Green Days Can anybody advise...

Princess_Stevie

Gold Member
Hi all. I always stick to Extra Easy, as that's all I've ever known. However, I've just noticed that my food diary for today contains no meat at all, so is it technically a green day, rather than extra easy? Here's what I'm having/have had:

Breakfast:
- Apple, pineapple and strawberries
- 5 x Oat Bran (HExB)

Lunch:
- Speed soup
- Carrot sticks
- Greggs' natural yogurt with raspberry and granola (5.5 Syns)
- Rocky Road HiFi Light (3 Syns)

Dinner:
- Pasta with peppers, red onion, mushrooms and chopped tomatoes. Topped with cheese (HExA)

Other:
- 2 x Rocky Road HiFi Light (6 Syns)
- Cadbury Highlights Hot Chocolate (2 Syns)

If this is a green day, can I count the 2 HiFi Lights as my second HExB? Or have I totally got the wrong end of the stick? Any advice/explanation would be massively appreciated! Thanks in advance x

Yeah you could have them as a second HEB and also have some more milk or cheese for another HEA as well if you want

Oh, excellent! My first ever green day lol :) Thanks Donna! x

Yes - it's a green day - enjoy!

I'm definitely a green day covert, I can't believe I'd never tried them before now! I have another planned for tomorrow, I just love the extra HEx's :)

I was the same, didn't do them until I'd been on slimming world almost a year and once I'd tried them couldn't believe I'd not done them before. Had one today and I have one planned for tomorrow as well.

Look at me hun I lose consistently only ever had one maintain (unexplained mind!) And one gain and that was from my holiday! I mostly do green days. I've noticed a few times on your diary that there's no meat.

Have an experiment with meat free stuff, some of it is lovely!

teambailz said:
Hi princess what is the speed soup that you have had today also is it syn free and on what days please

Cheers Neil & Denise

If you search on the threads in the recipes section you'll find it. :)

Hi princess what is the speed soup that you have had today also is it syn free and on what days please

Cheers Neil & Denise

Hi Guys! Yes it's free on all plans as it's just free/superfree foods mixed together to make a soup. I made it using 1 tin of mixed bean salad, 1 tin of green lentils, 1 tin of baked beans, 2 tins of chopped tomatoes, 1 large onion, 1 red pepper, 2 yellow peppers, 2 leeks, 2 parsnips, 4 carrots, and a handful of split lentils. Add 2 stock cubes, salt and pepper, mixed herbs and cover with water. Cook for 20-30 minutes or until of of the vegetables are cooked, and then blitz.

Mind you, it makes an absolutely massive batch! So make sure you have lots of room in your fridge/freezer.

There are some gorgeous meat free products. I like the kievs and burgers from morrisons (4 syns and 1/2 syn) and I always eat meat free mince now as I prefer to it beef mince, would only buy extra lean mince now to make my own burgers.

There are some gorgeous meat free products. I like the kievs and burgers from morrisons (4 syns and 1/2 syn) and I always eat meat free mince now as I prefer to it beef mince, would only buy extra lean mince now to make my own burgers.

Think I will give some more of the meat free stuff a try. I like Quorn sausages, and don't mind Linda McCartneys sausages either. I once had a Quorn "chicken" fillet and it was so wobbly, it really put me off. And the mince type of stuff makes me gag too. That was a while ago though, so might give it another try, if I'm brave enough.

I found the asda meat free mince better when I first started trying meat free mince, but the asda near me stopped doing it and I've had quorn mince since and find its fine. The asda one is free but I think most other supermarket meat free mince has some syns (not much but you're better off checking to be sure) as long as your making something and adding lots of flavour to it yourself I think its okay. I wouldn't make something like savoury mince with it (but saying that I'm not a fan of savoury mince anyway)

The asda meat free mince suits me better. Don't wanna sound too disgusting but the quorn mince gives me wind lol the tesco one didn't agree either but the asda one is fine and its free!! The chicken nuggets and dippers (quorn) are 1/2 syn each and are lovely. My mam got me some southern style quorn strips ages ago they were in the freezer for a while I tried them one day and they were lush! 1 1/2 syns each but were lovely I havnt found them since though so if you do tell me where to buy them lol

Morrisons meat free kievs are only 4 syns and are lovely with slimming world chips and beans.

Havnt tried fillets and stuff not really fancied them but everyone says the sticky bbq quorn fillets are nice.

Ooh and if you go for sausages, the linda mcartney italian style are my faves 1/2 syn each and £1 in tesco right now. And their rosemary and red onion ones from asda are free and are also nice, especially on a sunday dinner with veg and gravy

Yes, I noticed the nuts! I love nuts, so just another reason why green days appeal to me. The choice is fantastic - why anybody chooses anything but Slimming World is beyond me!! :)

Hi, I've been trying to have more Green days too as when I joined SW I only did EE days at first, but was pleased to discover that you can have more HEBs on Green days - the only problem is when I start off having a Green day and then my boyfriend decides he doesn't want a veggie tea it throws my plans out and I have to syn it! (To be fair he is very good most of the time and cooks me SW meals and likes all the SW stuff I cook for him!)

Hiya!! I'm not sure how you can change that really.

You need to say....what are we having for tea tonight? Okay we are having vegetarian sausages? Right you can't change your mind as I have planned my day. Lol

To be honest I always have vegetarian sausages / burgers / steaks in freezer. So I usually have them and cook them next to OH meat version.

Might not be helpful advice. But once you plan a green day and eat 2 HEXBs and then if you change to meat there is no way around it other than to syn the extra HEXB you had.

P.s you can also have an extra HEXA if you wish.

Or to syn the meat, of course :)

Back