Calling all the Irish ladies here

devonbabe

Silver Member
Ive never been to Ireland before and am thinking about booking a cottage 1st week Sept..trouble is I dont know Ireland at all, so dont know what area to chose. we will take the car, so can tour around a bit, but wheres nice to stay? any help please?
many thanks
JO

depends what u want jo. i personally love Cork. dingle bay and the city. lots to offer and not as spendy as dublin but much more beautiful. xxx

and im a plastic paddy who has been all over ireland, b4 i get lynched as just a mouthy londoner lol

Not sure if I am qualified to answer this as I am neither Irish, or a Lady!!!

However, although not Irish, all of my family live there. So from a tourist point of view I would have to see pretty much all of Ireland is good, with plenty to do.

But if you want to see authentic american irish (;)), then I recommend the Ring of Kerry. Very pretty and some great bike riding to be done.

I've been to some parts of Cork but nothingtakes my breath away more than Kerry ... especially the ring of Kerry.

However somewhere not so touristy would be Conemarra so beautiful and untouched.

Driving? A piece of cake. No problems at all. Get yourself a decent road map and you will be fine. I've driven over in Ireland for years without trouble!

Seafood chowder is a must!!!!

Hi,

Being from Northern ireland I have to give here a plug! Enniskillen is lovely, lakes watersporst etc. The north coast has beautiful beaches, Bushmills Distillery, Giants Causeway etc etc.
You will love it!

Ax

one of my friends lives in enniskillen and it is lovely there!

Hey..... better late than never eh!!!

Well as an Irish lady (use the term very loosely lol) I would recommend west cork.... bringing you either from or into kerry and dingle and yes possible the ring of kerry.... (which is lovely but there are nicer spots to see!!)

Donegal is also beautiful... there are loads of places....

have you anything particular in mind???

clare is fab too... Doolin is just fab!!!!! so peacefull and only 2 pubs but the craic!!!

have to big up dunmanway co cork [where my family hails from]
there is a fab lake right on the edge of town and great cycling and watersports
this is a nice place to stay, its not quite renting a cottage but they do have a stone built farmhouse, you can also stay in traditional gypsy caravans they have set in the woods
its really cool
nat xx
check them out in this link

Shiplake Mountain Hostel

As an Irish lady - head out West, Dublin is good for a day or two but its wildly expensive....Cork, Kerry, Clare, Galway, Sligo, Mayo Donegal...take your pick there....and there's northern Ireland...and there's some stonking places to head to there(and no exchanging cash for you if you head there!!!)

Favourite places would be West Cork <- Welcome to Schull -> <- West Cork - Ireland ->

Dingle Dingle Peninsula Tourism - A Visitors Guide to the Dingle Peninsula in Ireland - Mainpage

Bunratty Shannon Heritage

Galway and Galway's Arts festival
Galway Arts Festival

Donegal http://www.donegal.ie/

Giants Causeway The Giants Causeway Website

You could fly into Cork and work your way up around the west coat to the Giants Causeway or you can fly into Derry and work from the Giants Causeway down to Cork...:)

You could fly into Cork and work your way up around the west coat to the Giants Causeway or you can fly into Derry and work from the Giants Causeway down to Cork...:)

Jesus... thats a long trip. You better LOVE being in the car if you wanna fo that lol.
Kerry is a lovely county, loads to see and do and great food! Cork is gorgeous as well and Foto wildlife park is defo worth a visit. Its a pity the giants causeway is so far from there but its a sight to see for sure. Donegal & Sligo get my vote as well... great beaches there! Clare has lovely scenery (go see the famed cliffs lol). You've loadsa choice really! Go discover Ireland lol...

*sings* I need to go, I need to get away from everything, I'll have to run to get away from here!

Back