calorie restriction while pregnant?

assj

Silver Member
hi, i wondered if anyone can help me with this, i am currently on a calorie controlled plan, so far i have lost almost 2 stone and after i have lost another couple me and my oh are going to try for another baby, i am just wondering whether i can carry on with calorie restriction when i get pregnant? as even when i have lost another couple of stone i will still be very overweight.

Calories need to increase by 300 a day when pregnant.
So No..
BUT as said already Slimming world is acceptable as you can eat calories that are low fat / healthy.

If you want to get to goal.. then I'd wait on the baby front if you can. Or take it on the chin that you've done well and it'll help you conceive but will have work left to do afterwards. ((hugs))

Like a PP said, in the latter stages of pregnancy you need an extra 300 cals per day, the baby puts on weight like you wouldn't believe in those last weeks! I personally wouldn't feel comfortable restricting calories when pregnant. I would continue to eat as healthily as possible, but totally put calorie counting to the back of my mind.

Good to know that SW is OK for pregnant ladies, just in case I ever have the desire to have another!

thanks for the replies, i suppose i wouldnt need to cal count then, as long as i eat as healthily as possible and make sure i am eating loads of nutritious food and not eat chocolate and chips all the time like i did with my 1st (hence i put on 4 stone) i should be okay? i am young enough to wait i spose but i never really wanted a large age gap between my children if you know what i mean, if i lose another 3 stone i will be the same weight as when i fell preg with my daughter, so dont mind stopping there for a while to have a baby. my last pregnancy was fine amd smoothe even though i was large, there were a few grunts from medical officials, but tbh the were more bothered about me being only 18 (dont know why as i did excellent throughout my preg and my labour and am a good mum, age has nothing to do with it). oooo i am starting to ramble lol thanks again.

purplehugs i see you are due in december, are you prepared for an xmas baby lol i was due 13th december with my dd, i went 10 days over and had her on xmas eve lol was the best day ever, not soo good if you work in a shop though i have just got a new job which requires me to work xmas eve and i have already booked us to go to safari park for my dd's 2nd birthday, so i certainly wont be working lol they will have to do without me and if they cant i dont care stuff em my little girl comes first he he he

lol yes I am prepared for an xmas baby.. have had 3 dates so far ranging from the 20th to the 24th.. I went 5 days over with my eldest.. so we'll see! lol Though my MW tried warning me to be ready early this week as I'm measuring 2 weeks ahead (which is quite normal so i just laughed at her and reassured her my DD was long for my height).
We'll see.. but xmas shopping is almost finished! lol
Hope you enjoy your little ones birthday 2 is a lovely age as they're so 'into' it all.

Back