Calorie awareness

Yasmine

One last chance
I went shopping yesterday with my mum, was going to make shepards pie for my dad.

You know how you notice things a lot more like with food or certain things in life that you didn't used to take much care about.

Well, when I go into supermarkets or corner shops, I start looking the nutrition details on say my fav chocs and things like that. I could't beleive the amount of calories there are in them! It takes the ultimate piss!

You know those tiny little bags of chocolate buttons? the really small ones?

204 calories!!!! WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!?

Will I ever be able to have them again? at the level of calories there are, how will I be able to enjoy myself when LT is over? If I have to restrict myself for the rest of my life, I'm going to be so depressed! :cry:

Being fat sucks arse!

Awww...and yes, you will be able to have them again, but sometimes you'll probably not think it worth it...other times you will.

As for enjoying yourself, can't say that I get the enjoyment from them in quite the same way anymore. Still enjoy them, but enjoy healthier alternatives just as much now and the alternatives don't lead me to wanting more...and more...and more! It's cool :clap:

sure you can have them again.... once you spend two hours jogging on a treadmill hehehehe..... I reckon its all about moderation.. for instance in the future.. you fancy some chocolate?? have some dark chocolate..... you can have a dessert, just one day a week...... etc etc... xxx

heya,

From reading about this a little bit I believe in the following points (correct me if Im wrong people)

1. Contstant exercise is part of a healthy life style, if you take in your recommended calorie intake and exercise you willlose weight. If you have a treat once or twice a week but still exercise you will maintain weight.

2. If you have more calories than you should have, its good to make sure you have a little less calories the day after. Not too little cos you wont have energy but dont tell yourself you'll wait till next week to lose the weight u may put on.

3. Everybody no matter what the diet has the possibility to put on weight if you constantly eat treats and things like that, it should be fairly easy to live a healthy diet within your recommended caloried intake but with added treats if you please.

these are not scientific but think they are close to accurate in my opinion..

heya,

From reading about this a little bit I believe in the following points (correct me if Im wrong people)

1. Contstant exercise is part of a healthy life style, if you take in your recommended calorie intake and exercise you willlose weight. If you have a treat once or twice a week but still exercise you will maintain weight.

2. If you have more calories than you should have, its good to make sure you have a little less calories the day after. Not too little cos you wont have energy but dont tell yourself you'll wait till next week to lose the weight u may put on.

3. Everybody no matter what the diet has the possibility to put on weight if you constantly eat treats and things like that, it should be fairly easy to live a healthy diet within your recommended caloried intake but with added treats if you please.

these are not scientific but think they are close to accurate in my opinion..

Yep, I'll go along with most of that. Maybe not the 'treats' though. If you get a really healthy relationship with food, they aren't 'treats' anymore. They're nice, but lots of things are nice :D

I never refer to my any food as being a treat. Food is food. It's good....I love to eat, but it's never used to satisfy an emotion of any kind, albeit to make me happy, to reward myself etc.

I wory about this too Yasmine, i dont want to be on a "diet" for the rest of my life, constantly battling with my weight, but to b honest looks like i will be...

iv been fat, so therefore its so easy to get fat again, just the way my body is, was blessed with fatness (thanks mum an dad) haha but there ye go...

i just gota remind myself, that im not battling not to get fat, im battling to keep myself healthy...

and i will be eatin choccie believe me... if i didnt i would go mad... im jus guna take it easy, an try an not slip into my old habbits,

Cos if you always do what u always did, ul always be what you always where

xxxxx

dont worry about it

i believe in everything in moderation, there are ways to cut other calories to balance up having a treat its all in the planning

Please think this all through folks.

We all knew that we should be eating in moderation before. Well, I should imagine we all knew....but we chose not to for X reason.

What will make this time different?

Because this time is very different for me.

Back