Can anyone tell me how I can break this habit?!

Sunflowers

Wants to be a yummy mummy
When ever I'm cooking for h2b I'm finding that while preparing veg it's really hard not to nibble... I think it's complete habit in that I used to always nibble peppers while chopping them - same with carrot etc etc etc..

I'm finding that I'm getting it as far as my mouth before my brain reminds me not to eat it - but how long will it take for me to lose this habit?!?!?!?!

Anyone else find this? :confused:

Costs more but if it is a problem buy ready prepared or take the free option and ask him to do his own !

They say 30 days to make a habit and 30 days to break a habit - I don't know if that is universally true but after a month on ss my nibbling habit had ceased to be an issue :p

you're not eating it so your halfway there, i still get tempted and i have to stop myself, why is it bad habits are always harder to break :confused:

I am just the same, when I make something for the kids I , Im forever nicking a bit of whatever they are having, I had to spit something in the bin when I realised the other day :sign0007: Its making me notice how much crap I have been munching on without even realising Im doing it.

Whats JUDDD?

ha ha have to remember to brush your teeth before you remember not too nibble. I do exactly the same and have decided its so few cals im not bothered,im not on ss though. Other half is allways saying STOP PICKING. Maybe get your OH to shout at you.l:)

Remember that little pickers wear big knickers :D

:lol: It's not that I am deliberately picking!!!!

Just more habit that I've had all my life, when ever veg is being prepared, if it's one that can be eaten raw then it gets nibbled!!!!!

LOL Sorry - I wasn't being very helpful there was I :rolleyes:

I think when you're CDing, it those "healthy" habits that are hardest to break, as picking on raw veg is such a good thing to do, it's really hard to tell yourself to stop! And when it's done so unconciously, even harder. Agree with the idea of cleaning your teeth and you will find in time that you'll break the habit - which you're encouraged to start again when you get to maintenance. :)

Back