Camp Hope

fillymum

synful soul
I have been watching the news and am in tears, so emotional.

The fourth miner came up in the tube to be greeted by his lovely wife and the president of Chile.

What an amazing achievement. What a brilliant feat of engineering.

4 down or rather up and 29 to go.

They were supposed to start bringing the first miner up around 11pm GMT so me & DS sat & watched, we just wanted to see the first one out. But about 12pm they said it would be two hours before they would be bringing him out:( I've just watched the video now & he looks amazing, so well.

It's brilliant news & so uplifting.;)

I was sat watching this morning with a cup of coffee and tears in my eyes - such brilliant news. lets hope they all get up saftely and back to thier loved ones x

It is pretty amazing.

Yes, it is uplifting. Such a wonderful feat.

I wonder what the aftermath will bring.

I'm still hooked on watching them being pulled out, its fantastic news for all concerned.

Credit to everyone involved and heres to the remaining men waiting to be rescued.

im hooked too...amazing!
been watching since 4am when the first came out.
i must have been destined to watch....we decided to watch the first before we went to bed last night,they said it would be hours so we went up to bed.
i then woke at around 4am for a wee and the radio(i sleep with radio on) said that the first was on way up...so i went down and put tv on about a minute before he came out and ive been watching ever since,minus the school runs and getting food although ive actually managed that in between them coming out,lol.

yes I'm blubbing to, the men look amazingly well, clean and tidy.
i don't know why i thought they would be dirty looking!
bless them, what a feeling it must be to see daylight again

I've seen them all come up too and i've cried at everyone. They say if there are no hitches the miners will be all out before the end of the day so they will be rescued on the 13/10/10 =33
I find it moving how much faith all these men have,

What an amazing achievement !!!

A big pat on the back must go to all concerned and to the Chilean government for never giving up on the. It must have cost millions.

I've found this very emotional too. Just goes to show what can be achieved when people are determined

its absolutely amazing, if that had been a film you would have said it was so over the top it could never happen.... what a wonderful end to a story of real life! (mind you, did feel for the chap who's wife & mistress were both there waiting :eek:)

its absolutely amazing, if that had been a film you would have said it was so over the top it could never happen.... what a wonderful end to a story of real life! (mind you, did feel for the chap who's wife & mistress were both there waiting :eek:)

I didnt see that one :eek:

The wife didn't turn up apparently she told press she wouldn't be there and wouldn't be watching, he must have known it would happen because he asked for the both to be there, His mistress came though!
Think it was a big mistake to watch it all, i'm blooming shattered!

Back