Cambridge and eating disorders

MaxieP

Hi,

Just need some advice. Have history of the above and did CD few years ago and lost 5 stone. However, due to various traumas I put it all back on.

I know why I have, it's nothing to do with liking food, more to do with eating to numb pain and change how I am feeling in stressful situations.

Ideally I would like never to have to eat again. But, as I do, I'm not sure CD is making it better (I'm much more aware of my issues than I was before). I keep trying and then failing because I have eaten a couple of things and having a full breakdown.

I don't know if I would be better to have some shakes and a 'healthy' evening meal so I don't permanently feel so deprived and in my breakdowns eat so much.

Everything is such a mess. I just don't think I can bear ss, 3 shakes and a cheese salad seems bearable!

Please help, I have no idea what to do!

Maxie x

Umm, well, strictly speaking if you have a recognised eating disorder, you aren't supposed to be on Cambridge.

But lets imagine you haven't. It certainly sounds like you would do better on a higher plan. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. They are very good and I've heard of fab weight losses even on the 1200 plan.

I know some people who have only ever done this plan.

People often think cambridge is just shakes, but it's so much more than that. It's very flexible, and as a consultant my job would be to find the right plan for the client, not necessarily the lowest plan.

Consider 1200. Give it a go, and then either stick with it, or at a later date decide if you want to gradually go down bit by bit. Don't force it though. Don't think that in some way it's cheating or taking the easy way out. It's just finding the right plan for you, because you wont succeed unless you get that bit right.

Best of luck :)

Hi,

Just need some advice. Have history of the above and did CD few years ago and lost 5 stone. However, due to various traumas I put it all back on.

I know why I have, it's nothing to do with liking food, more to do with eating to numb pain and change how I am feeling in stressful situations.

Ideally I would like never to have to eat again. But, as I do, I'm not sure CD is making it better (I'm much more aware of my issues than I was before). I keep trying and then failing because I have eaten a couple of things and having a full breakdown.

I don't know if I would be better to have some shakes and a 'healthy' evening meal so I don't permanently feel so deprived and in my breakdowns eat so much.

Everything is such a mess. I just don't think I can bear ss, 3 shakes and a cheese salad seems bearable!

Please help, I have no idea what to do!

Maxie x

Everything you've said sounds exactly like me. I've come to loathe food - theres no pleasure in it at all - just numbing of pain.

I am considering doing cambridge again (well using up my 5 weeks of lighter life and the doing cd).

Its much easier to have an evening meal I think - Especially if it is not your first time. Its much less severe to try to have to go back to normal eating then aswell.

Thanks both. I may try a higher plan, in some ways it's easier not to eat but things are stressful right now (moving house, may lose job, boys just diagnosed with incurable disease) I may be asking a lot to ss straight away. Then when I try and I can't I feel like a disaster and we all know what that leads to!

I hadn't thought about one of the other plans, hopefully it'll be more sustainable. I think the fact that before I lost the weight with just one flavour, which makes the whole thing feel just so much more daunting!

Thanks again,

Maxie x

Hi Maxie, I hope you found the right plan for you.

If I'm honest, I can't cope with the severity of SS, I, like you, end up binging or cheating and then feel terrible, so I go with SS+ and apply this loosely, eg I have the 3 CD products a day and a chicken salad / tuna salad / egg salad .....I don't weigh it all out religiously I just try and stick to smaller portions than I normally would and it's working for me.

I'm losing weight and feeling great! If I "need" to eat, I go with a slimming world red day / healthy atkins approach and avoid anything with too much carbs in (no more than 20g a day like on the atkins induction stage) and this helps me stay in ketosis so I know even though I'm eating I'm still burning fat.

Good luck hun xxxx

Back