Calories for "maintaining"

For general terms i was always told drink to thirst.

But if you want to lose weight and/or get rid of water retention then the more you drink the better

That's the key, I was recommending so much as you were asking for advice that may have boiled down to a water retention problem. The more you drink the quicker the water retention goes.

Also remember if you are cutting your calories you will be consuming less water from food.

Everyone is different but from everyone I know who has lost weight all say they needed to drink lots and I know that if you have water retention drinking lots if water gets rid of it.

I know it would have taken me longer to lose over 100lbs if I didn't drink as much as I do (weeks where I drank less I lost less) and I know from maintaining for nearly a year that if I have water retention from a take away or meal out I have to drink 3 litres a day until it's gone (usually within 2 days) or it takes ages to shift.

Everyone is different and everyone has different needs but if you ever think you may have water retention from sodium drinking lots of water is definitely the way to go.

Back