Camping!!!!!!!!!! WHY did I do it?

chunkychicken

Hi all,

Just returned from a short break camping in Dorset with my OH. Sounds lovely doesn't it???

And it might have been had we not had the WORST weather ever while we were there. Sunday night it was like sitting in a hurricane - (no joke). I haven't been that cold in as long as I can remember and I was not a happy Chicken. I was rubbish with my water and missed several packs and it showed in my weigh in (only 2.6lb this week). Still I didn't cheat - even though there was BBQs (on the only decent night) and various crisps and snacks around at all times - so I have to be proud of myself for that!

So back on track with getting all my packs in this week and making sure I get more than 4 litres of water in a day. I am only 4.6 pounds away from the 3 stone mark so hoping I can do that this week.

Was also seriously disheartened that not one of my OH's family (who haven't seen me since just before I started LL 2 months ago) noticed I had lost any weight. So i had to give myself a good talking to. The crooked thinking took over and my chatterbox was trying its best to convince me that if no one noticed then what was the point and I should have that tasty looking burger on the BBQ. But I won the battle and learnt a valuable lesson. I am doing this for me - and although some positive strokes would have been encouraging - they should not be and are not the reason I am doing this. I am doing this to improve my own quality of life - and if a bunch of skinny people don't notice that I have lost 2.5 stone in 5 weeks then sod em. So ner de ner ner.
(mature aren't I?)

Anyway - just wanted to share my fun and games.
Hope everyone is ok

Laura

Camping? In Dorset during the recent foul weather??

You deserve a flippin' medal for getting through that with your diet intact!
As for people not noticing ... maybe they did but didn't like to say anything for fear of upsetting you in some way. I remember before I started dieting and was at around 20st, someone at college said 'Have you lost weight?' I said I hadn't ... 'Oh - but you LOOK like you have' was the reply. I was mortified because I hadn't and looked as blimpy as I ever did and it only drew attention to me. Everyone around was looking at me and obviously forming their own opinions as to whether I DID or DIDN'T look like I'd lost weight ... aaaarrrrggg!

Comments will start coming very soon when it's so blatantly obvious you've lost loads of weight that they can't possibly NOT pass comment!

Well done on your achievement :)

Thanks Russiandoll - I was just looking at your progress pictures - you have done so amazingly well - you don't even look like the same person.

What amazing inspiration. Thanks for the advice - I never thought of it that way - maybe that explains it. But either way - I am sort of glad it happened. I was pinning all my success on what other people may say about me when they see me - and I think that was not the best way to look at it.

Cheers
Laura

Laura

Well done on getting through that - can imagine it was awful, so to get through it and stick to the plan is excellent, give yourself a big pat on the back.

As for your in laws, mine were exactly the same - none of them noticed until about 3 weeks ago. I don't know if they didn't actually 'see' me in the first place, if you know what I mean to notice that I'd gone down.

You just keep smiling because when they do realise then they'll realise big time :)

Cath

:party0038:Well done:clap: the people that didn't notice you had lost weight must have had mud in there eyes:rotflmao: but like you said sod them. You done brilliantly while you were away
greatweek.gif

Hi Laura, you've done so well. Congratulations on sticking to it while camping. That can't have been easy.

I was disappointed when I saw my in laws recently, they have rung me up every week to see how I was doing so they know how much I've lost. On the phone they were saying 'You must look sooo different.'

I saw them the other day, the first time since I started and they said nothing!! I took my fleece off despite the freezing cold and sat outside in my T shirt hoping for a comment, NOTHING.

I drank my black tea, saying, Oh look at me black tea, no cakes, blah blah blah and still NOTHING.

I couldn't do any more to get a comment other than choke it out of them. In the end I felt like I must still look the way I did. I was really despondent. But I went back and measured myself. I am definately not as large.

Who knows why they don't say anything. We'll just have to get our strokes somewhere else.

Well done again.
Claire

Hello CC. You are brilliant! I live in Dorset (Weymouth in fact) and I can vouch for the blinkin awful weather we have had recently. You poor thing! We had booked, with another family to go camping in Cheddar this week, but because of the forecast we wimped out. We have had some days out with the same family instead, as our holiday.

Yesterday was a killer for me. We went to see the yummy Mr Depp at the pictures, but I had no idea how long the film was and just COULD not leave a toilet break until the end. I felt really guilty about the row of poor souls I had to disturb on my to the loo! Then, the 8 of us went to the pub for dinner. Oh, how lovely that was, with all of them plates piled high & me with my bar and pints & pints of soda water :(

I think you did brilliantly to get by on your trip!! Well done & heres to sunnier holidays!

Hi Laura, you've done so well. Congratulations on sticking to it while camping. That can't have been easy.

I was disappointed when I saw my in laws recently, they have rung me up every week to see how I was doing so they know how much I've lost. On the phone they were saying 'You must look sooo different.'

I saw them the other day, the first time since I started and they said nothing!! I took my fleece off despite the freezing cold and sat outside in my T shirt hoping for a comment, NOTHING.

I drank my black tea, saying, Oh look at me black tea, no cakes, blah blah blah and still NOTHING.

I couldn't do any more to get a comment other than choke it out of them. In the end I felt like I must still look the way I did. I was really despondent. But I went back and measured myself. I am definately not as large.

Who knows why they don't say anything. We'll just have to get our strokes somewhere else.

Well done again.
Claire

JDI, I fully get tihs! My sister is the only person I know now who has not said a word about my (almost) 5 stone loss. She completely and utterly ignores the fact. I talked about this in group and my LLC said it has a lot more to say about my sister than me, and i bet its the same for your folks! (she stood there on Monday with people who actually did not recognise me, and those who said how great I looked & scowled!!!)

Keep it up!

Hi Sez, what you've said sort of fits in with my green eyed theory.
After I met them I was sorting through my paperwork I found a card adressed to me from my in law from 4 weeks ago (that my OH had opened and hadn't shown me!) saying 'Well done on your 1 stone 4lb loss. Don't get thinner than me.'

I think it explained it a bit :)

Well done on your loss!!!

Claire

You really do deserve a medal!!! I felt like eating in the cold weather and I was in my cosy home. Well done and keep remembering you are doing this for you and not the others. They probably did notice but just didn't like to say in case you were worried about them focussing on your weight. I had to lose about 3 1/2st before anyone apart from my husband noticed. Your time will come when you get non stop compliments. Sit tight - it's definately worth it!!!

4ubgcop.gif

Well done for sticking with it! I'm off to a music festival next week hope the weather will be ok :confused:. You're a better person than me sticking to LL through your camping trip, i doubt i'll be as good next week?

As for the people not noticing your weight loss.....S0d em! You now ou've done well & that's what really matters.

good luck with the rest of your journey....xxxx

Fuzzy
Enjoy Download! Please let me know how you get on - Glasto is looming for me and I'm gonna need a bit of inspiration on the camping, coping, mental fun festival front! :D

Chunky - sounds like a GREAT achievement on your camping trip. I'm agreeing with all of the mini's on the 'people noticing' issue.
Now that I'm 5st down, I'm getting a lot of attention, which is fine but sometimes can feel a little overwhelming. My sis is on WW's and will talk to me endlessly about losing 1st but has limited amounts of chat on my 5st loss.
Sibling rivalry is a funny old thing. And I still have some people in my life who've said absolutely nothing...it's all a bit odd, but I think well the people who have said nothing also said nothing when I was 5st heavier, so maybe they never will say anything!
Regardless, you will get to a tipping point where the majority of people will have lots to say! :D

Back