Cambridge Bars

CLUCKS

Little question - I have previously done LL just couldnt afford the weekly costs etc :confused: . BUT I found that I could cook the lemon and toffee bars into nice little biscuits:) . I have only tried the peanut crunch and the choc CD bars which are both lovely but not cooked:( ??? Do the CD bars not heat up as well etc? ? ? ?
Thanks
Clare

Cookies

Ingredients :
1 VLCD Bar
Utensils :
1 Small share knife
3 Medium sized microwaveable plates (somewhere between a side plate and a dinner plate)
1 Fish Slice / Plastic Slicer
Method :
Take your VLCD bar, ideally from the fridge, and remove and discard wrapper.
Using the sharp knife, cut the bar into 12 evenly sized pieces. Place all 12 sections on one of the plates.
Position 3 of the piece on a further plate, evenly space as photo.
resserver.php

Pop this plate into a microwave oven on cook for 60 seconds in an 800w microwave oven.
Meanwhile, arrange a further 3 pieces on a new plated (This routine gives you two played on which to cook the biscuits and one plate on which they can cool.)
When the first batch of three biscuits has cooked it should look like below.
resserver.php

When these have cooked use the fish slice to remove them from the hot plate and then flip them over to cool on your cold plate. Turning them over to cool is vital for some reason.
Put the next batch of 3 pieces into the oven, and use the first plate to position the next 3 slices.
Continue this routine until all 12 pieces of the VLCD bar have been cooked in batches of 3 and transferred to your cooling plate.
The final 12 should resemble this
resserver.php

Finally allow the cookies to fully cool as they go crunchy and last longer.
These can then be stored in zip-lock bags and used for eating when out and about and works very well. They are far more portable then shakes or soups and doesn't excite any comment if people see you eating them in public.
Please note this recipe and photos were kindly supplied by Cleo from the Discovery Health & Leisure Forums and I thank her for them :)
PLEASE NOTE : A couple of people have mailed me to say they have burnt the biscuits and they started smoking after 30 seconds, therefore I strongly recommend you "know" your own microwave and reduce the time to start with and build up to the time as all microwaves are different. Also these must be done in a microwave with a turntable otherwise they will burn within 10 seconds.

I've never tried this as I love the bars as they are.

Anyone know if it's worth trying?

I always cooked the LL bars - but the CD one's that I have tried peanut crunch & choc have not cooked well at all???

I haven't cooked the peanut one as I don't it would make a nice biscuit but I have made little biscuits out of the chocolate, choc toffee and choc orange ones and they are nice. I just cook them 15 secs at a time until they look like a little biscuits and then let them cool.

Back