cambridge bars vs Adkins bars

what else is the main factor - can't get my head around this carbs/net carbs business.
have compared an adkins to a cranberry crunch cambridge.

anyone else have an adkins or other bar instead of cambridge

Atkins

Kcal 207
Protein 18g
Carbohydrates 16g – 3.1g net carbs
Fat 9.4g of which saturates 5g
Fibre 9.6g,
Sodium 0.19g

Cambridge

kcal 174
Protein 12.4g
Carbohydrate 15.1g - of which sugars 10.8g
polyols 1.1g
starch 1.3g
Fat 5.8g of which saturates 3.3g
Fibre 7.2g
Sodium 0.2g

Atkins bars are yummy and if you can stp at one, well done. I have never wanted more than on CD..atkins bar do have vitamins and minerals , alot depends on how deeply you are in ketosis , I doubt if one bar will take you out, but they are more-ish.

some use them as a snack some use them as a meal replacement.But then I see CD bars as a snack .they don't feel meal-like to me.

I have tried in the past other bars instead of CDs but they are alot smaller and dont seem to satisfy me.

However the atkins are only 3.1 net carbs where as the cranberry is 6.8 net carbs, so in effect you can have 2 atkins bars, but then you start playing with the vlcd and it becomes just a lcd depends what you want to do?

The "larger"Atkins bars are meal replacements, not snacks. But, they do make snack ones, too.

I buy those for my husband, but I prefer the South Beach Bars (which may not be available in the UK). They are meal replacements -- and like the UK Cambridge bars they have maltitol but it must not be as much, as they do not make me ill.

Serving Size: One Bar (50g)

Total Fat: 6g
Saturated Fat 2.5g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1.5g
Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g
Cholesteral 0g
Sodium 300mg
Potassium 70mg
Total Carbohydrate 25g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugars 5g
Sugar Alcohol 10g
Protein 12g

And it has the quantities of vitamins and minerals that most of the CD products do.

I find the SB bars much more edible and filling. They are lower than the Atkins Bars for protein, but as I am 5'4" I seem to do fine with these. The UK cambridge bars (some not all) made me ill, and all had a very chemical aftertaste.

MM

Last edited:
I think in order to get net carbs -- you Subtract Sugar Alcohol and Dietary Fiber from the total carbs.

So, for the South Beach Bars 25 - 4 - 10 = 11 Net Carbs.

I absolutely LOVE the Atkins snack bars. The chocolate ones with crispy bits in are devine. Haven't had one since I was on Tony Ferguson! Yummmmmy.

Atkins bars should keep you in ketosis. Atkins is a ketogenic diet.

I had a meal one today the chocolate brownie one and I snack one at lunch oh my god! The meal one filled me up and re chocolate one mmm I felt like I was cheating!

Hi Kimmie --

You've had two bars with no side effects? I'd be ill.

MM

Bit if wind lol but nope. Cd bars make me really poorly if I have to many. Got bait cramps ATM but im on so could be that ;(

Back