calling all Kettle Chip fans!

mod-karen79

rainbows holiday buddy :)
i'm a real crisp fiend - paticularly love Kettle Chips, so i ordered one of these from ebay....

Microwave DIY Potato Chip Maker Vegetable Slicer Crisp on eBay (end time 14-Feb-10 16:13:21 GMT)

potato_cooker193x366.jpg

i lay the sliced potato on a chopping board and gave them a light spray of frylight then salted them before sticking them on the crisp maker and microwaving for 5 or 6 minutes.

i checked halfway through and they were a bit wilted and lame looking....my heart sank! but when they were done - OMG!!!! they were just like kettle chips. ok not identical but they browned up and were really crunchy. my boyfriend was even asking for them!

top marks from me :)

Hello!

I have been making these recently too, but I just lay them out on a plate and microwave them for a few minutes...they are seriously tasty!! You can sprinkle different herbs, chilli powder etc on them too which make them a bit different.

We had some last night with a free dip; fat free yoghurt, Colman's mint sauce, chopped cucumber (and onions if you like) and a little bit of sweetener. I was also thinking it would be easy to make a yummy, free salsa. They are the best snack, absolutely gorgeous!!

Whenever I've made them for people they are amazed they're so good. :D

I have had one of these for a few years now
you just have to try other veg too they are really lovely :)

I love the idea of this but I am already missing a bit of thumb from a mandelin type piece of kitchen equipment and have no feeling in the top of my thumb so think I will steer well clear!!

I love the idea of this but I am already missing a bit of thumb from a mandelin type piece of kitchen equipment and have no feeling in the top of my thumb so think I will steer well clear!!

Whoops! The one on the other thread comes with a guard and a slicer.

OMG, if you look at the ebay ad for that microwave crisp maker, it's so funny :D all the pics of the veggies made me laugh!!!

xxxxx

I used to make these, then I realised I was eating 3/4 potatoes at a time/throughout the day. No way could I do that if they were jackets or roast potatoes so I stopped.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...... if u make `crisps`......i think they are sinned. Same as making `crisps` using lasange sheets...soz peeps :(

yeh I thought they would be synned because its turning a filling food into something that wasnt filling, similar to turning fruit into smoothies. Although in the other thread someone said their consultant said it was free?? I think its going to turn into one of those big debates! x

sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...... if u make `crisps`......i think they are sinned. Same as making `crisps` using lasange sheets...soz peeps :(

Do you "think" or do you know???

I think there is nothing wrong with making your own crisps as a snack, much better than buying a bag!!!! and potatoes are free :D

xxxxxxxx

Back