Calling all military wives and girlfriends

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
Hey

I know there must be some of you out there! Was thinking we could have a team for our own countdowns and share experiences weigh losses and also how the lifestyle does or doesn't affect us?

Sorry if this offends anyone.

Xxx

Im not a full time MWAG as my partner is reserve forces, however he is going full time next year so would be nice to see a group like this and how you all get on with the lifestyle.

natalie2614 said:
Im not a full time MWAG as my partner is reserve forces, however he is going full time next year so would be nice to see a group like this and how you all get on with the lifestyle.

That still counts though hun!!

Myself and Karen.hat have partners away on your at the moment :( x

I have every sympathy for anyone who has a partner away on tour. Its the most difficult time and puts a real strain on you both. Im dreading it when it happens for real. He told me at the weekend he was going to try for the marines, he thinks hes fit enough and got the mental capability to do it, but its a total shock considering he was always going to be an officer in the navy! bit different. We'll see if he gets in first x x

Hello!!
Great idea for a thread. Our own little WAG community. I'd love to join you. My Fiance is in the Army and I don't really have anyone who understands the commitment he makes and in turn how it affects me and the rest of the family. I look forward to hearing all about how we all deal with the rubbish times.

Hels :)

Hi ladies!!

Yay at least there is a few of us!

It is difficult but you definitely get through it, or at least I'm trying! I'm about 7 weeks through his 19 week tour at the mo xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all,I really understand how you all feel,my husband was in the army for 22 years and I have survived all the trials and tribulations.I wish you all good luck on the journey to the new you and hope your men remain safe. Ann xxx

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

acc said:
Hi all,I really understand how you all feel,my husband was in the army for 22 years and I have survived all the trials and tribulations.I wish you all good luck on the journey to the new you and hope your men remain safe. Ann xxx

Sent from my E15i using MiniMins

Blimey that is good going!!

I'm on countdown, saying that I have been since he went!

My plan is to go to the gym on the way home but I seriously lack motivation this far to go til he's home! I've got my last 1/2 stone to go til target!! X

Blimey that is good going!!

I'm on countdown, saying that I have been since he went!

My plan is to go to the gym on the way home but I seriously lack motivation this far to go til he's home! I've got my last 1/2 stone to go til target!! X

You can do it,be positive. it's not long now and you know how quickliy time flies!:bighug:

acc said:
You can do it,be positive. it's not long now and you know how quickliy time flies!:bighug:

Thanks sweetie!! I'm doing my best! I know 1/2 a stone isn't much but I want to defo want to be at target for when my lovely man comes home :)

Xxx

Todays been a good day sw wise anyway x

Keep up the good work, you'll be at your target in no time xx

natalie2614 said:
Keep up the good work, you'll be at your target in no time xx

Hopefully!! I've even had naughty things but I've synned them into my allowance :) don't feel so deprived!! X

Oh god good in one way his date of coming home has been brought forward a week, but bad for me! 1 less week to get back on the straight and narrow :( argh!!!

Xxx

Hello! I've only just come across this thread but what a fab idea! My hubby is in the Navy and is based in Plymouth. He goes away next weekend, only for a month and a bit but I'm slightly worried about how I will cope with staying on track when he's not here. When he goes away I comfort eat alot and I get bored in the evenings so I was drinking a bottle of wine and eating lots of junk. So I will be here alot and will be relying on my fellow WAGS to keep me on the straight and narrow!!!
No one can fully understand what it's like being in our situation until they are in it or have experienced it before, so this little thread will be my little golden thread to sanity!!! :D xxx

Nay. said:
Hello! I've only just come across this thread but what a fab idea! My hubby is in the Navy and is based in Plymouth. He goes away next weekend, only for a month and a bit but I'm slightly worried about how I will cope with staying on track when he's not here. When he goes away I comfort eat alot and I get bored in the evenings so I was drinking a bottle of wine and eating lots of junk. So I will be here alot and will be relying on my fellow WAGS to keep me on the straight and narrow!!!
No one can fully understand what it's like being in our situation until they are in it or have experienced it before, so this little thread will be my little golden thread to sanity!!! :D xxx

Well chick my bf has been away 8 weeks now, he's back 11 weeks today!

It is very hard as your mood is very up and down all the time with them. Xxx

Also I spent the first 4 weeks eating crap of boredom and wine etc! Doesn't help your feelings though believe me xxx

My man deploys in May until September. Not too long, except we marry in October so the 5 months he's away, I'll have to not gain anything for my dress fitting and also arrange everything alone. Luckily he's not deploying far at all, he'll still be in this country so I don't have to worry about his safety too much and I can speak with him on the phone but it'll still be a nightmare. That said, his tour means he misses Afghan so it'll be another year at least until we have to go down that route. Big hugs girls.

HelsAngel said:
My man deploys in May until September. Not too long, except we marry in October so the 5 months he's away, I'll have to not gain anything for my dress fitting and also arrange everything alone. Luckily he's not deploying far at all, he'll still be in this country so I don't have to worry about his safety too much and I can speak with him on the phone but it'll still be a nightmare. That said, his tour means he misses Afghan so it'll be another year at least until we have to go down that route. Big hugs girls.

You lucky lady!!! Xxx

For me I find watching these programmes on afghan helps me. I can't imagine it's going to help everyone though as it shows you a soldiers real life :/ x

Back