Cambridge diet

Just starting the Cambridge diet today. Tried the porridge this morning and it was disgusting lol. But the chocolate chewy bar was nice with a cup of tea. Anyone else doing this plan? I have about a stone and a half to lose.

Hi, I started the plan on Thursday 31st August so only just completed day 3. Going well so far fingers crossed I succeed. Yes I agree the porridge isn't the greatest. I love the chocolate shake though. May stick to shakes and bars as I ain't keen on the soup either. Thankfully there are a few flavours. How you getting on now? You finding it easier? Xx

hiya i started monday 27th aug, have a lot of weight to lose! i havent tried the porridges as i hate porridge, but have found the soups and shakes to be nice mostly! i didnt like the banana or strawberry shake as they tasted kind of yeasty. the chcolatey ones are good as shakes or as a nice hot chocolate! and i think all the soups are nice too. i'm doing sole source just having liquids - i dont want to try a bar and end up wanting food coz i'm chewing iykwim!

Im the same about the bars, unsure if it will sway me or not. May get one a week for treat purposes, ha! I need to get a blender as all my meals have been extremely lumpy, yummy!

I started my diet in may by joining rosemary Conley and a local boot camp and started off at 15 st 7.5lbs. 3 stone down now but hurt my wrist boxing at boot camp so out of the game for 6 weeks. Got 2 stone 8 pounds to lose. Dying to know what I will lose in 6 weeks, if a great amount I will continue until goal weight.

My friend lost 6 stone in 6 months a year ago and has gone up or down a few pound but has maintained her weight so here I am. Xx

oh no lumpy meals are NOT good!! i'm doing this diet because someone on my pregnancy forum is doin g it and has lost looooads so far! she's lost 3 and a half stone in 11 weeks!

Wow that's fantastic. Fingers crossed we all achieve such amazing results quickly. I'd be over the moon. I'm concerned my first week won't be a great loss though as 1) period, sorry tmi 2)already been losing weight since may but via different diet. I don't own scales and desperate to know if I've dropped anything.

Looking forward to riding this roller coaster with you all and sharing our ups and downs. Here here to support and positive thinking !! Xx

Hiya all
I started 3 weeks ago and did lighter life a year ago.
My absolute favourite though is the ready made chocolate velvet shake. Yummmmm. I also like the mango shake. I have a bar late in the evening- it seems like a treat which works well for me.

Good luck all xxx

Good morning wannabe,

Im going to buy a few of the ready made shakes this week, as lumpy shakes aren't going down to well even though the chic one I don't mind as it feels like I'm eating something, ha!

I have the mango shake and coconut as consultant said they were popular, haven't tried them yet. Will give mango a go today :)

How you finding Cambridge compared to lighter life? X

Hiya Dwyer2010

The only real difference between LL and CWP is the counselling- I guess that's what brings up the cost. I actually found the counselling a bit of a nightmare after a while. I just wanted to weigh, get my packs and go home. An hour and a half was just too much for me. I found the classes and group work quite condescending and the DVDs irritating and false.
However, saying all of that. It worked and it worked damn quick. 5 stones off in 3 months.
I like that with CWP I decide how long I talk to the consultant for and what about- its not all pre-determined.
The coconut shake is also nice but the mango one is so refreshing with crushed ice. :)
I have a really good consultant, she even told me how to make the food packs into muffins and crisps. Her motto is, whatever gets you through.

looking forward to sharing this journey with you xx

Hi, I am doing CD too. I'm on day 15 and can't believe I've managed to stick to it 100%! I lost 5lbs the first week and 3 the second and like you have a stone and a half to lose. I was kind of expecting to lose like 10lbs in the first week, but at 4ft11 that was probably a bit optimistic!! Hope things are going well for you! X

Back