Can anyone help me out?

healthykirstie

Hey,
I've been doing Slimming World but recently my friend has been doing WW and lost more weight yet eats nicer things. I don't mind SW but I do eat out a lot e.g. work lunchtimes, and I think WW would suit me better due to the large range of products freely available in shops tailored to the WW points system. However, until I go back to uni in late Sept I am absolutely skint and can't afford to join. So I was wondering, does anyone know how many points I should aim for a day? My friend says she's allowed 29 but she is overweight currently and I'm not so I presume mine would be lower? Also, I know fruit is free but what about veg? And how many points is skimmed milk? Wish I could afford to do this with the online/app systems but I just have no money at all until I get my loan :(

Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

Hi there! I just rejoined ww today I lost stone a half with ww before then went to sw last Sept and it just didn't suit me at all. To answer your question I think the majority of people are on 26 now but I don't have much to loose so I could be wrong, if u stick to between 26 abducted 29 u won't go wrong and u still have 49 extra propoints for the weekend or spread out during the week, u can't save points each day u must use the 26 or 29 up each day. Hope this helps a bit!

Hey

Ww is brilliant. Good for you for making the change!

All veg is free, except potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, peas, chick peas, olives, yams and corn (sweet corn, corn on the cob). Baby corn is free, however.
Oh and sundried tomatoes in oil - AVOID. The oil is a killer

Potatoes (1 med portion, 150g) 3pp
sweet potatoes (1 med portion, 150g) 4pp
parsnips (1 med, 90g) 2pp
peas (1 heaped tsp, 35g) 1pp
chick peas (cooked or canned, 1heaped tsp 35g) 1pp
sweet corn (1 med cob) 2pp (canned 2 tbsp 30g) 2pp
Olives (in brine 10, 30g) 1pp
Yam (1 med 100g) 3pp

Fruit to be wary of. Any fruit mix that is dried, ie apricots etc will have points in them due to added sugar as preservative.

Coconut (fresh 100g) 10pp
Currants (1 heaped tsp 25g) 2pp
Dates (dried 15g) 1pp
Figs (dried 22g) 1pp
Raisins (1 heaped tsp, 30g) 2pp
Sultanas (1 heaped tsp, 30g) 2pp

For your weight go with 26pp per day. And 49 weeklys to use to not to use. Very handy!

Hope this helped

Any advice Im happy to help. Have my wee booklets here :)

A kitchen scales and ww calculator from an app store are life savers and money savers.
Im a student also and the calculator is my bible! :)

Hey

Ww is brilliant. Good for you for making the change!

All veg is free, except potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, peas, chick peas, olives, yams and corn (sweet corn, corn on the cob). Baby corn is free, however.
Oh and sundried tomatoes in oil - AVOID. The oil is a killer

Potatoes (1 med portion, 150g) 3pp
sweet potatoes (1 med portion, 150g) 4pp
parsnips (1 med, 90g) 2pp
peas (1 heaped tsp, 35g) 1pp
chick peas (cooked or canned, 1heaped tsp 35g) 1pp
sweet corn (1 med cob) 2pp (canned 2 tbsp 30g) 2pp
Olives (in brine 10, 30g) 1pp
Yam (1 med 100g) 3pp

Fruit to be wary of. Any fruit mix that is dried, ie apricots etc will have points in them due to added sugar as preservative.

Coconut (fresh 100g) 10pp
Currants (1 heaped tsp 25g) 2pp
Dates (dried 15g) 1pp
Figs (dried 22g) 1pp
Raisins (1 heaped tsp, 30g) 2pp
Sultanas (1 heaped tsp, 30g) 2pp

For your weight go with 26pp per day. And 49 weeklys to use to not to use. Very handy!

Hope this helped

Any advice Im happy to help. Have my wee booklets here :)

Thanks so much, do you have a food diary I could subscribe to? which app do you have? :D xx

Thanks so much, do you have a food diary I could subscribe to? which app do you have? :D xx

Its called WWCalculator
Very basic, but does the job perfectly :)

I do but I cant find the link lol Im going to start a new one coz I had a good week :)

Will link you to it when its up!

Back