Calling all Counsellors!

I've been on the cambridge diet for a while now but last week I didn't lose weight (owing to constipation I think) and this week I slipped up and ate some food.

Feeling very dissapointed in myself I immediately contacted my counsellor explaining what had happened and instead of support she shouted at me and said that if I don't lose weight this week I can't stay on the diet. I almost felt like crying!

I find this diet can be hard sometimes and everyone but my counsellor thinks i've done great to stick to it so long and lose weight. I just don't feel that my counsellor is very supportive.

I don't know whether to look for another counsellor or would other counsellors have done the same?

omg i would have ran out the door crying and never gone back. You poor thing. Last week i told my cdc all about what happened me i broke it etc i know i havent lost etc she didnt shout or really offer much support just gave me the few packs i needed and said to aam if i needed. If i was you i think i would look for a new cdc

OMG cheeky thing!
You are paying for this diet and the support of a counsellor to help you. if it was so easy to lose weight we'd all be thin.
It is hard, you do stick sometimes, you do nibble sometimes.

I can't see my CDC shouting at me. She'd just say, back on the wagon, back to basics, cut out nibbles, chewing gum, bouillon, bars. Make sure you've been to the loo. Drink plenty etc etc.

Don't let her upset you. Get another counsellor.
Don't give up, you are worth more than that.

x

omg no way! please find another counciller.. and perhaps ring cd hq and report her .. ? i have had to do this.. they need telling.. thats so out of order :)

Find another counsellor - we are meant to be here to support you along the way ... not treat you like that. I'm horrified at her attitude.
Ring around until you find someone you feel comfortable with - many of my clients are now my friends too!

Cambridge Diet find a counsellor

If you cannot find a Counsellor near to you, please call our FREEPHONE referral line on: 0800 161412

Thank you for the support guys! I do feel under emense pressure to lose weight now and was even in the gym at 6am when it opened to try and lose the weight before my next weigh in. I'm very happy with the pace of my weight loss but my cdc just wants me to lose the weight as fast as possible.

hey.. Sorry to hear you've had a hard time with your CDC.. but there are deff others out there who will not act in such an unprofessional way.. I couldnt do this without mine..

*big hugs*..

let us know how you get on..!!

x x x

Hi Michelle,

Well done for doing so well on your diet and please don't let this one slip and your insensitive CDC set you back or make you feel guilty.

This diet journey is about you and your goals and not about your CDC's need to control and seek perfection.

I have heard their are a few counsellors out there who believe in the "tough love" approach and have a Booth Camp mentality to go with it.

Some find this approach works for them and for some of their clients.

Personally I think it is just an excuse to disguise their need to be a bully.

If you are bullied into losing weight; while initially you will lose weight but will not be able to keep it off in the long run as the responsibility and control for your own weight loss has been taken from you.

Part of the weight loss journey is to identify the triggers in our personal life and stresses that cause us to turn to food and to learn new coping strategies to deal with them and this can be a struggle at times.

Love Mini xxx

Firstly, well done on your progress so far, you're doing great:)

Your CDC's attitude is terrible... she may think it's tough love but in reality it is nothing more than aggresive bullying.
Maybe you could have a chat with her and explain how her behaviour has upset you and is unacceptable.. she may not realise how out of order she has been and take your comments on board.
If you don't feel comfortable with her I'd deffinately look out for a new CDC, I'm sure there are a few Birmingham way.

Good look with the rest of your weight loss journey:D

love xxxxxx:)

Hey Michelle

Don't let your CDC bully you!! I'm meeting mine for the 1st time today but I rang up a few before settling on this one and determined from the way they spoke to me whether I'd be comfortable dealing with them or not. Call up a few others in your area and see how they sound, it's hard enough trying to lose the weight without feeling bullied about it as well. Keep it up!!

Oh Sweetie, thats dreadful. I really hope you take the advice of the wise folks on here & find another CDC soon. Its so wicked that she feels its ok to talk to you like that. Yes, you do want to lose weight, but it is so bluddy tough at times, we are all human and we slip up. After all, thats prob how we got into this mess, isnt it?

I think Cambridge really need to do something about their CDCs. I know there are some great ones, as we hear often on this forum, but there are some awful ones too. I have a new one, as of this week, who I feel will literally be a supplier, as when I asked about weighing me etc, she said tha she had scales about somewhere if I wanted that!!

I rely heavily on Minis for all my advice & support as I dont get it locally. I sincerely hope it will be a better situation for you very very soon.

Much love & {{{{{hugs}}}}}

xx

Back