Cambridge bars in first week on ss+

Rosebud

I know bars are not allowed till 2nd or 3rd week but just wanted to find out if anyone had them in their first week and what the outcome was. Anyone had a good weight lose with bars in the first week?

I waited until my third week before I tried.
I was very excited about having the bars, but after trying 3, I have decided they are disgusting, and not tried anymore.
I have mainly shakes now, and find there are plenty of flavours to keep me satisfied

I think the idea behind not allowing bars in the first week is mostly about the chewing, that it can trigger your stomach to produce acid and make you feel hungrier, which will in turn make your life more difficult in the long run. Maybe they think 3 weeks down the line you may have more will power?

It could also be something much more complex that I have no idea about :p all i know is they also advise not chewing gum also.

Bars are slightly more cals and have a higher carb count. They're restricted to allow you the optimum chance of getting into ketosis. For some people bars can really slow weight loss down.

Hi
I started on my 3rd week on Tuesday and bought a large supply of the bars, tomorrow im taking them back to swap for shakes. You have to have 2 bars a day 1 being the lemon bar, I didn't like them and they have made my stomach swell up and made me very gassie :p lol not good.
I lost 7lbs my 1st week and 7lbs my 2nd week.
Cant wait for tomorrow to go back on the shakes.
I suppose the bars suit different people, definitely not me though.
Good luck with you CD journey.

I had the lemon bars after 10 days as I was really struggling with just the shakes and they've not affected my losses. Week 2 weigh in I lost 6lbs. My consultant said try to make it 2 weeks if you can though x

Back