Calories

2hourglass

Silver Member
Here's a thought...whilst we are on LT we are restricted to 400 cal a day plus water etc etc. So when refeed and maintenence happens and then ultimately one is 'let loose' to control your own eating - does anyone still consider good old fashioned calories. The reason I ask is that you could follow a low fat, low carb, high protein, GI, etc etc ongoing eating plan but whats stopping you eating more calories than you actually need and thereby put on weight. Do any of them take cals into consideration too ?? Lets face it too many Cals in and not enough out is basic maths and how we all got fat in the first place - :sigh::sigh:

Hiya hun

Yep I do, I don't follow any diet or restrict any food just count calories.

Gxx

Porgeous, you look fantastic in your before and after pics. i just have to say.

Hiya hun

Yep I do, I don't follow any diet or restrict any food just count calories.

Gxx

I think ultimately we have to keep our eyes on the basics of weight gain/loss - you do right and it seems to work for you xx

I think ultimately we have to keep our eyes on the basics of weight gain/loss - you do right and it seems to work for you xx

I think I had the same thoughts as you with other eating plans... what's to stop you overeating on them, even if you are eating 100% healthy foods if the maths don't add up you will still gain weight. Calorie counting also gives the freedom to have whatever you fancy.

xx

Hi hun i watch cals too however i fine low fat is more the key for me! For my height/weight i can have upto about 2000 cals but cant take too much fat! If you dont put fat in you wont gain any xxx

Porgeous and traceyj you both look great Porgeous your be4 and after pictures are great. ok i am no where near to finishing the ltt but i must say i am gonna have to cos i never wanna be this unhappy again and not being able to go swimming with my kids cos i am worried about my weight and that people will look me. i am not going through this just to regain it all again NO WAY!:)

Youre right madhouse, i felt exactly the same!! Now i can do anything with my little girl including swimming..ish lol xx

I plan on going low cal using nutracheck to keep track of what i eat for the first few weeks, but that doesnt stop you following the principles of low fat and low GI also but to follow something like a slimming world red day pattern would be bad because how many times have people been told oooooooo on a red day you can eat a whole chicken if you want yeah and eat about 2000 extra calories lol

i cant wait to do that i tort all kids to ride a bike without stabalisers but love to help teach them to swim xx

Porgeous and traceyj you both look great Porgeous your be4 and after pictures are great. ok i am no where near to finishing the ltt but i must say i am gonna have to cos i never wanna be this unhappy again and not being able to go swimming with my kids cos i am worried about my weight and that people will look me. i am not going through this just to regain it all again NO WAY!:)

You will get there hun and it will so be worth it xx

I plan on going low cal using nutracheck to keep track of what i eat for the first few weeks, but that doesnt stop you following the principles of low fat and low GI also but to follow something like a slimming world red day pattern would be bad because how many times have people been told oooooooo on a red day you can eat a whole chicken if you want yeah and eat about 2000 extra calories lol

My point exactly;)

Yeah hun you def will get there! And its the best feeling in the world xx

thank you tracey i cant wait to have the great feeling like you have. xx

You will honey, not that maintaining is easy but looking in the mirroe and liking what you see helps! Im off now hun best of luck xxx

Back