can anyone please advise me on herbal tea's???

sarah-louise x

Silver Member
im finding it hard with the no milk in coffee, but i am sticking to it so will not add any milk as iv already learnt the hard way with that in wk 1. so i thought maybe id give herbal tea a try, but iv no idea what is good for me on LL and what would be damaging. can any one advise me please?

thank u x

I has to be a leaf tea, not a fruit tea. Tea leaf, any colour, black, green or white, peppermint is another leaf, no funny addatives like fruit etc. I'm sure others will have one or two more to try but I like peppermint.

thanks foxtrot, peppermint iv had b4 so il be fine with that. was just looking for a few more options too if any one can add to it, that would be great,

many thanks foxtrot for your help x

When I did LL we were told you couldn't have any teas which were from the flower, which rules out quite a lot of herbal teas - eg camomile tea is made from the flower of the plant. And yes, all fruit teas are banned. Redbush tea can be nice, also sold as rooibos.

thank u island breeze. thats what conffusses me as i dont know if a tea is plant, leaf, flower or what! lol i did have a look at the shops but decided id be best to check b4 i buy! glad i did! thank u x

I did't know about the flower thing at first and had jasmine tea int he first week which is a no-no. I've had peppermint and rooibos, they help when I'm feeling the cold!

I would say, If in doubt ask on here as there are so many people who have looked into this already! it's a total mine of information

Green tea is brilliant whilst on LL, as it helps you got to the toilet. I have recommended it to lots off LL users and they love it. It is an aquired taste, however it also speeds up matabolisism, so its great in everyway, well it can stain teeth but then again so can coffee. Give it try xx

thanks everyone :) iv never tried green tea so i shall add that to my shopping list as i think that one will b beneficial ;) and the others mentioned are already in the cupboard :) thanks again xxxx

Back