Calorie Counting Newbie

Rachmagl

Hey :)

Ive been reading the forum for a while and finally plucked up the courage to register, hopefully i'll be able to get some good hints and even better support, as my diets seem to fail as soon as they have began.

I'm 24, and my downfall is..i still live at home, with my parents doing the shopping i pretty much just eat whats on offer here, but ive decided now is the time to lose weight properly after many failed attempts.

One struggle i do have however, is that i have back problems at the moment due to trapped nerves and a prolapsed disc (boo :() and am unable to excersize. Also... my mum doesnt believe in scales (because shes mad obviously haha) and i have to just go on how healthy i feel and how i look.

Im aware that im currently about 13st, it's not the heaviest ive ever been, but it's heavier than i want to be. Im 5'10 so i guess its not too bad, but i would like to lose roughly a stone for summer. I failed last night by having chinese though, it's amazing how hard it is to find out how many calories are in a chinese takeaway.

Anyway, enough of the ranting. I hope i can use this forum to its full potential, and i look forward to reading all the success stories and probably asking for a little help.

Cheers,

Rachael.

Hello and welcome,
I'm sure you can do it
and don't worry to much about the chinese
as my old dad always says to me how often
do you spot a fat chinaman
icon_lol.gif

Haha my downfalls are curries! Got the shock of my life watching 'My Big Fat Diet Show' to see how much (or little) curry and rice there is for 100cals!!! I must consume my daily allowance in one take away! Taste damn good though! :)

I too have the same problem with parents and their cooking (never knock someone cooking for me though)

I've only been on here a couple of days and the support and chats are great!

Good luck x

Hi Rach, Im new on here too and also calorie counting. Im a sucker for the take aways too, been trying to research whats the lowest kcal option if I do get the urge! I'm going to have a treat every week I lose though so that will be my incentive.

Good luck!

Haha my downfalls are curries! Got the shock of my life watching 'My Big Fat Diet Show' to see how much (or little) curry and rice there is for 100cals!!! I must consume my daily allowance in one take away! Taste damn good though! :)

I too have the same problem with parents and their cooking (never knock someone cooking for me though)

I've only been on here a couple of days and the support and chats are great!

Good luck x

Tell me about it, my big fat diet show made me want to cry a little inside. The amount of anything you get for 100 calories is shocking!

I failed epicly over the weekend. Time to try again. Thanks for all your kind replies!

Rach xx

Back