Calorie Surprises

Pom bear crisps are lower in calories than walker lights, and in my opinion taste better :)

Think its about 90 cals, not too sure as I don't eat them much but I know there less that walkers light which I was shocked about xx

Has anyone substituted rice with cauliflower rice? I'm amazed as personally there's hardly any difference in taste and texture and it's only 66 calories per whole head of cauli, which does me about 4/5 meals. I saw it on a post months ago and steered clear as I didn't fancy it at all, it sounded so strange. I gave it a go 2 weeks ago and was absolutely amazed. I'm saving shed loads of calories on replacing rice, potatoes and pasta with this new found food source! Give it a go ladies and gents, I wish I'd done it ages ago. It's very low carb and fat and full of vitamin c, plus loads of other great nutrients. It's great fibre and fills you up for ages without the sugar crash you get with other carbs. I'm a bit obsessed about it and telling anyone who'll listen!! lol
x

Last edited:
Tracey1000 said:
Has anyone substituted rice with cauliflower rice? I'm amazed as personally there's hardly any difference in taste and texture and it's only 66 calories per whole head of cauli, which does me about 4/5 meals. I saw it on a post months ago and steered clear as I didn't fancy it at all, it sounded so strange. I gave it a go 2 weeks ago and was absolutely amazed. I'm saving shed loads of calories on replacing rice, potatoes and pasta with this new found food source! Give it a go ladies, I wish I'd done it ages ago. It's very low carb and fat and full of vitamin c, plus loads of other great nutrients. It's great fibre and fills you up for ages without the sugar crash you get with other carbs. I'm a bit obsessed about it and telling anyone who'll listen!! lol
x

How do u make/cook it? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Donzy84

Cut your cauli into florets and use a food processor to blitz it, you can either the straight chopper blade (that sits in the bottom) or feed it thorough the grater attachment at the top, both work fine. Pulse/chop it until it resembles rice - it takes seconds to do. Then put it in a microwavable bowl with lid but no water. Cook it in the microwave for 4 to 5 minutes and that's it. You can add a bit of salt if you like but I don't do this as I'm trying to cut back on sodium. I haven't tried this yet but you can also fry it with a diced onion in a frying pan - as this method uses butter I go for the microwave option to save calories. You can add spices to your taste too. I leave mine plain and make my sauces thinner to mop up the cauli rice.

The first time I did it I had it with low calorie chilli sauce and made the sauce a bit thinner then usual. It was gorgeous - I still can't believe it as carbs were a weakness for me when trying to lose weight. You can even use it in stir-frys and also make cauliflower mash as a substitute for potato mash which I'm going to try at the weekend. There are loads of videos on youtube that show you how to do it also.

x

I've always read about it but been wary to try it. Might give it a go one daay :)

Bostik, I was exactly the same. I saw cauliflower rice online months ago and was wary too. I thought it was a really strange idea and couldn't imagine it working as a substitute, so never bothered trying it until 2 weeks ago. You'll be amazed. I still can't believe it, finding out about it is like a little miracle for me as I usually miss carbs when trying to lose weight. Now I don't miss potatoes and rice at all (sad, eh?) lol

Don't do what I did - be brave and give it a go. It so easy to make too!

Tracey1000 said:
Bostik, I was exactly the same. I saw cauliflower rice online months ago and was wary too. I thought it was a really strange idea and couldn't imagine it working as a substitute, so never bothered trying it until 2 weeks ago. You'll be amazed. I still can't believe it, finding out about it is like a little miracle for me as I usually miss carbs when trying to lose weight. Now I don't miss potatoes and rice at all (sad, eh?) lol

Don't do what I did - be brave and give it a go. It so easy to make too!

Tried it tonight with some pilau spices was very nice xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back