Calling 999

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Starlight, 17 September 2007 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
    After 18 years police service I have for the first time ever been answering 999 calls! WHAT an eyeopener!!

I cant believe the c*** people call 999 for.

Can you tell me the right time
    The lights in the close have gone out
    Do you know where I can get a 64 bus

Ok theyre extremes. but SO many people call 999 for things like boys playing football in the street, a neighbour annoying them etc

These calls all get routed via the 999 system - what a waste!!!

My sister in laws elderly aunt woke up last night to find 2 men in her bedroom, one raised a hammer above his head. Thank God they got a fright when she screamed and they fled with some money and some jewellery. Now thats a emergency.

Im sorry if this seems off on a tangent but PLEASE if anyone has to call the emergency services (and I SO hope they dont) think - is it an EMERGENCY, do you really need to phone 999 or would your local police office etc do
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    I had to call 999 last week because I saw an old guy fall over and hurt himself.

When I got through the girl asked me to make sure that I didn't move!! (I said it was him who was injured and not me), she said that didn't matter and just to stay still.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
  5. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Don't diet anymore!
    LMAO!! I did actually......sad as that maybe I didn't move either!!
  6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    The guy was in the middle of the road and was run over, but hey! You did what they told you :clap: :D
  7. Dub07

Dub07 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Dukan - Cruise
    The one time I had to dial 999 I fluffed it.

Had been watching so many US series I kept putting in 911.

Well - it wasn't helped by the fact they'd being trying to get us to switch over to using 211 here a decade ago, but I felt so stupid!
Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.