calories to maintain weight

Pheonix2010

Silver Member
Ive been on a few calculators this morning and have had very confusing info

the calories needed to maintain my weight of 153lb varies from 1350 to 2086 per day

a massive difference I think you will agree

So where would I get a definitive answer

Ive entered the same weight height age and activity level in each one , so really they should all be working to the same equations and give at least a similar result

Help !!

I think the only definitive answer would be to experiment yourself. Try eating a certain amount for a few days and see what happens to your weight.
I think it all depends on each of us individually and how active we are in the day etc.

Not much help though, sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Did u put that ur female, as men need more cals so maybe that's where the difference is.

Maybe start on about 1400 and see how u feel then maybe add 100 extra each fortnight until u gain then go back 100, u know that's your point where u can maintain :)

Hope that makes sense, good luck in maintaining :)

Catlouise83 said:
Did u put that ur female, as men need more cals so maybe that's where the difference is.

Maybe start on about 1400 and see how u feel then maybe add 100 extra each fortnight until u gain then go back 100, u know that's your point where u can maintain :)

Hope that makes sense, good luck in maintaining :)

1350 is low. The other figure looks more likely to be right. When I was being careful the other week before starting this I was eating 1500 and that was being pretty careful.!

Slim and Save will provide a personalised re-feeding plan at the end. I wonder whether it includes finding the amount that you can eat and maintain?

yeah put female , age, height , weight, activity level ... everything , they just all give such different values

Hiya,

It could just be one is without your activity (i.e. Your BMR) and the other is with? - although 1350 is a bit low as a BMR - did you put in your goal weigh or current weight?

I know my BMR is 1405 for my weight of 139lbs and with activity (so, to maintain) I should eat 1686. This is for my sedentary lifestyle :p

Sedentary activity = BMR x 1.2
Lightly active = BMR x 1.375
Moderately active = BMR x 1.55
Very active = BMR x 1.725
Extremely active = BMR x 1.9

I always put sedentary , cus of my lazy bum lol
might have to do it the hard way and work it out myself from my bmr
I used my current weight

Back