. and what is your goal. I will have my tape hopefully by this weekend.

Supersara I heard it is great to reshape and mold body. Look up some before and after pictures you will see the amazing results people have.

Back