Calling Cambridge Counsellors or Anyone who could help ...

carrie-ann

Hi all, I am currently in the process of filling in my application form to become a Cambridge Counsellor and am stuck on a few questions and just need to ask some things really, am not seeing my own CDC until Friday so would appreciate any help I can get on here so that I can more or less get it done by then! I have done the majority of it already.

First thing I wanted to enquire about, question on the form asks, What are the four distinct phases of weight management in which a client can use the steps? Now, does this mean the steps of the BMI chart, such as underweight, normal, over weight and obese. Thats what I'm thinking ...

Secondly, When following step 5 (1500 cal) what foods are added to the 300kcal breakfast? If anybody could tell me this would be great as I havent done this step myself yet and cannot find any info on it on the CD website at all.

Third, When following step 4, what is the difference between option 1 and option 2? Again with this question I am stuck as I havent done step 4 and cannot find the info I need.

They also ask me a general question about fitness with Cambridge, I havent got no information on this as I have just been to the gym occasionally and not followed any other fitness plan whilst I been dieting.

Last thing, and I'm sure your all gonna be great helps so far!, The photo that has to go on the front of your application form, does it HAVE to be a passport photo or can it be any photo of yourself as long as it is cropped to fit inside the box on the form?? Just wondering if this is the photo that goes on the website or not in the finding a counsellor page?

Thats all I need to know, sorry If I sound el thicko lol but really cant find the info I need anywhere else. A massive thank you in advance to all that reply and I hope Ive made myself clear enough.

Love to all ... Carrie-Ann :) XxX

Hi Carrie-ann!
I have filled out the application so I can help you with a few questions, funnily enough those are the very same questions I got stuck on with mine!
The four distinct phases that a client can use the steps are:
Preparation
Weight loss
stabilisation
Maintenance
The 1500 step adds in fruit, granary bread, museli to the 300 kcal breakfast.
Can't remember what I put for the answer to the step 4, do you have your yellow booklet with you? It should say in there. The same goes for the fitness question.
Finally I think a passport photo would be most suitable, rather than a normal picture cropped. This is very important as the application will be rejected without the picture.
Hope this has helped you out a bit, I am sure some others will be along to help out soon, good luck with it all, let us know how you get on!

Thanks - I'd just came on here to ask the very same question about the 4 phases too :D

For the fitness question i've just put yes - I'm aware of the exercise programme that available to buy in the form of a dvd and accompanying booklet that is aimed at promoting activity and increased exercise. Or something like that!

Good luck. I've spent HOURS on the forms, going to be handing them in tomorrow! :D

Oh and sorry, option 1 has a higher calorie breakfast but a lower calorie lunch than option 2. HTH xx

Plus........ I was just going to crop a photo to fit in the size of that box. I hate passport photos.

A huge thank you to you girls who helped me out, you were a great help, Almost done now, blimey the form is like an exam!! My last question now and I'm kinda stumped on it, "What advice would you give to a client who has just reached their target weight?" Can anyone give me some guidance on this ... I know I have to emphasize maintenance and not falling back into old eating habits but what else can I add to the answer??? Isn't it something about once youve gained a certain amount of pounds to start restricting yourself slightly again?? Bit stumped so any help wold be grately received! Big Thank you again to chickenpie and scottishmum :D xXx

Don't worry about them wanting more of an answer than you put. Your answer sounds fine Carrie-ann. Perhaps you can add something about them participating in a regular exercise routine, staying active that type of thing.
Also you could advise the person to avoid temptation, and triggers and to be prepared in situations when they are not able to get to healthy foods i.e- carry a tetra or bar.
Incorporate these things into your answer and that will be fine! Good luck with it all!

Back