Calling all military wives and girlfriends

bevhunter1986 said:
For me I find watching these programmes on afghan helps me. I can't imagine it's going to help everyone though as it shows you a soldiers real life :/ x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Which is often the best way to see it. It's so difficult to show support when you can't empathise but watching things like Our War documentary with Mike and him explaining and talking through exactly what happens and how it is, helped me understand so much more. He's been to afghan and I'm so lucky that he missed his last tour because he transferred squadrons. Like you say, people deal with things differently. Do whatever makes you happy. There is no right or wrong way to deal with your own emotions.

HelsAngel said:
Which is often the best way to see it. It's so difficult to show support when you can't empathise but watching things like Our War documentary with Mike and him explaining and talking through exactly what happens and how it is, helped me understand so much more. He's been to afghan and I'm so lucky that he missed his last tour because he transferred squadrons. Like you say, people deal with things differently. Do whatever makes you happy. There is no right or wrong way to deal with your own emotions.

Yeah I mean my Sam isn't on the frontline at all. But it makes you appreciate what he sees his colleagues do and what other families go through too. Xxx

Well this week seems to have flown but now I'm back on edge having heard nothing for a good few days :(

At least I have got tomorrow and Monday off work!! Yippee

Xx

How are we all doing? Xxx

acc said:
Hi Bev,any news?

I heard yesterday. He's ok. I was so relieved I ended up crying my eyes out. Oh hun I'm fed up now, but on the plus side another 9 weeks and 3 days to go, 9 weeks down!!!

Last edited:
Hello
Ive just seen this thread & thought I'd pop in to say hello. My husband is an RM, not deployed but we are weekenders.....spent the first 10 years of our married life with him going away occasionally & now he's been drafted away & gets home on a Wednesday & the weekend. I must admit I dont have a problem with him being away from home on the food front, but when he first got drafted we would celebrate him coming home on a Friday with a few bottles of vino & a curry! That has now stopped as we're both on a health kick & havent had a drink for 31 days!!!!!
Nice to chat with you....this is my 2nd time on SW as put back on 2 stone after losing it last year, as I had surgery & have piled it back on again!

kim63 said:
Hello
Ive just seen this thread & thought I'd pop in to say hello. My husband is an RM, not deployed but we are weekenders.....spent the first 10 years of our married life with him going away occasionally & now he's been drafted away & gets home on a Wednesday & the weekend. I must admit I dont have a problem with him being away from home on the food front, but when he first got drafted we would celebrate him coming home on a Friday with a few bottles of vino & a curry! That has now stopped as we're both on a health kick & havent had a drink for 31 days!!!!!
Nice to chat with you....this is my 2nd time on SW as put back on 2 stone after losing it last year, as I had surgery & have piled it back on again!

Awwww welcome!! I'm about to watch a programme at 9pm about RMs in afghan xxx

kim63 said:
Have Sky+ it so we can both watch it the weekend

I've got really into programmes like that at the moment x

I've got really into programmes like that at the moment x

As long as it helps you thru thats the main thing. I suppose if we watch these type of programmes we get a 'feel' of what its like out there!
Have you lost your weight since your fella's been away Bev & if so how much? He will see such a difference Im sure! Reading back thru the posts it looks as tho you're half way thru now...how exciting, I remember that feeling so vividly when you're waiting for them to come home, spending hours getting ready to look your best & they stroll in stinking straight off the plane!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

kim63 said:
As long as it helps you thru thats the main thing. I suppose if we watch these type of programmes we get a 'feel' of what its like out there!
Have you lost your weight since your fella's been away Bev & if so how much? He will see such a difference Im sure! Reading back thru the posts it looks as tho you're half way thru now...how exciting, I remember that feeling so vividly when you're waiting for them to come home, spending hours getting ready to look your best & they stroll in stinking straight off the plane!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I've only lost a few pounds at the moment. I've lost just under 2 stone since Jan 2011. My bf has known me at my lowest of 9stone 12lbs, I'm 5ft 8ins. I'm now 10stone 5.5lbs!

Yep he went on 27th nov and due back 5th April. So 9 weeks 2days down, 9 weeks 2 days to go.

He will come back into brize I think, but he has to then travel alone back to his home base which is around 5 hours away. This is because he's the only one from that home base who is returning from deployment.

So I'll be waiting at his home base and be the only one as well!! Xx

You're over the 'hump' today then Bev, so all downhill from here until your BF gets home!
Cant you go to Brize to meet him?
Im sure he will notice a difference in you then when he gets back...not that I think they really are concerned what we look like, they're just so pleased to see us.....but a girl has to make an effort!!!

Yeah I could go and meet him
But then we would have to spend the next 5 hours in separate cars. I'd rather spend that decorating his room and texting or speaking to him on the phone if we can't be in the same car :(

It'll all be worth it! Another day down.

Don't know what I'd do without everyone here. Really felt down today like I was welling up just talking to people in work today x

bevhunter1986 said:
But then we would have to spend the next 5 hours in separate cars. I'd rather spend that decorating his room and texting or speaking to him on the phone if we can't be in the same car :(

Don't know what I'd do without everyone here. Really felt down today like I was welling up just talking to people in work today x

Worst is over now, Bev. Downhill (in a good way) from today. :)

Yeah you know I don't know of it feels that way though. I was really upset like distraught in the first part. Now I'm simply so tired and drained and got insomnia. Argh!!

*breathes*

65 sleeps lol x

That is very true Bev about the car thing didnt think of that!!!! But that will be longest 5 hours you will have to wait for him to drive home.....exciting tho!
Agh I do you feel for you as I know how it feels to miss them so much its painful, but you are counting down now & it will be over before you know it. Just try & keep as busy as you can. You take care x

Yep luckily he can't drive himself so he'll have a military driver yay! He can text or talk his whole way home. Thankfully.

I'm trying to keep busy but I've admitted defeat now, I'm simply too tired this half of the tour.

Insomnia is not helping at all.

The last week will go really slow won't it? Xxx

Just thought i'd pop in and say hello.

My boyfriend, who was my best friend first, is a Marine -EOD Tech, so he works with bombs. He'll be deploying in about 6 months or so. We also live about 1,800 miles away since he's stationed in California. For the next 6 months he has a lot of training and classes to take before deploying for the 4th time so I won't see him much at all.

So....hi :) I'll pop on in here randomly

Welcome xxx

Back