Can anyone help?

Greenockgal

Hi there, I'm just about to start on Weight Watchers, I've just done 5 months of Lighter Life and lost 5 stone, but I'm now at the stage where I don't think I can look at another pack without feeling ill!!:p

I'm due to go and see the class tomorrow, but what I'm not sure about is what is best for me - can anyone help? I've read up about the core plan and also the points - the points look a bit complicated to me, so I'm thinking along the lines of Core Plan - has anyone done core plan?:confused::confused:

Also, as I've been doing LL, will I still lose weight on WW? I want to lose another stone and a half, but but worried that if I start having 3 meals a day it might just all pile on!!!

Sorry for rambling, any hints, tips or otherwise will be gratefully received!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hello and welcome!!!!! Have to start congratulating you on your fabulous loss!! you have done fantastically well and should be so proud of yourself!

Ok, well Im probably not going to be much help because I have never done LL or the core plan but didnt want your post to go unanswered for a while!...

From the message boards here and what the girls and boys have said, you may put on a few pounds on your first week back eating "proper" food, after that you will definately loose with weight watchers!.

Its a brilliant diet, personally I couldnt recommend it - I would never have your discipline to do a vlcd cos I love my food waaay too much but, having done an vlcd yourself, I bet you will thrive on ww. The core plan wouldnt suit me personally because (discipline thing again!!) I would keep on eating and eating, I like points because there is a "cut off" point - a limit - once I hit 22points I HAVE to stop eating!!

One thing I can say about ww is, if you stick to it, it DOES work!, believe me I tried a million diets to no avail but have now been on ww 7 months and have lost (almost) 5 stone without giving up my social life, treats and take aways!!

Points is quite easy once you get your head around it.. It may sound a little daunting at first but after a week or so its like second nature, plus if you stick around here you'll find sooo many little tips and help..

The very best of luck pet! please shout if you want anything!! x

meant to say recommend it ENOUGH :eek:

I agree with Nikki, I couldnt do Core as I need the discipline element.

The points may seem a bit confusing but honestly theyre SO easy to get the hang of and its a lot less restrictive than Core

You possibly will see a slight gain initially but that will sort itself out.

Welcome to our WW gang, and shout if you need help at all

Aw, thanks guys, I must admit, the thought of the points system completely confused me - how do you work out what points are in what??!!:confused::confused:

That's what made me think of the core plan, but now I'm not sure - arghgh!

I suppose at the end of the day it's a case of less cream cakes and chips, and more salad and vegetables, lol!!!

Ah well, the meeting is tonight, last time I did WW was about 20 years ago, and I had to measure everything out - which wasn't good! I hope it's changed since then!!:eek:

Thanks for your replies!!

xx

The points are really easy to work out :) Theres a sticky thread to work out how many youre allowed per day.

If youre going to classes youll get a cardboard calculator thing lol Otherwise Id recommend getting an electronic one, actually Id recommend the electronic ones one way or another.

It really is easy to do, Im sure youll really enjoy it.

Dont hesitate to ask any questions while you decide what youre doing OR when you start x

hi ive just lost 5 stone with ll & im also doing ww on my own, with the help of minis.In my first week i put on 5 pounds which scared me too death, but ive now lost 3 of those pounds so im happy again. I think its the norm too gain after not eating anything.I got too the same stage as you in i couldnt face any more packs. Im hoping too lose another stone, but im not in a rush.Im enjoying ww still learning about points.also im enjoying cooking & trying new recipes.
Good luck tonight.

Thanks for your comments, I think I'm sort of resigned to the fact that I'll put on weight the first week, but it's amazing looking at the ww website to see all the recipes and stuff, after 5 months of soups and shakes it's all rather daunting!:eek::eek::eek:

I've got a feeling I'll either tread very carefully or go completely mad!! I'm hoping it's the first one!:D

Hi and welcome!
I'm another one doing points, I can't recommend this diet highly enough. Let us know how you get on and please feel free to ask us anything!
xx
ps - definately recommend in an electronic calculater as Sandy suggests, they're invaluable!

Just wondering if you just go staight into ww from a vlcd ? or do you still have an odd pack and sort of wean off it lol :eek::eek:

I`m just interested to see what people have done, and also do you still have the recommended points that they set or do you have less as you haven`t been "eating" ?????

I have done ww before and although I would reccommend it, it just wasn`t quick enough results for me to keep my motivation up. :)

Back