Calling target - advice needed please

gobolino

Gold Member
I'm thinking of calling target tonight as I've been 3lb within the weight I am now (11st 10) for the last 6 months or so I know its maintainable. Plus it may even take the pressure off enabling me to lose another 7lb (my real target 11st 3). Either way, I'm pretty happy and I wont be paying each week either (until I'm out of this target range!). Does this sounds reasonable ?

What do you think ? Am I being a bit rash or have I simply had a lightbulb moment ??

Also, what do I do, just hop on the scales and call my consultant over to say I want this to be my target ? Might she talk me out of it ?

Only you can answer this...

Try asking yourself a few questions...

Are you happy with your current weight?
Are you happy with the way you look?
Are you happy with the way you feel?
Do you still want to lose more weight?

You could set your target now and take the pressure off losing the last 7lbs or you can keep the pressure on until you get there

It really is up to you

Thanks Becky, I've been questioning myself a fair bit all the time!!

Happy
Happy
Happy
Yes want to lose 7lb more

I dont think I respond well to the pressure, hence I've not been able to reach my stone award over the last 6-9 months, I've got to 13.5lb lost and then bounce back. I think, for me, taking the pressure off may be a good thing ?

Mostly was aiming for 7lb less just to be in the healthy BMI range. But dont want to stress out about it :)

Two weeks ago, whilst still 1 1/2 stone above my 'ideal target', I called target in group. My losses had slowed and was starting to feel the pressure in group. I wasn't bothered that my losses were going to be slow, but my C was disappointed (not in my losses, just that he felt he wasn't supporting me enough to enable bigger losses). Also, I realised that by calling target I would be saving money, as it would take me so long to fall out of target range!!!

Just go, get weighed and tell the WI person and your C that you want to call target. Your C should not try and talk you out of it, or encourage you to alter it. It is your decision.

Who knows, you might find yourself so happy with how you feel/look and maintaining - those 7lbs won't really bother you anymore.

Enjoy being slightly richer!!!!

Ah ha - lonesticher you had the same situation as me with the 7lb higher situation ;) Well done you for calling target, it makes sense in terms of money and in terms of pressure !

I was all set to do the same tonight but then gained 2lb tonight...... so I've decided the next loss I have, I'll definitely be calling it my target :)

I've changed mine 3 times. The first was

158lb - reached and reduced to
152lb - reached a couple of times

and now reduced to 145lb - this new one I haven't "called" yet, but it is my own target in my head and on here;)

Target-setting works for me though and I find maintaining difficult, so am more than happy to set difficult ones as it keeps me motivated.

Having dropped from 245lb, the idea of being "normal" is priceless!, also, I have my mindset focussed on the magicval, almost mythical 100lb loss too:cool:

Eventually I'll settle for a BMI around 22.5 given the choice;)
Steve

Maximus you've done fantastically well :) All the best with your ultimate goal! I could only see me moving my target once more as I've struggled to get to this one alone!

So, this is the week......... this is going to be the week that I call target for sure :) :) :) Do I get a lovely target members book or anything about maintaining ????

Steve!! Hello stranger :D

I have nothing else to add.

Maximus you've done fantastically well :) All the best with your ultimate goal! I could only see me moving my target once more as I've struggled to get to this one alone!

So, this is the week......... this is going to be the week that I call target for sure :) :) :) Do I get a lovely target members book or anything about maintaining ????

I think I got a lovely black SW Target Member badge, a sticker and certificate.

TO be honest, I find reaching target and losing weight quite easy (maintaining is a bit more tricky). Indeed I can lose 3-6lb in my last week to reach target (don't ask me how!)

Steve!! Hello stranger :D

I have nothing else to add.

I'm not strange!

---and I have loads to add;)

Oh no, I didnt lose a thing this week :( Not calling target this week either :(

Maybe next week? Did you speak to your c?x
My mil text me this a.m and said she was fed up of it and needed a break from weekly weigh ins I suggested she called target at her now weight so she wouldn't have to go every week and wouldn't be under so much pressure rather than just stopping going. Am hoping this works for her rather than just stopping going and the weight drifting back up.
Hope it works out for you too x

Thanks Emsie! A good plan for your mil to call her target, definitely would help her keep on plan rather than just stopping going :) I didnt speak to my C as we had a temp C.... I did say that I was hoping to set target but I couldnt expect the temp to know how long I'd been at the same weight for!

Back