Can anyone remember.........

becciharland

Any years ago there was a onion bhaji recipes in either sw mag or a hand out in class ....... I can remember you had to grate the onions and pots and I think carrots and bind together with a egg and fry or bake off............ Does anyone have the full recipes? I think it was about 3 or 2 years ago

Thanks x

If you do a search on this forum you will find the recipe - just click on the blue button that says 'search this forum' below the page numbers at the top right.

Thanks but ive been looking for ages and can not find it on here.....just wondering now if anyone can remember it....... :(

Yeah ive tried this but its not as nice........ I will have to contact someone i used to go to SW with in swindon and see if she still has it me thinks :(

Vegetable Bhajis with a cool chilli dip

This recipe is in a free booklet given away with SW magazine 'curry collection'.

For the bhajis

4 spring onions
1 red onion
340g potatoes
170g sweet potatoes
255g parsnips
5tbps fresh coriander, chopped
1 beaten egg
salt and pepper
frylight

For the dip
1 red chilli
200g pot ff fromage frais
1/2 tsp each of ground coriander & cumin

1) Finely chop spring onions and red onion and set aside. Peel and grate potatoes, sweet potatoes and parsnips. Place in fine mesh sieve and squeeze out as much juice as possible. Transfer to a bowl along with the spring onions and red onion, chopped coriander and egg. Season to taste and mix

2) Spray a pan with frylight, divide mixture into 8 bhajis and fry for around 10 mins turning over halfway through until golden brown.

3) For dip - deseed and finely chop the chilli, place in bowl and combine with the fromage frais, ground coriander and ground cumin and season to taste, mix well.

Hope this is helpful if not the exact recipe you were looking for, it looks really nice in the booklet so may try this myself in the week :)

Onion Bhajis

1 syn allplans

198g/7oz peeled onions
57g/2oz gramflour(chickpea flour)
1tsp lemon juice
2 tsp cumin
1tbsp crushed coriander seeds
1 tsp deseeded crushed chilli
1 tbsp chopped coriander
1/4 leveltsp baking powder
salt
frylight
pinch paprika

place onion,flour,juice.ground cumin,coriander seeds,chilli,chopped coriander aznd baking powder in bowl.season with salt and add few tbsp water to form thick batter yhat coats onion.leave to rest for 15 mins. use fingers to remix it and combine thoroughly.
preheat oven 220/gas7.Line baking tray with baking parchment. Usespoon/fingers to drop small amounts of mixture onto parchment.should make 12 bhajis.
Spray with fry light and bake form15-20 mins until golden.Remove immediately from heat and serv sprinkled with little paprika.
I would spray the parchment with frylight first as I find it can stick to food.

can be frozen.

got this recipe from this site

Back