calling experienced Atkineers - can anyone help?

welshbrummie

must be doing something very wrong because i cant seem to shift a single pound - i'm beginning to think that there must be something wrong with me - had my blood sugar checked and that's ok, as is blood pressure - dont really want to go to GP because they'll bombard me with loads of "low fat, hi carb, do loads of running" diatribe...

So i'm gonna endevour to write this up daily and include menus- perhaps someone can spot my mistakes, sorry about the long post...

General info:
Im 40 this year, and, far from sedentary, i spend most of my life on my feet, walking around at work or dashing about cleaning up after 2 small boys at home.

I havent eaten any sugar or starch since xmas, hardly drink any alcohol (and only ever red wine)
Due to lack of results i gave up dairy 4 days ago and have cut my caffine habit from about 4 cups to 1 cup of fresh black coffee per day (essential early morning perk-up)

I dont use any sweetners, diet products or sodas and all of my food is prepared and cooked by myself from scratch (i even roast and boil bones to make my own stocks).
The only processed stuff i have is chorizo, pepperami and pate.

I tend to have plenty of hot drinks during the day (largely herbal teas or hot water), never have any trouble with constipation.

have been using ketostix for over a month and they always show "moderate" ketosis

yesterday
B 4 super thin rashers of streaky bacon and 2 fried eggs
L roast chicken, half avocado, green salad (home made french dressing)
S pepperami, tin of mackerel in oil, small handfull of nuts and seeds
D low carb meatballs, asparagus with butter and green salad (olive oil and balsamic)

Today
B 2 eggs & 2carb free sausage and 3 smallish mushrooms, all cooked in lard
L meatballs and a leafy salad with a bit of hellmans

Dinner will be a Pork chop and asparugus with butter

s pepperami if required

So that's it so far any hints gratefully recieved x

Hey Lorna,sorry im not as experienced as most on here but i find that bacon and pepperami stalls me due to the salt and water gain.

I'm not as experienced as some on here, but I'm almost certain balsamic vinegar contains sugar. Though, if you're still in Ketosis, I can't see why a small amount on a salad would hinder your weight loss, as I think the rest looks okay. Still, maybe try a different vinegar in your dressings, just to be safe.

Also, are you getting 12-15g of your daily carb limit from salad and veggies? I don't know if it would cause you to stall if you don't, but I thought I'd ask, as this is recommended.

How often do you have nuts & seeds?

i have some every day, but usually only in small amounts, perhaps a tablespoon of seeds on my salad or about 20 almonds for breakfast on the move

Do you think i should ditch them?

How big are your salads? It helped me when Jim said stick to 3 cups of veg/salad a day. I had the SW mindset that I had to have a third of veg on my plate.
My veg and salad is smaller and meat portion is bigger. Also water, water, water, I know you drink tea and coffee but really, water will help big time xx good luck chicky xx

Back