Calling all you horsey people!!

I have a 16.3hh 17 yo Latvian warmblood called Grand Feniks. He is my first horse. I only got back into riding in May 2005 after an 18 year break. Feniks really is a big gentle giant, so calm and brave. Went out for a very wet hack this morning with my friend on her 6 yo. Feniks really looked after Rudi. Every time Rudi was unsure about going past something, Feniks would calmly walk past to show him the way.

Erm happy hoof......details? photos? things for us to drool over...
I am not riding currently due to still recovering from an unplanned dismount 6 weeks ago :eek:...
Today someone else rode my mare out for the first time. So pleased my mare behaved herself but sooooooo wish it were me instead!!

i have a 15.2 , welsh x TB - Gelding, hes 10 this year

il post a pic tonight once i sort my photobucket out lol

Hi :)
I have a rising 3 year old (if you go by his birthdate) New forest :) Chestnut sweetheart :) called Thunder :)
He stands around 14hh's now, and lives out 24/7 :) He's a mummy's boy and I've lost weight recently to ensure I can ride him and hope to get around a back problem I incurred last year (Dr has told me not to ride, I haven't ridden since last May and am hoping I can ride this year, or at the latest next year).

I have tamed him and brought him on so far, and would like to back him myself - I have done a section A before (I was on the ground for that though). :)
I'm hoping to get him long reigning this year, and into ridden work next year - with our local riding instructor. :)

Here he is in this winters 'woolies' :)
483-albums879-picture6318.jpg
http://www.minimins.com/members/483-albums879-picture6318.jpg

and as a foal - the day he arrived, scared and unhandled
43630021.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Everybody
From a very young age I`v always liked horses . My father bought me and my sisters a 12 2 hands pony and when we out grown it he sold it and none of us would speak to him for weeks . But when I get my surgery I`m going to take up riding with my granddaughter she keeps saying to me nana when you get your op me and you are going to go riding god luv her . She is mad about ponies and horses . The photos you have are lovely . Good luck and take care .
MARGARET XX

Aww I love horses! I used to have one of my own, a real horse of a lifetime 16.2hh black IDxTB. I had to sell him because my life moved on really going travelling, going to uni, moving away from home. Don't have any pics on my computer actually! I'm lucky though, my mum and dad have horses so I can ride when I go back. Photo of me & them at christmas:
Relaxinginthesnow601_09.jpg

The black horse is Rio, 16.2hh Dutch warmblood belonging to mum. He's lovely, similar to Archie (my old horse) - really bubbly and forward going but never silly and stupid, never bucks/rears etc. Loves jumping but equally good at dressage. Very cheeky though, but such a friendly horse as well!
The bay lying down is my Dad's horse, Ben. He's 17.1hh IDxTB and such a steady temperament, he'll let anyone ride him but isn't a kick along. Makes them feel so safe. I have to say I find him a bit dull but then I'm quite an experienced rider I guess! He's fab for Dad though.

Hi folks, Glad to see horsey people here. We had 4 horses until last week when we realised only one of them was just right for his rider (my OH). We found really good homes for 2 and 3rd is up for sale so I am now looking for a horsey that can, hopefully, stay with me forever. Not enjoying it as much as I thought as I still feel bad about selling the others, but I know my forever horse is out there somewhere. The one we kept was a 17hh friesian gelding who is so handsome he melts your heart just to look at and his temperament matches his looks,
xxx

just bumping this up for any other horsey peeps out there :D

since writing in here, we've got another little pony called barney.. he's soooooo adorable! he's a 3 year old chestnut mini, and completely terrified of humans :( he's coming round slowly but surely with a lot of time and patience though. i think it helps that he sees how calm tilly (our other pony) is with us... i imagine that it reassures him that we're nice people, not the nasty ones he was used to.

i'll post some pics at some point xx

lol, just looked back and apparently i never did a 1st post! haha

Aw this is great that there are some horsey people on here! I love horses too and although I'm not lucky enough to own my own at the moment I usually go riding although I'm not at the moment.
I love anything to do with horses, its my main hobby! Right now I'm at the stage where lessons bore me as they're not long enough and are expensive. I'm quite an experienced rider as have ridden since age 8 and I'm 25 now so I kind of want to get on a horse to do my own thing, not instruction! I'd probably think differently if I had my own horse though.
I'm actually trying to get a job at a stables at the moment!

Cool. glad this got bumped :)
I am horse mad, live breathe work horses. I am a riding instructor and also compete at Dressage ( see pic below)
Am off to Burghley horse trials in the morning to shop shop shop and then watch XC and have tickets for SJ too :)

Cool. glad this got bumped :)
I am horse mad, live breathe work horses. I am a riding instructor and also compete at Dressage ( see pic below)
Am off to Burghley horse trials in the morning to shop shop shop and then watch XC and have tickets for SJ too :)
Wow you're very lucky, I'd love a job like that, I was going to do my NVQ2 in Horse Care but unfortunately no one was taking anyone on for it. I still intend to do it all at a later date.
Let us know how you enjoy Burghley, I'd love to hear!

I am 67 years old and horses have been the major part of my life for as long as I can remember.

For over 40 years I have bred show ponies and dressage ponies. Our young stallion is Nefydd Buccaneer, 6 times Spanish Junior and Pony Dressage Champion.

I am delighted to find this thread as I started a similar one on the SW Off Topic site that did get some response.

Nice to see you here Honey. What level do you compete at? Do you have more photos other than the one in your signature. I would love to see them.

We take the ponies as far as Prix San George, but only for training, relieves the boredom for them, and the sheer pleasure for us to see them working at that level. In competition they work at a much more lowly level and are not asked to do much more than shoulder in, half passes and in some tests flying changes. We sometimes do a simplified Kur with them as well but also only for pleasure or for exhibition work.

One of the highlights of my life was being invited to judge at the Royal Welsh Show in 2008. It was a great honour in recognition for my work with Welsh Ponies and Cobs in Spain............. we now have our own society of which I am honourary Life President.
nefyddbuccaneer.jpg

Bucky on his lap of honour after becoming Spanish Champion again.

NEFYDD-SUPER-SIRhead.jpg

His father Nefydd Super Sir also a Champion of Spain in Pony Dressage.
NEFYDD-BUCCANEERdress.jpg

Bucky again.

mail

Bucky and his son Misty.

petal1005-1.jpg

One of my favourite photos of our cheeky filly Squeak. She is now 2 years old and is going away this autumn to our daughter , the chef d'equipe of the Spanish Pony Dressage Team in preperation for next year when she will start working on her gently from the ground.

assortedsept08033.jpg

This is her at 4 months......... she is lovely but has "attitude". I will miss her.

Our happiest moments have been just riding out and enjoying the countryside around us.

I would love to see more photos from you all,

Hey Fillymum.
The Chestnut in my signature has just moved in to Elementary level, and i compete a mare at Novice. I had been Eventing the chestnut, but TB rubbish feet means he won't stay sound for eventing now.

Here are some more piccys

claudiosjJAYS-2.jpg

088-2.jpg

089-2.jpg

0572.jpg

bertieXC-1.jpg

Great photos Honey.

Horses that event are so talented and of course so are their riders. I love dressage, pure dressage but my admiration always goes first to the eventers.

You must love your job. I know I could not imagine a day without horses in it.

Of all the dressage ponies we have bred we had just one, Ribble Valley Ruby Star, the most beautiful, elegant, free moving pony, who said most definitely......... no way Jose, no dressage for me, I am going to jump. And so she did, she gained championship status ( much easier here than in the U.K.) and I must admit I always found watching her compete so much more fun that watching our dressage ponies. A fence down and adios. With dressage as you know, anything can happen. She now has a filly foal by Bucky.

Thank you for the photos..............

Back