Calorie Counting Day 1

Fedupbeingafattie!

Hello, I’ve just began Calorie counting in the hope something will finally work for me
I struggle with being “good”
I’m well prepared!
But I’d love some tips please
I need to lose 5st
I’m going to try eating around 1500 calories a day but is there anything else I need to do? Keep eye on carbs? Sugars etc?
Would love to hear from people who have done this a while and those like me just starting
Thank you for reading
R x

Hi!
Welcome!
I am calorie counting ...Have done for a while •Planning ahead is always a good start to stay on track
•I use MyFitnessPal everyday
•I don’t always have carbs on my meal if it’s not needed
• I try to stick to unprocessed food

I struggle with temptation and emotional eating so I’m trying not to take my purse to work with me everyday

Hi!
Welcome!
I am calorie counting ...Have done for a while •Planning ahead is always a good start to stay on track
•I use MyFitnessPal everyday
•I don’t always have carbs on my meal if it’s not needed
• I try to stick to unprocessed food

I struggle with temptation and emotional eating so I’m trying not to take my purse to work with me everyday
Hi
Thank you
I’m currently getting both my lunches and dinners made in a healthy eaterie and have oats for brekkie
Is there a certain cut off for fats/sugars etc?
I’ve kept to 1450/1500 so far
Today’s another day.....
I’m an emotional eater aswell, just not easy to stop sometimes xx

I’m not sure about a “cut off” for fats and sugars
When I’m looking at products in the shops I always compare the labels to see which has the lowest fat and sugar in the 100g column and look for the highest for fibre.
When I did the Rosemary Conley calorie counting it used to be the 5% fat rule (except for meat)So for example if it had 0.7g of fat per 100g then you know it’s a good choice (0.7% fat)
image.jpg

Another way to judge is looking at the traffic light system on the front of packaging. On the front you will see a summary how much fat and sugar are in each portion I compare products if they are green or Amber then they are better choices than the red products

37398407-A881-4495-A96E-C0C233EFD975.jpeg

Hope this helps...you may already look for all this

Thx sammie
Today’s been a bit bold🙈
But I’m trying to stop now

I went a little off yesterday 🙈
Gonna try my best today though x

I've been Calorie Counting for 14 months now. So far I have lost 3 stone. I have not been super strict and have had a few holidays along the way. I absolutely love it.

The best tips I can give you are:

Make sure you drink enough water
Use MFP to log everything
Plan every meal - I plan a week ahead before I do the weekly shop
Remember it is a lifestyle change and not a diet

Good luck on your journey :)

In my life I've been on more diets and "weight loss fads" than you can imagine. Calorie counting is literally the ONLY thing that has been easy, reliable and effective. I've lost 2 and a half stone since December. It would have been a fair bit more but . . . Christmas! :rolleyes:

The things I've found important:

1. MyFitnessPal. I literally couldn't do it without this fantastic app.
2. Start on higher calories so you have room to drop if you plateau. You're on 1500 I see so I think you're good. I'm currently on 1600 and still losing comfortably but I like knowing I have room to drop. I see people starting on 1000 calories and I think "whyyyyy???".
3. Don't worry "too" much about carbs/fats/sugars to start with, as long as you are in deficit. I love my carbs and still eat loads.
4. Identify your craving times (at night in front of the tv etc) and make sure you have some calories to allow for a snack.
5. Eat as much unprocessed food as you can. Cooking from scratch is always best when possible.
6. Plan. Like Littlemissnaughty, I have meals planned out a week in advance. I have one of those menu boards in my kitchen with it all written out.
7. Life is for living. One bad meal is NOT going to wreck everything. I went out for pizza last weekend and still lost weight this week. It's all about balance. ONE meal. Don't let it spiral into a bad day, a bad week etc.
8. Straight talking motivation. The one thing that has helped me most is a fitness instructor I follow on FB. He is the main reason I switched to calorie counting. He's crude, foul-mouthed but completely straight-talking and says it like it is, with no bulls**t. I absolutely love him. He does regular live Q&A's too, which are usually really good. https://www.facebook.com/JamesSmithPT/

Good luck! :)

In my life I've been on more diets and "weight loss fads" than you can imagine. Calorie counting is literally the ONLY thing that has been easy, reliable and effective. I've lost 2 and a half stone since December. It would have been a fair bit more but . . . Christmas! :rolleyes:

The things I've found important:

1. MyFitnessPal. I literally couldn't do it without this fantastic app.
2. Start on higher calories so you have room to drop if you plateau. You're on 1500 I see so I think you're good. I'm currently on 1600 and still losing comfortably but I like knowing I have room to drop. I see people starting on 1000 calories and I think "whyyyyy???".
3. Don't worry "too" much about carbs/fats/sugars to start with, as long as you are in deficit. I love my carbs and still eat loads.
4. Identify your craving times (at night in front of the tv etc) and make sure you have some calories to allow for a snack.
5. Eat as much unprocessed food as you can. Cooking from scratch is always best when possible.
6. Plan. Like Littlemissnaughty, I have meals planned out a week in advance. I have one of those menu boards in my kitchen with it all written out.
7. Life is for living. One bad meal is NOT going to wreck everything. I went out for pizza last weekend and still lost weight this week. It's all about balance. ONE meal. Don't let it spiral into a bad day, a bad week etc.
8. Straight talking motivation. The one thing that has helped me most is a fitness instructor I follow on FB. He is the main reason I switched to calorie counting. He's crude, foul-mouthed but completely straight-talking and says it like it is, with no bulls**t. I absolutely love him. He does regular live Q&A's too, which are usually really good. https://www.facebook.com/JamesSmithPT/

Good luck! :)
Hi How many calories are you on, do you follow mfp recommended. I looked at this and i should be on 1200 but i think this is too low, what do you think x

Hello, I’ve just began Calorie counting in the hope something will finally work for me
I’m well prepared!
I need to lose 5st
I’m going to try eating around 1500 calories a day but is there anything else I need to do? Keep eye on carbs? Sugars etc?
Would love to hear from people who have done this a while and those like me just starting
Thank you for reading
R x[/QUO

I’m well prepared!
I need to lose 5st
Thank you for reading
R x

hi there. I have done 10 days calorie counting and have lost the 3 lbs I put on doing sw. I put my what i eat into my fitness pal and this keeps me accountable.
I am going to weigh in on mondays so i don t over eat at weekends. Well done to everyone on their losses
Faye

hi there. I have done 10 days calorie counting and have lost the 3 lbs I put on doing sw. I put my what i eat into my fitness pal and this keeps me accountable.
I am going to weigh in on mondays so i don t over eat at weekends. Well done to everyone on their losses
Faye

Well done hun.
Have you got a Calorie Counting diary on here?

Back