Calories?

Hamu

How many should I have as a adult female? and did you find counting calories work or did a diet like slimming world or weight watchers makes it simpilar for you?

I think I'm going to try slimming world again but I didn't lose much on that diet with out excercise.

As far as calorie counting and does it work go, the answer from my perspective is a resounding 'yes!'

I started calorie counting at the beginning of December, and have lost almost 2.5 stones since then (hopefully by the end of this week). I'm delighted with that and planning on continuing to lose weight this way.

It also gives me a firm grip when I do reach target weight and I'm a lot more aware of what I'm eating. I think it's unlikely I'll put the weight back on once it's gone, as long as I keep an eye on it and adjust calories where necessary.

I like it as I can really eat what I'd like as long as I balance things out!

As far as calorie counting and does it work go, the answer from my perspective is a resounding 'yes!'

I started calorie counting at the beginning of December, and have lost almost 2.5 stones since then (hopefully by the end of this week). I'm delighted with that and planning on continuing to lose weight this way.

It also gives me a firm grip when I do reach target weight and I'm a lot more aware of what I'm eating. I think it's unlikely I'll put the weight back on once it's gone, as long as I keep an eye on it and adjust calories where necessary.

I like it as I can really eat what I'd like as long as I balance things out!

Totally relate to this! I have lost roughly 30 pounds since October and gone down 2 dress sizes by monitoring calorie intake. I was about the same weight as The Moog to start with too. :)

I can't say it is any better or worse than other diets really. Only that it DOES work. I think the trick to weight loss is picking a diet and sticking with it! Calorie Counting is great for allowing you to eat the things you like in a controlled, moderated way.

I personally find that calorie counting is a great way to lose weight, but sometimes it's not as good because it doesn't allow you the flexibility to have something without limits in case you're still hungry. I like the flexibility of Weight Watchers: I have lost 84 lbs with it and kept it off for nearly a year now. I eat loads (literally!) I don't give up going out or social gatherings, but I still maintain my weight really well. Even not at Christmas time I have gone over my goal of 8st 9lbs.

The new propoints plan weights calories differently depending on how much hard work does your body to break down the nutrients in the food you eat, so it encourages you to eat more healthily, e.g. more fruit and vegetables, which are almost always 0 points, and less points for the same calories when the food contains more proteins and less carbs, as your body works harder to break down proteins so the calories you actually ABSORB of the protein-rich food are less than those of the carb-rich food.

Also, remembering single figure numbers or early teens numbers is easier for your mind than hundreds or thousands, so remembering for example that a food has a 6 points value is easier than thinking that it has 283 calories.

Back