Cambridge Sole Source Plus ?

thisisit120lbs

Hi Everyone,

I am new to Minimins but have been on and off CD for months. . . . .
I know the same question keeps coming up again and again. . . But I will ask this to those that are following the SS+ CD diet. I would like to know what are the losses on the SS+ diet? I have tried so hard to follow the SS diet and keep binge eating, I start the week off really well and then by day 2 or 3 I go into my binge then I say i'll start tomorrow and that tomorrow never comes.

I really really need to sort my weight issues out, my problem is I want this so badly but keep screwing it up, starting and stopping, starting and stopping. I've been procrastinating for months and I just cant stick to it.
I lost 2 stones last year but have put it all on again and I am back to my weight of 13.7 stones, I want to get down to 8.7 stones. I feel like I have wasted so much time being big and have really never had a chance to wear the sexy clothes that i have wished to wear. I've shut myself from alot of my friends as I can never fit into my clothes when its time to go out to events. When I lost 2 stones last year I was a totally different person and didnt have to have my hair so perfect, just because I have put on weight I feel as if I have to compensate for it and be so perfect.

I am off on holiday in 17 weeks and I really want to get to 9 stones using the SS+ programme + gym. Is this possible?

I am a big fan of spinning and usually burn 500 - 600 calories twice a week, if I were to continue excercising this way whilst using the SS+ diet does anyone know what my losses will be like?

Hiya!!:p
Hate to see a thread with no replies - :p but got to your other thread first and answered on it

Once again good luck with your journey!!;)

(BTW i did 4 shakes with milk for first 3 days and then went on to the 3 shakes with small meal thereafter!)

Wish i could back onto CD to lose the last stone though:rolleyes: Will power has vamoosed!

Hello and Welcome

Im also on SS+ started 12 days ago, and like you am a returner, it seems to be so much harder the 2nd time around, I had such high hopes though, too high, last time I lost 9lb in my first week, but this time only 5, although now im on 4 a day rather than 3.

I have also fell off the wagon a couple of times in the last 12 days, but what Im not prepared to do is feel guilty for it, and then think what the heck and eat more, Ive cheated, so what, back on it again immediately after, ive managed to loose 8lb in the 12 days, having had my 2nd weigh in tonight.

You said yourself that you are so desperate to loose the weight, you can do it, you will do it, just remember that holiday in 17 weeks, its why Im doing it, my hol is in 12 weeks.

If you can continue to excersise like you are then you need to be proud of yourself, as your loss should be really good, and on CD you will have more energy than ever to do it and keep it up.

Just keep picturing yourself in your beach wear as a much thinner person, think how that will feel?, then picture yourself as you are now in your beach wear, how does that feel? If its anything like me pretty crap.

I have so many lovely holiday clothes and non of them fit me now, so my aim is to get back into them again., I managed to maintain for the last 2 annual holidays, and it feels awful not being able to get into them now, so I will do it, and so will you, especially with the additional fitness classes, hats off to you.

Try keep yourself busy, or even come on here it does help. And think to yourself every time you do cheat then you are back at square one again, in terms of the pain of hunger and getting back into ketosis.

good luck, keep posting

Debs

You are allowed Quorn on ss+ limited to 200g of it.

Hope this helps

SS+ does work. I didn't think it would but it does. I have lost 22lbs in 5 weeks. I swim 3-4 times a week also. My plan is to get to the gym once I have lost a further 14lbs. So stick with it and keep that goal insight. Just be kind to yourself, stop beating yourself up and the binges will be easier to control

Is SS 3 shakes a day and SS+ when you have either have a 200kcal meal or 200mls skimmed milk??

Im confused!! I did cambridge last year and did SS where it was 3 shakes a day nothing else. Then i started this year and from what i took from my meeting with my new CDC was that for doing SS was that i could have... 3 shakes and 200mls of milk per day, but I'm getting confused!! i want to SS so does that mean i shouldn't be adding the milk??

If you're burning that many calories you may need to do 810 as you'd be burning off more than you're eating. Because I usually exercise I'm on 810 and it's brilliant. I'd look in to that if i were you as you won't be depriving yourself of food and the portions are only a little larger but satisfying.

SS is 3-4 shakes only,
SS plus is where you can add milk and small amount of protein and veg/salad.

Good luck guys xxx

Thanks sunshine! you cleared it up perfect for me! Now i've got to decide if i want to staying doing SS+ or move down to SS!!! decisions!!! Maybe i should wait until i get weighed on saturday and see how i get on having done SS+

Cx

No problem hun. I'd stay doing what you're doing till your weigh in and then talk it through with your CDC. Good luck xxx

SS = 3 CD meals a day (4 if you're male or tall)

SS+ Option 1 = 4 CD meals a day plus 200ml skimmed milk

SS+ Option 2 - 3 CD meals a day plus 200-calorie meal

(And you can mix the SS+ options.)

Just to clarify! :)

i've only been doing 3 shakes and not even 200mls of skimmed milk a day!! oops!!

thanks for clarifying for me!! xxxx

Back