Cambridge Diet Step 2 - what is your experience?

I have been on step 2 for 7 weeks and 3 days and have lost 39 pounds xx

That's amazing :O was it your first week on CD? Haha I only ask because I haven't had a loss like that since week 1

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thats great losses for step2! Im
Just nervous as iv been having a cheeky weigh in at home eeryday since i started step2 and the scales have not moved at all! Hopefully by my mon weigh in i would have lost something or else i will be quite disappointed!

hi guys im on step 2 im on day three today so far so good although ive been having sweetners in my tea up to three in a tea. ive had about 3 cups of tea or coffee a day. is this ok? i tired without on my first day but it felt really depressing even going with out sweet tea. should i still have it or not?
also i really need help on what im allowed for the meal. on the first day i had two egs with 80g of cucumber and lettuce, and yesterday i had those quorn roast chicken style pieces with aain cucumber and salad. not very exciting :( any one have any ideas?

For my meals I have mushroom omelette with about 40gm cottage cheese mixed in, tuna salad, or I mix half the cottage cheese allowance with half the tuna and mix in mushrooms and put in ramekins and bake for about 40 mins ( not to everyone's taste I'm sure but I find it really tasty and filling). X not sure about the sweetener x I think there may be a thread on here for other 810 meal ideas x

Hi everyone! I am also on step 2 and started yesterday ..... so hungry! lol I tried a stuffed mushroom with quark and a tuna salad yesterday (who knew mushroom's were so heavy!!!). My consultant said quark would be okay instead of cottage cheese but I am going to get some in. Love the sound of the mushroom omelette!! I am documenting my weight loss journey on my website to help keep me on check, so really really positive! I want to lose at least 3 stone by September / October so it was great to see that some of you are experiencing success with step 2. I look forward to sharing my success with you soon! Some amazing stories on here! :)

Hi jayjay I've been on step 2 since I started and have lost almost 3 stone. I was in Italy last week and put on a few lbs but I'm expecting them to have disappeared by weigh in tomorrow. Step 2 has been kind to me and you can def lose three stone by sept/oct on this step.

Hi everyone! I am also on step 2 and started yesterday ..... so hungry! lol I tried a stuffed mushroom with quark and a tuna salad yesterday (who knew mushroom's were so heavy!!!). My consultant said quark would be okay instead of cottage cheese but I am going to get some in. Love the sound of the mushroom omelette!!

I am documenting my weight loss journey on my website to help keep me on check, so really really positive! I want to lose at least 3 stone by September / October so it was great to see that some of you are experiencing success with step 2. I look forward to sharing my success with you soon! Some amazing stories on here!

:)

Hi Jayjay

I started Step 2 last Tuesday so am on day 10 today. It does become so much easier to the point that I don't feel hungry at all really now. I have such a sweet tooth and thought the hardest bit for me may be a lack of chocolate and sweets, but I haven't missed them at all. Saying that, I chose 21 packets of only choc mint shake for the week and that alone satisfied my chocolate needs last week lol

Have you tried the quiche recipe that's in the little book you get? I've been making double the quantity and cooking it in a flexible sandwich tin and then cutting it into 8 pieces, eating 4 and saving 4 slices for work the next day. I'm psychologically getting 4 pieces of quiche then and it's quite filling :)

Also, I didn't think I would cope with drinking even a mouthful of tap water as I do have a really sweet tooth usually, so just filled up old 500ml juice bottles and numbered them 1 -5 and found that easier, also drinking the water straight from the tap at that temperature rather than chilling it was easier too. We're all different, and what works for one doesn't necessarily work for everyone, but this is my experience so far on Step 2.

Good luck

Last edited:
Hi, I have started the Cambridge Diet step 2 yesterday (23rd June) I'm finding it ok, not too hungry, well not as much as I thought.

I'm struggling with the products! I've ordered two weeks worth of shakes, porridge and soups. Shakes seem ok however the soup and porridge I find not very pleasant and disappointed if this is holding me back .

I have stuck to it for two days religiously, and drinking three litres of water. I know it's only day two and I have not seen any movement on the scale, which being 21st I would expect there maybe be a pound difference especially with only eating 810cal.

I know it is still very early but a little demotivated.

Evening meals
1 - 80g of lettuce, green pepper, spring onion and cucumber with 240g of chicken and then a squeeze of lemon as dressing

2 - mushroom and spring onion omlette with pepper and parsley

X x

Hi Chels800

I started yesterday and have also had to start on step 2. I am currently 17.8 and so hoping for good losses. Maybe we can try to support each other?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Chels800

I started yesterday and I have also had to start on step 2 due to medical reasons.

I am currently 17.8 and so I am hoping for some good losses. Maybe we can try to support each other?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back