Can anyone explain?

Bethan

Hi I am 3 days into week 2 of restart (SS)and in week 1 I lost 14lb which I was extremly happy about but so far this week I STS for 2 days and today have put on 1.5lb despite being 100%. When I did CD before this never happened and I dont know what is going on. I know I really shouldn't weigh daily but it has been such a motivator to stick to SS 100% in the past.

Can anyone help and advise what is going on as I am having a serious motivation crisis?

Thank you

Bethan

The body does fluctuate in weight as hormones etc change body composition.

It's perfectly normal and nothing to stress about. You need to look at the trend.

Some people will advocate ditching the scales, or only weighing weekly, but I weighed daily and loved it. Just have to make peace with the scales :)

Sounds like you are doing fab :clap:

Well done :)

The fluctuations can be remarkable. I got weighed on Sat by CD counsellor and was 11:10, then I weighed more on my own scales on Monday. But now I've lost the 'extra' pounds plus more.
Think its all kind of factors, water retention, TOTM, constipation, time of the day - don't worry!

Thank you for your encouraging replies and yes today I dropped almost 3lb so you were right and I have told myself if I must weigh everyday then I must except that I wont have dropped everyday but it will happen and stop panicking.

Thanks again (a very relieved Bethan):D:D:D:D:D:D

Dont worry im also addicted to the scales ..its an awful cross to bear lol i used to never weigh but stupidly bought some scales one day (in july lol) and since then every bluddy day i weigh and it drives me mad!!

Your doing great keep it up!
x

Hi I am 3 days into week 2 of restart (SS)and in week 1 I lost 14lb which I was extremly happy about but so far this week I STS for 2 days and today have put on 1.5lb despite being 100%. When I did CD before this never happened and I dont know what is going on. I know I really shouldn't weigh daily but it has been such a motivator to stick to SS 100% in the past.

Can anyone help and advise what is going on as I am having a serious motivation crisis?

Thank you

Bethan

This mirrors exactly what happened to me when I restarted, but unfortunately I got so discouraged by it, I gave up ... AGAIN. Wish I didnt now. But I plan on restarting again soon (for the umpteenth time)Wana lose about between 3 - 5 stone by xmas so I better start soon :eek:

Back